Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

As someone who's a fan of Transformers, Hasbro leaving iDW seems very unlikely since their relationship seems to be very strong and their current comics show no sign of slowing down. They currently have multiple series and miniseries, as well as yearly crossovers with other franchises like Ghostbusters, MLP, and Terminator.

Snep.PNG

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

As someone who's a fan of Transformers, Hasbro leaving iDW seems very unlikely since their relationship seems to be very strong and their current comics show no sign of slowing down. They currently have multiple series and miniseries, as well as yearly crossovers with other franchises like Ghostbusters, MLP, and Terminator.

Snep.PNG

Which makes me wonder why the people in the article believed that Hasbro was cutting off ties with IDW, when the comic book series is selling so well?  If Hasbro was thinking about cutting off ties with IDW, wouldn't they have done it a long time ago?

• Thumbs Up 6

IDK if they believe themselves that, what I'm sure is that they want us to believe that. This site basically is full of conspiracy theory trying to sell the narrative that there is a "war" from "bad SJW media from tumblr with a social agenda" against "the real consumers™" (that are them, for them), inspired by Comics/GamerGate and other stuff like that. Here this is the same.

Dreaming that the "bad IDW" (which was a target of ComicsGate) is going under is one of their common thing.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Snep.PNG

Yeah, can't see Hasbro shutting the IDW lines down when they've been this profitable. If anything, Ghostbusters would be the most likely to get the axe due to Sony blundering its way into near-bankruptcy AGAIN... which, after their one-two-three punch of Venom-Ghostbusters-MCU Spidey at this fall's box office paid off, seems highly unlikely. (And that's before PlayStation and Sony Music are taken into account.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, Zonic 2099 said:

Pretty sure IDW Sonic isn't going anywhere anytime soon. SEGA's got absolutely no reason to yank the license away and to my knowledge the comic is sell well enough.

I may have enough knowledge about Hasbro to get by but given that Disney is perfectly capable of having Marvel publish their own Star Wars Comics and... well Marvel's own comic series they don't really need to spend the extra money. Disney's yanked away licenses before and they will continue to do so.

Also considering that Sonic as a comic has sold well enough to last nearly 25 years... I'd say even IF SEGA for whatever reason yanked the comic from IDW there's still a pretty fair chance they'll give it to another company.

ClownFishTV... What's next? Geeks + Gamers? Overlord DVD? or some other Fandom Menace type shit?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

17 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Two decades, actually. If IDW either gives up or loses the license (which... lol, no), then Boom! or Dark Horse are right there waiting for it.

It be funny if it was Dark Horse cuz that’s where Penders done his one issue comic series (forgot the name. Lost Ones, was it?).

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, antyep said:

It be funny if it was Dark Horse cuz that’s where Penders done his one issue comic series (forgot the name. Lost Ones, was it?).

Lost ones and wasn’t that image comics

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, antyep said:

I wonder how Penders would feel about Sonic moving to a comic book company that dropped his series.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

On 12/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, Leebo4 said:

Pretty sure they don’t 

Right, I don't recall where I heard that, but it's been a long time. I didn't care about what happened to Lost Ones. Who the hell cares about Lost Ones, besides Penders? He don't count.

• Thumbs Up 3

Small tidbit from Penders- a script sampling featuring Salma. 

Not a whole lot of context to go by, but boy, these characters response to tragedy is certainly... fascinating.

'Nobody tells me anything'. 

If your aim was to make her come off as having a staggeringly understated reaction to learning her best friend's dad just died, then congratulations, you succeeded with flying colors. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh look, he spoiled his own story. Knox dies everyone! You don't spoil something that big in your story before release Ken!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Oh look, he spoiled his own story. Knox dies everyone! You don't spoil something that big in your story before release Ken!

What are the chances that anyone will read his comic after he just spoiled something major like that?

• Thumbs Up 3

41 minutes ago, horridus said:

Small tidbit from Penders- a script sampling featuring Salma. 

Not a whole lot of context to go by, but boy, these characters response to tragedy is certainly... fascinating.

'Nobody tells me anything'. 

If your aim was to make her come off as having a staggeringly understated reaction to learning her best friend's dad just died, then congratulations, you succeeded with flying colors. 

9 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Why does that response come off as especially cop-out material?

Like, I get having a character that doesn't have keen social skills, but the entire dialogue of the script just feels too unnatural for that one factor to be the main reason that it reads poorly. And using problems like that to excuse your character being a dickhead certainly does not paint things in the best of light.

Then again, this is Penders, so it's likely a case that he didn't think things through and is trying to cover his ass, pretentiously. Business as usual.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Pretty sure he already spoiled legally distinct Knuckles dying a few years back.

So, he basically copy and pasted an ocean in the background.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Razule said:

Pretty sure he already spoiled legally distinct Knuckles dying a few years back.

Am I the only one that thinks that if he left the pencil drawings without adding inking, coloring and copy-pasted backgrounds the final product may look... well, can't say "good" but at least "not as bad"?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SkyHorizon said:

Am I the only one that thinks that if he left the pencil drawings without adding inking, coloring and copy-pasted backgrounds the final product may look... well, can't say "good" but at least "not as bad"?

It's tolerable. 

• Chuckle 3