Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Well, the new episode is done. What did you guys think? Personally, I thought it was a okay epiosde. I felt some of the Knuckles on TV stuff was kinda stupid and I couldn't understand what was going on. What did you all think?

I liked it, especially the part where Eggman was constantly advertising his "business" throughout the climactic battle.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved today's episode, it had a plot that reflected real life, on how people make the dumbest things get popular. I loved how unlike last week's episode, only the characters that did bad things were the ones who got punished. Last week, Sonic and Knuckles were disrespectful towards Amy's belongings, yet they got off the hook at the end,while poor Amy is left to stare at her destroyed couch. It felt mean spirited, especially since Amy didn't ask Sonic and Knuckles to look after the place. They bugged her about watching the place, and she let them, only for Sonic and Knuckles to be total jerks toward her property.

back on topic, this week's episode did a great job at punishing those who really deserved it. Comedy Chimp got so obssessed with jealousy, that he sold out to let Eggman attack the town, in exchange for getting rid of Knuckles. He pretty much negotiated with a terrorist right there. In the end, Eggman is defeated, and although Comedy Chimp got his show back, he didn't go unpunished for his horrible actions. His studio was destroyed, and was attacked by one of the Eggman items he was promoting. Both characters totally deserved a bad ending, which made it satisfying, and the good guys had a good ending. The team got Knuckles back, and Knuckles is back to his love of fighting.

I enjoyed how this episode avoided the cliche where a character becomes famous, and starts treating their friends like crap. Right when it showed the part where Knuckles walked into a night club, I felt for sure Knuckles was going to leave his friends behind, but surprisingly, he signaled Salty to let them in. 

The humor and pace of the episode was great as well, it made it seem like it was a longer episode than usual. I loved the Staying Alive parody, Knuckles not selling out to Eggman, only to sell out to Meh Burger instead, and Knuckles unintentionally turning a corny comedy show into a slapstick show starring himself. I laughed when the gang were watching tv, and they set off to save Knuckles, only for Sticks to fall behind, by wanting to see what happens on TV next. I also got a laugh out of how Wolfy kept trying to get his chance at hosting the show, and when he got his chance, a stage light falls and knocks him out.

Really? Why did I think you guys'd have it... I'm getting confused with the mobile games coming out in Canada first @~@ Still, it just goes to show how little they want to promote the show overseas. It's a shame though, it's really good!

they don't promote it here in America either, which saddens me. Especially when less deserving trash like Teen Titans Go! Is hogging all the attention, commercials and air time...

Edited by SpongicX

they don't promote it here in America either, which saddens me. Especially when less deserving trash like Teen Titans Go! Is hogging all the attention, commercials and air time...

Trust me, I hate that too. I mean, CN's sitting on gold here, and they're barely doing a thing to promote it to people outside the Sonic fanbase.

Good thing there are enough of us to go around, eh? We can easily spread the word.

• Thumbs Up 2

Trust me, I hate that too. I mean, CN's sitting on gold here, and they're barely doing a thing to promote it to people outside the Sonic fanbase.

Good thing there are enough of us to go around, eh? We can easily spread the word.

yet Cartoon Network can't spread the show's timeslot and hours...

In other news, we got new episode release dates!

Episode 43: Fire in a Crowded Workshop (The episode with Perci in it) Date: 12th September

Tails' workshop is destroyed by a fire and everyone has conflicting stories about how it happened. 

Episode 44: It Wasn't Me, It was the One Armed Hedge (The one with Metal Sonic in it) Date: 19th September (You were close @Jason the Jackass .)

Sonic is blamed for robbing Eggman's Lair, although he caused no damage whatsover. He sets off to figure out who the real culprit was. 

Episode 35: Robot Battle Royale Date: 26th September.

Tails and Eggman join a Robot Fighting game show contest. 

And another episode, No Robots Allowed will air on October 3rd. Not sure what the plot is though....

Edited by El Dorito

I dont know because i didnt watch it because the show is still not in the rest of europe

Dude. We get it.

Anyway this episode was alright. It wasn't that funny until Eggman showed up at the end. That running gag was brilliant. XD

I dont know because i didnt watch it because the show is still not in the rest of europe

Dude, will you just stop it? We get it. You're pissed off that it's not in the rest of Europe yet. We don't need you constantly repeating yourself daily. Not only is it annoying to everyone else, it starting to come off as spam.

• Thumbs Up 4

That scene with TWO Percis with Knuckles can make you think that Perci's part of a long line of protectors of the Island. It's basically the same as all the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys in the world. "It's a Joy-ful world."

tumblr_nu7lb17pkX1u1lqy6o1_1280.jpg

If you know english, please, download them here and shut up! I'm spanish too, european, and i don't complain so much.

http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=v97x6xKM

I understand you are annoyed but there is absolutely no need for being rude and antagonizing with the posting that you done here in this topic today. Seriously, we can't have that here. Especially in a topic pertaining to a cartoon of all things. Be sure to express any concerns you have with the posts of members in a respectful manner if you wish to do so.

Not to be repetitive here as the point as surely been made but you have been posting the same complaints in your posts at least once a week for quite a while. This is spam, which is against the rules as you are not contributing to this topic whatsoever by doing this in addition to throwing things off-topic and you are clearly frustrating others as well. Not everyone has access to the Sonic Boom cartoon in their respective countries yet they find a way to be able to watch it and aren't complaining about it so I advise you to do the same. Also, if you are going to post in this topic about the Sonic Boom cartoon, make sure it is something that contributes to the discussion.

Now, if I may give my take for Episode 42 of Sonic Boom...

"Late Night Wars" was an  episode with some funny moments, notably the "Stayin' Alive" and "Saturday Night Fever" sequence with Knuckles walking through the town. A definite positive was that Knuckles did have some good moments such as not accepting Dr. Eggman's sponsorship nor did he shun his friends when he became famous and he immediately responded and left the set when he was aware of Dr. Eggman's attack. And he was really enjoying himself on the show, even though he was making a complete fool of himself ^_^

Additional observations for "Late Night Wars":

7ffoIfS.jpg?2
You got to love kids for their honestly-even if it is poor timed. They held no criticism back regarding Comedy Chimp's photographs! :P 

eT8Yhuk.jpg?2
C.C. loving his photo shoot. And why does he have an audience that includes Team Sonic?! :P

mI62IWl.jpg?2
Knuckles making a "fashion statement". I think it's another instance of him being hilariously ridiculous!

rws22F3.jpg?2
Team Sonic hanging at Amy's house watching Comedy Chimp's show :)

zBosqqP.png?1
Salty is back with his bouncer duties! I loved how Knuckles wasn't so into his fame that he ditched his friends :)

QRvyuSA.jpg?2
Once again, Knuckles gets da ladies! Or should I say "da Percis"? :P Either way, Perci is back too :)

UZM0cn0.jpg?2
Knuckles' stint as guest host seems to be going well! :P Poor Wolfy can't catch a break!

kv4r6jt.jpg?2
A nighttime battle with Dr. Eggman-"Sponsored by Eggman Industries"! The logo stickers are on all of the bots as well as several times on Dr. Eggman's Eggmobile! :D

So "Late Night Wars" was pretty good with a lot of focus on Knuckles and Comedy Chimp with some funny moments throughout the episode. There were happy endings for everyone with Knuckles rejoining Team Sonic and Comedy Chimp getting his show back (even though the "Kiddie FunBall" blew up in his face. I guess that is a good thing for Dr. Eggman in addition to getting the sponsorship for the show!). I felt Knuckles' silly moments weren't too silly and he had some good moments characterization-wise. Aware of the synopsis for next week's epsiode "Fire in a Crowded Workshop", I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it all comes about! :)

• Thumbs Up 5

Can't they at least spring for a Princess Sally model, or make Cream the Rabbit and her mom Vanilla cameos?

The writers said they aren't introducing any more characters from the games (Shadow being a possible exception) or ones from other continuities.

• Thumbs Up 2

[I understand you are annoyed but there is absolutely no need for being rude and antagonizing with the posting that you done here in this topic today. Seriously, we can't have that here. Especially in a topic pertaining to a cartoon of all things. Be sure to express any concerns you have with the posts of members in a respectful manner if you wish to do so.]

All right.

[Dude, will you just stop it? We get it. You're pissed off that it's not in the rest of Europe yet. We don't need you constantly repeating yourself daily. Not only is it annoying to everyone else, it starting to come off as spam.] by Ryannumber1gamer

By the way, I'm not the only one to complaint. Even so, I'm sorry if I've bothered someone, but neither have you done nothing to temper this person.

I mean Diamond Z

Edited by Rinoa83

[I understand you are annoyed but there is absolutely no need for being rude and antagonizing with the posting that you done here in this topic today. Seriously, we can't have that here. Especially in a topic pertaining to a cartoon of all things. Be sure to express any concerns you have with the posts of members in a respectful manner if you wish to do so.]

All right.

[Dude, will you just stop it? We get it. You're pissed off that it's not in the rest of Europe yet. We don't need you constantly repeating yourself daily. Not only is it annoying to everyone else, it starting to come off as spam.] by Ryannumber1gamer

By the way, I'm not the only one to complaint. Even so, I'm sorry if I've bothered someone, but neither have you done nothing to temper this person.

I mean Diamond Z

I singled you out because you was the one that told a member to "Shut up" for starters. Something you have absolutely no right to do. You also made another post where you was antagonizing and snarky with your comments and image which was deleted. No one else did this but you. Telling someone to stop isn't against the rules nor is complaining about what they said or criticizing it a problem. Like I said, if you wish to contest what someone says that you either don't like or disagree with, do it without the rude remarks and wit which is what you did and why I addressed it.

Which I am done with at this point in this thread. If you wish to discuss this further feel feel to send me a PM but I'm not going to have this topic become derailed again by means of this discussion that has nothing to do with the topic.

• Thumbs Up 3

rws22F3.jpg?2
Team Sonic hanging at Amy's house watching Comedy Chimp's show :)

looooook!!! :wub: awwww!! tails' feet are over the sofa! XD i know is because he is suporting his back on the sofa unlike the others..

but i love to see this.. he looks so shorty! how cute! ( uhh... where are his Tails? ° - ° )

plus i love Knuckles new hat XD and the guys eating pop corn ( eggman's pop corn from Sole Power XD)

lol Sonic and Amy have the same pose hehe sorry. XD

about the two percies... i actually didn't felt silly XD  i though like.. uhh again? XD they have also the goat girl to use.. but. ehh ok.. :lol:

Edited by Drawloverlala

looooook!!! :wub: awwww!! tails' feet are over the sofa! XD i know is because he is suporting his back on the sofa unlike the others..

but i love to see this.. he looks so shorty! how cute! ( uhh... where are his Tails? ° - ° )

plus i love Knuckles new hat XD and the guys eating pop corn ( eggman's pop corn from Sole Power XD)

lol Sonic and Amy have the same pose hehe sorry. XD

about the two percies... i actually didn't felt silly XD  i though like.. uhh again? XD they have also the goat girl to use.. but. ehh ok.. :lol:

Maybe Amy's sofa has a special hole for Tails's tails so that when he sits down his tails won't have to bend all over the place ?

Well, there sure was a lot of story put into 11 minutes. Not much for comedy, but an okay story. That's the odd balance this show has. If it has a decent story, the humor suffers. If the story is weak, the episode is hilarious.

Man, comedy Chimp was a real villain in this one. BTW, how exactly does atacking your own show get it back? That plot made no sense.

I find it kinda disgusting that Perci (who's supposed to be a strong, fighting female character) has so far done nothing but swoon over Justin Beaver and been arm candy for Knuckles (along with her twin). Great way to introduce her there writers.

Edited by Jason the Jackass

Maybe Amy's sofa has a special hole for Tails's tails so that when he sits down his tails won't have to bend all over the place ?

There isn't any hole in Amy's sofa(or it might be, but it's too small for Tails' two tails). I'm afraid it's what we call bad animation in episode 42 (Late Night Wars).

I dont find adding serious characters in the show a good thing. They must make them funny to fit well. Thats why they cant add shadow unless he is made funny. Or a bad guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont find adding serious characters in the show a good thing. They must make them funny to fit well. Thats why they cant add shadow unless he is made funny. Or a bad guy.

That's a really silly way of looking at things. Putting serious characters in comedy series can work well, and it can be funny because these characters can be used for the main characters to bounce off of or to see the overly serious character who might be acting like an ass get his comeuppance. Take Squidward from classic SpongeBob for example where he was a overly serious jerk who usually ended up getting his comeuppance or getting some really funny one liners because of that overly serious nature. It's all about comedic timing and know what you can do with the characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, something else I've kinda noticed while watching the episode, When CC and Wolfy are talking in this scene:

latest?cb=20150906081339

I could've sworn I saw that picture of CC (behind the orange Wolf dude) somewhere, it kinda reminded me of-

cCBKRMjQ.jpeg

Bill Freiberger's avatar for Twitter and SSMB itself!