Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

5 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

He Copyrighted the fucking slide they used to get to Freedom HQ? Thats just sad.

The Zoot Chute was the entrance to the Master Emerald chamber.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Razule said:

The Zoot Chute was the entrance to the Master Emerald chamber.

Still sad copyrighting a dumb slide.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

Did you know Ken Penders claims to own the concepts of "a society of echidnas" or "Sonic the Hedgehog has parents"? Well now you do!

It's sad that he thinks that he owns most of the Sonic lore, which is lore that SEGA doesn't even use in the games!

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Razule said:

By the same logic, Sonic Prime is infringing on his concept of a Sonic multiverse, but he hasn't said a damn thing about it. He's only saying this because he knows Sega's never going to expand on those things, so he can't be proven wrong.

I'm actually kinda hoping he does wind up suing, if only so Netflix's MUCH SMARTER legal team can buddy up with Sega (of America, I presume) and quash this bullshit once and for all. Would that loosen the mandates? Probably not, but still... it'd be a start, at least.

• Thumbs Up 8

Ken could make a good be careful what you wish for story. The writer that gets everything they made back doomed to spend the rest of their life unable to do anything with it apart from argue online.

• Thumbs Up 7

11 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It's sad that he thinks that he owns most of the Sonic lore, which is lore that SEGA doesn't even use in the games!

In his mind, that makes them a failure....despite being more popular than his comics ever were.

• Thumbs Up 6

Honestly, most of those aren't really issues for creating lore for the games and the "bigger Sonic universe", because a lot of what he show is mostly "padding" and using every different part of his concept to make everything list bigger. The three biggest one would be "echidna society", "sonic's parent" and "Evil Sonic"... but even than is just a drop compared to all the possible stories that they could make that doesn't touch that.

Especially as even the Knuckles clan have been featured in Sonic Channel stuff, so they don't seems to be really afraid of that, they already don't care about showing Sonic's parent (and honestly, imo it's not a bad things to not show them) and we already have our share of inverted/evil Sonics and it wouldn't be that hard to create new way to tacle on this concept, as Surge shows (doesn't mean that having lost Scourge isn't sad, just that it's not impossible for SEGA to tacle the concept of a character that is "like Sonic but evil").

Penders hold way less power over the Sonic IP that he wants to believe (and that he wants us to believe too). What he mostly did is destroy the Sonic Archie legacy in locking them and forcing future creator to make spiritual successor and such. But he doesn't hold that much control over Sonic's lore.

• Thumbs Up 8

3 minutes ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

I dunno what y'all talkin' about, we saw Sonic's mom just last year, she even got featured in the games:

3E73ED8F-9C44-47B2-AAEE-1DDA94228212.thumb.jpeg.de13f8ee2e5b0ebc65017cf2f7d7c35a.jpeg
😜

Well, technically she's Sonic's guardian, from what we know so far.  So, I guess SEGA doesn't have much of a problem if Sonic has a guardian taking care of him.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/6/2022 at 9:20 PM, GentlemanX said:

Did you know Ken Penders claims to own the concepts of "a society of echidnas" or "Sonic the Hedgehog has parents"? Well now you do!

And yet Sally getting a new deceased mother didn't? Actually, no, a better example now that I think about Rotor got a brand new father who was actually recurring. That said if SEGA one day for whatever reason decided to give Sonic a father who never fought in a war nor was turned into a robot all Penders could do is just rant and ramble on Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

And yet Sally getting a new deceased mother didn't? Actually, no, a better example now that I think about Rotor got a brand new father who was actually recurring. That said if SEGA one day for whatever reason decided to give Sonic a father who never fought in a war nor was turned into a robot all Penders could do is just rant and ramble on Twitter.

Ken's ploy to looking all high and mighty is to make claims to stuff that SEGA just don't bother with, so he can try and pass off the guise that he's in command over certain machinations over a company as giant and powerful as SEGA.

Of course, the minute Shade showed up in the encyclopedia,  he had an excuse, which of course involved dogging Ian Flynn.

• Thumbs Up 6

Someone should ask Penders if the Zoot Chute was inspired by the Zoom Tubes in Fleetway's Sonic The Comic. Or if the idea of the Echidna's being a technologically advanced race were inspired by Sonic The Comic, or if "Evil Sonic" was inspired by... literally anything with an alternate reality filled with mirror duplicates. See how well he takes it. (Just for reference in StC Angel Island had a forcefield powered by The Master Emerald, as well as Guardian Robots.)

• Thumbs Up 7

16 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Hes already stated he didn't know about fleetway until much later on.

But that's kinda my point. He claims to own the idea of a society of Echidnas and yet when people point out that someone else did it first he just shrugs his shoulders and says he didn't know about it at the time, yet if anyone creates something remotely similar to "his" works, he acts like a petulant child. The fact that he thinks he has any claim over Evil Sonic is hilarious to me, I get WHY Sega hasn't done anything about it, they've already got an Evil Sonic in the form of Metal, a rival in the form of Shadow but him claiming it's because they know he's right is just... bewildering.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, The Ghost Cat said:

"Evil Sonic"

I mean look, by his logic, he owns the concept of Evil Sonic. Which would mean that Surge couldn't exist, yet she does.

Ken's just best at blowing smoke out his mouth and rear these days.

• Chuckle 2

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I mean look, by his logic, he owns the concept of Evil Sonic. Which would mean that Surge couldn't exist, yet she does.

Ken's just best at blowing smoke out his mouth and rear these days.

He's just upset because he isn't doing much of anything while SEGA just carries the series without him.

• Thumbs Up 6

Didn't Penders come up with the "Mysterious Cat Country"?

Funny that he'd lay claim to the queen but not the country, while at the same time claiming a "fire ant society," which... don't those kind of exist in real life?

• Thumbs Up 1

FFS Penders! You don't own vague concepts. You don't own the concept of Sonic having parents, you own two specific characters that were Sonic characters. There's a difference. 

Extra: So I keyed in some of those va numbers in the copyright record. It's mainly the text that copywritten under him? Not the character.

Example:

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=va0001716943&Search_Code=REGS&PID=3LZiJCth9tG_eUE9nI5Bch68w_g&SEQ=20220110030229&CNT=25&HIST=1

Edited by AlienBunny
Additional information
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2022 at 1:24 AM, Demon Slayer Ultima said:

Here he goes again trying to claim Shade, and he’s not getting to debates about it prolly cause he doesn’t have proof that he owns her, and yet there’s a legal doc and some recording talking about the case (also Shade/Chronicles being mentioned in the Encyclospeedia) that show he doesn’t own the character.

"Neither SEGA, BioWare or EA fought for her.  "

Ken, did you ever consider that they just assumed it was common sense that you don't own Shade? Especially since the court case never even stated that you owned the character.

And furthermore, notice he mention specifically that the name and armor will show up, but not the character. It's like even he's sane enough to realize that he could be at legal risk if he actually dared to use the character.

• Thumbs Up 8

Welp, that settles it. I am suing Sega for Tails. It's guaranteed to win because my uncle's bribed all the Fed courts in Boston my Love® for MY Hero® is far, far more real and valid than whatever he fucking gets from that souless Japanese corporation who only created him, big fuckin deal and their equally-corrupt friends. (Lookin' at you here, Viacom!)

Look forward Miles Prower, a new Completely-Original® novel due sometime before the heat death of the universe. Can't wait for y'all to read it!

Spoiler

/s. I know it seems obvious, but these days, there's always one sucker for everything...

• Chuckle 7

If he's not suing Dark Horse for publishing that shitty data book last month then it's pretty clear he doesn't own what he says he does, but it's amusing watching him have to sell this lie and point fingers at people.

• Thumbs Up 5