Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

There's something ironic about Penders spending the last day trying to defend an utterly disgusting, scummy, and horrendous claim about Sally and Greffrey, and on that same day, Ian being confirmed to be getting possibly his biggest writing gig as the writer of the next major Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

It could’ve been him, but he had to be…Penders.

Wonder what his reaction is to that news, if he isn’t already aware?

My guess is dismissive.

Because games aren't real media, you see.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

My guess is dismissive.

Because games aren't real media, you see.

Take it as you will.

• Thumbs Up 2

If he really wants to show he's happy maybe he could retract the blatant misinformation and lies he spreads about the man.

• Thumbs Up 4

He's happy because now he think's Ian's moving onto worse things (games are a downgrade to Penders) and he can try to weasel back into the comics as he's the only one who gets these characters.

• Thumbs Up 5

26 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Take it as you will.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

You'll have to pardon me if I don't take the words of a pathological liar like Ken Penders at face value. Not to even mention the level of sabotage this man has partaken in, let alone, his disgusting vilification of Ian Flynn in the workforce and industry.

And how he tried to profit off of Scourge, the hard work of Flynn to boot.

• Thumbs Up 7

Games are a downgrade to Penders?

Then why the fuck is he so dead set on ripping off a game-based franchise?!

• Chuckle 1

18 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Games are a downgrade to Penders?

Then why the fuck is he so dead set on ripping off a game-based franchise?!

Because Penders' justifies it as "i brought value to these lowly game characters" as opposed to him ripping off the franchise. You have to keep in mind that this is the man who truly believes Knuckles had absolutely no value as a character until he wrote him, despite the fact the only reason Penders did get so much with Knuckles was due to his popularity following S3&K.

• Thumbs Up 5

16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Because Penders' justifies it as "i brought value to these lowly game characters" as opposed to him ripping off the franchise. You have to keep in mind that this is the man who truly believes Knuckles had absolutely no value as a character until he wrote him, despite the fact the only reason Penders did get so much with Knuckles was due to his popularity following S3&K.

That and apparently the fact that he got to go wild with Knuckles in a lot of the ways that SEGA wouldn't let him affect Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

At least he's not being a total bitch about it.

It's almost disappointingly anticlimactic.

Probably makes it a good teaser for TLSC, if it ever happens, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Stasis said:

Ian is writing Frontiers. Sorry Ken.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. It's lovely to see Ian at the helm for the next game, and shows how far he's come since this prophetic comment on the original KP message board just shy of 20 years ago.

TheyHiredThatMan.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Everyone's got a different process. Some people do the lineart without any layouts, some people draw fifty layers before they even start.

Penders's problem is that he's still doing layouts for a comic that was supposed to release almost a decade ago.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I'm no comics expert, but I feel like storyboards should be a little more high quality than notebook scribbles.

So, why is Penders talking about his past work on Archie, when he should really be talking about his current work Lara Su?  I mean, isn't that what he's supposed to be working on right now?

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, why is Penders talking about his past work on Archie, when he should really be talking about his current work Lara Su?  I mean, isn't that what he's supposed to be working on right now?

Because no one -- okay, going to be fair about this -- because fewer people care about that than this.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

Because no one -- okay, going to be fair about this -- because fewer people care about that than this.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Oh yeah...more people care about the drama he had with Archie rather than his work that he's supposed to be posting up.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh yeah...more people care about the drama he had with Archie rather than his work that he's supposed to be posting up.

I know. They gotta only just care about the drama cuz no way they care about his work since he barely put up anything in the past decade.

Anyways, I’m surprised that, when the movie trailer came out, that Penders didn’t boast that Knuckles’ voice is exactly how his Knuckles is and he’ll sue and blah blah blah Pender sounds.

1 hour ago, antyep said:

I know. They gotta only just care about the drama cuz no way they care about his work since he barely put up anything in the past decade.

Anyways, I’m surprised that, when the movie trailer came out, that Penders didn’t boast that Knuckles’ voice is exactly how his Knuckles is and he’ll sue and blah blah blah Pender sounds.

He's too busy threatening to sue Tracey Yardley and Ian Flynn for interfering with his business by secretly conspiring to get his Scourge comic canceled right now.

• My Emmerdoods 1

4 minutes ago, SkullPirateMike said:

He's too busy threatening to sue Tracey Yardley and Ian Flynn for interfering with his business by secretly conspiring to get his Scourge comic canceled right now.

Sounds legit

Uh-huh, because you don’t throw any (and worse) shit towards Ian, Tracy, or any of the other staff who works on these books? But nah, Tracy’s memes are truly the point we should say enough is enough.

Also love how he claims Tracy is unprofessional by expressing an opinion. What obligation professionally does Tracy have to keep his mouth shut about Penders’ time on Archie Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 3

Not sure why he's saying all this now, or why he's involving Tracey, who afaik said nothing about the Scourge comic. Further down the thread he also starts throwing accusations at Kyle Crouse. Seems unhinged. I wonder if this is just his frustration over Flynn writing the game coming out.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Uh-huh, because you don’t throw any (and worse) shit towards Ian, Tracy, or any of the other staff who works on these books? But nah, Tracy’s memes are truly the point we should say enough is enough.

Also love how he claims Tracy is unprofessional by expressing an opinion. What obligation professionally does Tracy have to keep his mouth shut about Penders’ time on Archie Sonic?

Ah yes, Ken Penders, the master of class of professionalism. 

You know, this guy who keeps doing his damndest to drag Ian Flynn down to his level.

At this point, it's not so much "Stones in Glass Houses", as it is "Boulders in Glass Houses" at this point.

• Chuckle 5