Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I just found the needs more mean and nasty part amusing. Its just something I never read from the character designs, the original comes across as 1950's cool and the Scourge is a more modern interpretation of cool finely tuned to arsehole.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah yes, so in short, turn Evil Sonic from Sonic Recolour into edgy Sonic recolour, complete with scars, and tattoos.

At this point, I'm shocked he didn't give him the cigar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Wait... So how would Scourge even fit in Lara Su's world in the first place? Like is he just basically a greaser? Would he wear a loin cloth too? I realized how weird Scourge would be in the LSC with how things are set. Like what's punk in that world?

Did he seriously give this guy a mullet? I also can't help but imagine Zeph would look a little bit better with a snout.
Blah, blah, blah can not connect the LSC to Mobius 25 Years Later.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Penders, for fucks sake, hire a professional to design your characters! Geez!

• Thumbs Up 1

Forehead ears are certainly a choice but I guess it can be written off as an alien thing. The medical screens clash with the other art and one is scanning a robot? foe some reason.

He kinda looks like a Na'vi if it was a bit sickly. Watch yourself Ken, James Cameron won't take kindly to rip offs.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:47 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ah yes, so in short, turn Evil Sonic from Sonic Recolour into edgy Sonic recolour, complete with scars, and tattoos.

At this point, I'm shocked he didn't give him the cigar.

You know, the hilarious thing about this? Penders is trying so, so hard to implicitly dunk on Flynn for the design of Scourge... but it was Patrick Spaziante who did the redesign. He's basically insulting the work of the guy whose cover work was one of the major pulls for his time on Sonic AND the Knuckles' series. 

• Thumbs Up 4

49 minutes ago, horridus said:

You know, the hilarious thing about this? Penders is trying so, so hard to implicitly dunk on Flynn for the design of Scourge... but it was Patrick Spaziante who did the redesign. He's basically insulting the work of the guy whose cover work was one of the major pulls for his time on Sonic AND the Knuckles' series. 

You think Penders is going to let a simple concept like research stop his dogging of Ian Flynn?

• Thumbs Up 8

25 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Ken really is a piece of garbage 

Aaah man, you beat me to it. 

But yeah, Jesus Christ it's amazing how this fucker finds such new, amazing ways to sink even lower than initially thought possible. 

Christ, even when trying to have a supposed "nice" conversation with someone who's actually looking forward to the comic, Ken finds a way to ruin it with his ego.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, horridus said:

Aaah man, you beat me to it. 

But yeah, Jesus Christ it's amazing how this fucker finds such new, amazing ways to sink even lower than initially thought possible. 

I thought it wasn't possible to sink any lower following him creepily posting images of cosplayers + criticising them for their clothing, doing so without their consent in a pathetic attempt to defend the infamous Su-Kini. Yet, here we are, with him somehow sinking even lower than that. It's absolutely disgusting and I sincerely hope Twitter listens to the report and takes it down.

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Christ, even when trying to have a supposed "nice" conversation with someone who's actually looking forward to the comic, Ken finds a way to ruin it with his ego.

It's part and parcel of the fact that Penders really, really hates being contradicted when it comes to his work. Which would be fair, if it weren't for the fact that these contradictions are brought up due to his own shoddy writing making people question his logic. His general approach to being a writer is to assume that, since he wrote it, the reader MUST accept it and not question how things work. Regardless of how little effort he puts into actually making things work. 

• Thumbs Up 2

What a fucking scumbag. He's literally being called out by the person in question, asking publicly for this photo of her that Penders posted without any permission to be taken down, and Penders still refuses to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

What a fucking scumbag. He's literally being called out by the person in question, asking publicly for this photo of her that Penders posted without any permission to be taken down, and Penders still refuses to do so. 

I would bet that even if that one person contacts him, he would still refuse. I can imagine he would actually be that bad of a person.

Ian's showed his support for the person in the photo, and confirmed that it's her:

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 4

2 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Of all the ways to talk about current events it just had to be about him/the comic first.

I am in absolute shock how someone can see something as serious, and as horrible as this attack, and still try to make it about a shitty echidna OC book. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Of all the ways to talk about current events it just had to be about him/the comic first.

It’s like every time I think Ken can’t stoop any lower, he outdoes himself. Holy shit.

21 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

It’s like every time I think Ken can’t stoop any lower, he outdoes himself. Holy shit.

You think that's bad? Here's him trying to justify it.

• Absolutely 4