Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

OMG! How will the Sonic Lore keep existing now that characters as important as Lt. Smiley and Sherman the Walrus have been copyrighted by Pender?!?

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

6 hours ago, Zaysho said:

If he's not suing Dark Horse for publishing that shitty data book last month then it's pretty clear he doesn't own what he says he does, but it's amusing watching him have to sell this lie and point fingers at people.

God I still remember him trying to brush off Shade appearing in that book by somehow trying to frame it as not counting because it was written by Ian Flynn. As if it was, somehow, an official Sonic Guide that had been purely made by Ian without any input or endorsement from SEGA. 

Bit by bit the man is losing his understanding of how licensing works, I swear. 

• Thumbs Up 9

3 hours ago, horridus said:

Bit by bit the man is losing his understanding of how licensing works, I swear. 

That assumes he ever had any. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he had a lawyer try to explain it, he misunderstood it badly, and now thinks he's an expert in the subject...

910760.jpg.ae23e2509aedcf91c28c65e8e3909365.jpg913160.jpg.34822e0f87757ffdc7416ed6311bf914.jpg917160.jpg.5c18c1c9d25d9cc435a2b2446589496e.jpg

• Chuckle 8

Sorry Ken, but the Sonic Ian wrote for was the same one you wrote for prior to your leaving Archie. Oh and you forgot about Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 6

The "Flynnverse", so I suppose that IDW, Archie Post-Reboot and Archie-Preboot post-160 are in the same timeline.

It makes things a bit confusing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

I like how he says when asked about Lara Su he says "I consider it a seperate and unique universe from the Sonic Universe but I have to consider older fans"

Ken, don't deny they are Sonic fan characters. 

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

Sorry Ken, but the Sonic Ian wrote for was the same one you wrote for prior to your leaving Archie. Oh and you forgot about Sonic Boom.

And where's Sonic Boom?

• Thumbs Up 3

What is the "Flynnverse" supposed to be according to him? This sounds like something from the YouTube comments section.

• Thumbs Up 4

Everyone that knows anything about comics knows that everytime a new writer takes over a series its a new universe/timeline.

• Chuckle 2

20 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

This idiot does know that there were a lot of comics leading up to #159 written by people who aren't him right? Where are the Gallagher and Bollers verses, Mr. I-Ignored-Pretty-Much-Everything-Bollers-Was-Doing?

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess this means Treasure Team Tango and Pirate Plunder Panic are apart of the Archie Sonic Universe, given that there’s no Tracyverse.

• Chuckle 5

Anyone here and expert on US Copyright Records? Because according to the listings he's posted, he's lying.

See the full twitter thread, I'm not posting the whole argument again. But the basics of it.

According to the record listings he posted, they don't prove he owns Julie-Su. One of the records he posted outright states he doesn't own anything outside of the script/story for that issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ian kind of strikes me as a modern representation of the Sisyphus myth, except the boulder keeps lying to him about him hating Princess Sally for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 6

You know, if you gave Julie-Su's coloring to Shade she doesn't look like a dead ringer for Julie-Su as opposed to if you do the same thing with Scourge and Sonic.

Ken, there is no way you don't know what a recolor is.

• Thumbs Up 3

Making Shade pink, shockingly, does not make her indistinguishable from Julie-Su.

But hey, the brotherhood of guardians gives us a new forum challenge!

image.thumb.png.8c32f78732f194b09d0719e46b7d705b.png

• Thumbs Up 5

It's no wonder that Ken Penders is getting into the NFT business. He's already an expert at claiming to own things that he really doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

Well yeah, there never would have been a reason for anyone to think Penders owned anything from Chronicles if it weren't for the fact that he keeps lying about it. His rationalization -- that he can claim ownership of it due to it being plagiarized -- would be dubious if it had been plagiarized, except we have explicit legal documentation of him failing to prove that it was plagiarized in the first place. For any of this shit to actually make sense, he'd have to actually win the court case, which he didn't.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't know why Ken keeps on trying to say that Shade is his property, despite the fact that he kept losing the case when he tried to bring it up.  Best to just give up on trying to claim Shade.

• Thumbs Up 5

BTW, Ken posted additional copyright stuff for his Knuckles stories and he's literally including "Green Knuckles" and "Future Knuckles" in his copyrighted characters. For the record, that's referring to "Knuckles after he was hit by the Chaos Syphon for 20 or so issues" and "Knuckles but 25 years older". Try to keep up with that logic. "You may have made Evil Sonic green and given him a new name, but the character Scourge still belongs to me because he's the same character. By the way, I made Sega's Knuckles the Echidna green and didn't give him a new name, so I own that version."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 6
  • Too Many Rings 1

Yeah, yeah.

We just got "Imposter Syndrome" comic about Eggman's worshiper and clones of Sonic and Tails, all three inspired by glitches from the games and that still feels more like original work than 80% of Ken's work.

Also, "Field Commander Rat"? Who????
(I Just checked. He's dingo soldier with less than 3 pages of screen time (KtE 6), his whole role is a scene that I'm 90% sure Ken stole from Captain America (Tales of Suspense '59 #68).

Compare
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-feXyuiMlShxE_NPiIDBi32EObEhUL-i6BKxyrbutXpOPDP6IF96oJUcSbLtItlNrwV7Tb_fO78v=s0
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/b9mplOUqM7gXOeQQNEz1bfI92cT3VExUhkqxtdqeEzQnfeW-HWkGdq0wtsiIlkrKs9yQQz80YlCd=s0
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/I8EyJCUpiStG15kNf6Lwv4zULIM3kDMWjxZ_9mKli4osKoTu3yz6VRN4liHXYyI1v1Q_P_E8UzWJ=s0

• Thumbs Up 2

So he says he owns Bunnie's cybernetic upgrade? Is that the concept of her being a robot or is that her getting upgraded cybernitics later (with the questionable visuals)?

Also, owns "Twilight Zone". Ken, uh.... might wanna think about that one. Pretty sure that name is already copyrighted dude.

• Thumbs Up 6