Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

3 hours ago, horridus said:

I guess all the jokes about his designs looking like NFTS finally got to him.

I sorta figured this would eventually come up, but even so... cripes. 

Kinda figured that he was going to get into NFTs, since he's been talking about it for awhile now.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Kittea said:

He found the only way he could be the best artist in the room.

Too bad there’s always someone better…

So rather than selling one of a kind actual artwork like I've seen Richard Elson sell of Sonic the Comic on eBay, we own one of a kind scans of original artwork?

Or, by owning one of a kind scans of the original work and copyright, does than mean I own all variations of said work and then the story can never be used without my permission? My NFT knowledge is basic.

9 minutes ago, Stasis said:

Or, by owning one of a kind scans of the original work and copyright, does then mean I own all variations of said work and then the story can never be used without my permission? My NFT knowledge is basic.

Nope, you would just own some kind of "fancy" blockchain-based "certificate of ownership" that haven't any real/legal value. Some kind of link between you (or more specifically your ethereum account) and a token that is linked to the creation. It's the equivalent of these certificate of you owning a star, or things like that, just blockchain-based.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 4

As far as I understand NFT is just a bragging rights, like buying a star. You "own" rights picture/GIF with zero real benefits.

BUT, because some people buy them, suddenly they do have value, due to rules of speculative market. So you buy NFT in hopes that they price will rise and then you'll sell them for more.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • My Emmerdoods 2

Welp. If he's willing to pay for the gas fees. It's his money. 

Meanwhile if anyone is wondering why such stupid NFTs are bought for a lot of money, money laundering. Same reason why ridiculous art is bought for millions. It's unregulated.

• Absolutely 1

Seeing as posting dates around here is my speed for whatever reason, today marks another important 10th anniversary "milestone", if you like to call it that I suppose:

JulieSoonIn2012.thumb.jpg.0d743a4b5873975764dab54f819edeb4.jpg

Rather than critique the design, recall how fans located the high quality file and went to town, or mention the project's "new" title, it feels appropriate to acknowledge the occasion with more tongue-in-cheek, so here's something I wrote back in 2014 but never got around to sharing with anyone. The plan was to respond with this totally official theme song for the character when (or more than ever these days, IF) the long-fabled app was given a music track. Since neither came to pass, the original document was deleted, so the following is hastily rewritten based on what I remember. It's far from polished, but on the plus side, kids can definitely still dance to it:

Spoiler

It is the 33rd Century. Future Knuckles killed the giant Archrociemator when he rescued the Echidnas and his daughter, Lara-Su. But the ancient god Sage-R is angry, and threatens a terrible revenge...

“Echidnas? You defy the Lawyers?! I sentence you to travel among unknown stars! Until you find the Kingdom of Albion, your personalities will stay as lifeless... as stone!”

"Guardian, the way back to Mobius has been wiped from my memory."

"Father! Oh father, come back!" "You must... discover your destiny, my daughter..."

(Do Do Do DoDo Do Do DooooooDo! Do Do Do DoDo Do Do DooooooDo!)

Lara-Su. Lara-Suuu-oooh!

With scarlet fur and lilac hues!

You stowaway, while bringing textbooks to fights!

Lara-Su. Lara-Suuu-oooh!

Your whining days are never through-ooh!

‘Cos now you’re trapped, in budget “Space: ‘99”!

Lara-Suuuu-Oooh-Oooh!

No-one else can do the things you do-ooh!

Lara-Suuuu-Oooh-Oooh!

Babysitting for a King that’s blue-ooh!

Lara-Suuuu-Oooh-Oooh!

Taking on the force of the Dark Legion,

Coming Soon in Two Thousand and Twelllllve!

(DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-DO!)

“It’s me Salma, da Chameleahn, luvs ‘er Lara-Su!”

Laraaaaa-Ahhhh-Su!

(DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-DoDo!)

Lara-Su. Lara-Suuu-oooh!

Our species’ fate is down to youuuuu!

If you can score, with Anthony Mackie tonight!

Lara-Suuuu-Oooh-Oooh!

No-one else can pull this fashion mo-oove!

Lara-Suuuu-Oooh-Oooh!

Rock Sukini’s on the covers, too-ooh!

Lara-Suuuu-Oooh-Oooh!

Searching for that fated destiny,

Coming Soon in Two Thousand and Twelllllve!

(DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-Do!)

Laraaaaa-Ahhhh-Su!

“It’s me Salma, da Chameleahn, luvs er Lara-Su!”

(DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-DoDo! DoDo-DoDo-DoDo-DoDo! Duuuuhhhhhhh!)

Changing the lyrics to “Juliesses” would've flowed better. Then again, the graphic novels shifted focus instead to a character whom the author spent years hyping up only to accomplish almost nothing before being erased from existence, so it somewhat still worked.

• Chuckle 3

It's a already a decade? Man, what time.

Archie Mega Man and Sonic Reboot
Rise and fall of Game of Thrones
Steven Universe, Bojack Horseman, Gravity Falls
Demon Slayer manga.

It's crazy how much can happen in one decade, how much can be started and ended. Why, one could even publish a single issue of his comic.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sonic Reboot

Partly caused by Penders' shenanigans in court to boot.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

10 years and nothing came out of this comic...

We could have gotten a Scourge comic if people had just ignored it.

Oh thank goodness, I thought for a moment we didn't even get to make it through the holidays before he Rita Repulsa'd us with another Monster Tweet of the Week.

• Chuckle 2

Well, with the sneak peak we have seen, maybe it's for the better than nothing happenned for those last 10 years. Nothing of value was lost.

( Same for the Scourge comics : with the sheer number of red flag and shitty things around this project, it's not a big loss. )

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Kazhnuz said:

Well, with the sneak peak we have seen, maybe it's for the better than nothing happenned for those last 10 years. Nothing of value was lost.

Stuff of value being lost is how we ended up in this situation in the first place.

Sure, I agree with that, here I'm just talking about Penders' projects and his inability to finish a product, not about the situation that started all of this.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Or y'know, if the people behind it weren't terrible and didn't just close up shop the minute they got called out for being terrible.

Nobody good is going to write for Penders. At least if we ignored them we might have finally gotten some kind of development after 10 years.

13 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Nobody good is going to write for Penders. At least if we ignored them we might have finally gotten some kind of development after 10 years.

That's honestly no excuse. It's not even like critics of their nature forced them to cancel the story; they just couldn't stomach the consequences for being called out on their true nature.

And furthermore, no one is at an obligation to ignore the problems.

The lack of progress is more on their decisions than people taking issue with terrible scumbags profiting off of characters that aren't even truly their own. So I don't see what you're getting at with this.

• Thumbs Up 5

17 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

If they or what they create are not going to be good then I don't want "development" from them.

"It's better than nothing" no it's not. I quite prefer nothing. If there's nothing, then I get to leave and do something fun instead, which I have.

We aren't making fun of Penders's release schedule because we're all really excited to read his awful comic, it's because he's been pushing it non-stop for almost a decade despite having hardly any work done, what there is looks hideous, and because he's found about a hundred ways of making himself look like a clown in the meantime.

Even for those of us who would want to read his shit ironically (which, by the way, please do not give him money for this), I think most can agree that everyone would be happier is he just quietly fucked off.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Even ignoring how shitty the Rush Comics team is, that comic deserved to fail on principle of what it was. A shitty, cynical cashgrab (which is a companion piece of the other shitty, cynical cashgrab) parading around a character people liked without anything they actually liked about him licensed by Penders is not a real development.

But, oh no, people didn't like that Rush team was unsavory on top of everything else wrong with that Scourge comic and the team was too bitchmade to stick it out. Boo hoo.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know Ken Penders claims to own the concepts of "a society of echidnas" or "Sonic the Hedgehog has parents"? Well now you do!

• Thumbs Up 4

Man, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed the people saying he claimed that were just misinformed. He legit thinks he owns the concept of a licensed character having parents. Sometimes, I can't believe he's a real person.

By the same logic, Sonic Prime is infringing on his concept of a Sonic multiverse, but he hasn't said a damn thing about it. He's only saying this because he knows Sega's never going to expand on those things, so he can't be proven wrong.

• Thumbs Up 7

He Copyrighted the fucking slide they used to get to Freedom HQ? Thats just sad.

• Thumbs Up 4