Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

4 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Holy fucking shit lmao.

Not very important but sometimes his cognitive dissonance amuses me.

How many replies are "Hello pot, my name is kettle. You are black."

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

How many replies are "Hello pot, my name is kettle. You are black."

He did say "another," displaying an unusual amount of self-awareness.

He just hates having the competition is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just want to ask that we keep the thread on his work, not every random thing he comments on. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 6

16 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Just want to ask that we keep the thread on his work, not every random thing he comments on. Thanks.

I agree that it's best to avoid getting stuck on every single thing he says, but sometimes they can help understand his mindset and offer an interesting look into his lack of awareness.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

On 2/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, CertifiedNobody said:

I agree that it's best to avoid getting stuck on every single thing he says, but sometimes they can help understand his mindset and offer an interesting look into his lack of awareness.

not to mention no sense of humor.  I'd rather have that bank robber as part of the fandom than, say, Guptill (who appears to be a fan of the penders comics and also has zero sense of humor)

• Thumbs Up 4

Someone should ask him what he thinks of the knuckles TV show announcement, guy's probably having a meltdown about this, especially since it will have noting to do with his echidna lore.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Razule said:

Hopefully they don't make the same mistake Bioware did basing their Echidna lore partly on anything he wrote. 

Well, they did sort of improve on it from what I heard. 😐

Paramount is most likely to just take Echidna lore from what we see in Sonic 3 and Sonic Adventure. But I'm sure their lawyers would be more than  happy to figure out exactly how far Penders' ownership of these concepts REALLY goes.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

I’m pretty sure Paramount could use the lore BioWare made without much trouble. Hell, even Ian was given permission to use the Nocturnus clan in Archie by Sega—It was Archie that didn’t want to bother with the trouble that would bring.

And even if Penders made a move to bring lawsuits, he’s not gonna have any success with Paramount—they got bigger pockets than Archie to grind him in the dirt if he tries.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

I still want to know what story penders was planning to write before he got hired to do sonic comics and what it would have looked like if he hadn't been given the opportunity to use knux to tell it.

And also why he comes across like a massive coomer.  Guy needs to hire someone to manage his twitter account.

• Thumbs Up 1

A certain familiar character minus familiar markings. Despite what Mr. Penders is saying, definitely looks far less menacing than the original comic version.

FL5l5VUVEAMmvTn.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Rabid-Coot said:

It really needs the tweet that goes with it for the full effect.

So Penders is still trying to use Scourge in his comics?

Only Penders could take away every unique attribute of a character to the point he somehow manages to regress them straight back to a recolour. Scourge now has Classic's brown eyes from Archie, he's lost the scar, he's lost the flame decals, he's basically lost everything that gives him a unique design apart from Sonic, and that's on top of being just plain butt ugly. Why is the colour shade such a sickeningly bright green when Scourge has always been more muted/dark green? Why are the proportions so wonky here? 

It's bad enough he's trying to steal a character and design he really shouldn't have any right to use, but the sheer fact he couldn't even get down the basic design attributes, and uses such a dumb ass excuse as "the tattoo wasn't as nasty as it could be", despite the fact it's a freaking scar given to him from Locke slashing him with his knuckles is just the cherry on the top of the incompetence sundae, frankly.

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes sense he'd remove the scar. Its to do with Locke and he avoids everything Ian did to do with his miserable echidna Daddy. He really does know how to ruin a good character doesn't he. Take away Scourge's character and is regressed to a Sonic recolour.

3 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

It really needs the tweet that goes with it for the full effect.

Fair enough. I need to look up and find out how to add tweets again.

Just now, Promethean0416 said:

Fair enough. I need to look up and find out how to add tweets again.

Go to twitter, press share, press copy link, and then paste it here.

I just thought of something. If Ken Penders wanted something new and fresh that looked cool and intimidating on Scourge, why not spikey chest piercings? Like big bulky spikes of metal poking out of the chest? Go cyber punk. Darn I want to draw this now... 

• Thumbs Up 1

"Evil Sonic is not green! ... but my totaly original character who has nothing to do with Sonic is green... 😏"

You know, plenty people point about that those were scars not tattoo on Scourge chest and I really need to defend Penders here.
1) it's nitpicking, you know what he meant
2) he never hid he doesn't care for Flynn's stuff, so it's understandable mistake to make

I'm pointing it out because I don't like people's priorities. Removing scars is one of few ways he ruins the design, while still keeping Scourge green, thus not making it either good or "pure evil sonic".