Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Big Spoilers of an upcoming episode. 

Hidden Content

oh how i wish this was real, except with shadow instead maybe, but thats just me.

edit oh it is real, k... now shadow plz

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic

They'd be crazy not to renew this show after seeing its ratings. I mean, around a million adults watch this show at most; who knows how many children?

The Boom TV show is gold-- comedy gold that's raking in the ratings, thus more people showing up to CN which benefits them in the long run. Sure, they fail to advertise it, but it still gets attention because of the large amount of Sonic fans. CN won't leave it in the dust, and I doubt SEGA will do the same-- they run the whole thing.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic here, but that's the way I see things.

With the EXTREMELY negative reputation Boom has thanks to the games, Sega might ax it in order to try contain the negativity from spilling out into the main series.

Ehh, there's some questions whether it has done well or not, weirdly enough. Apparently compared to other CN shows, it hasn't been ranking so hotly. But I have no idea how TV works so it's more at their discretion how they judge it. 

They should wait for the show to air everywhere to see if its doing good worldwide,  because there are still many countries who dont have the show

I know for sure that it's in Australia, but the problem is they air Sonic Boom whenever they feel like it. The air times has strayed away from it's original promise. But hey, that isn't CN Australia's only problem. They keep re-running the same two episodes of Steven Universe, over and over.

With the EXTREMELY negative reputation Boom has thanks to the games, Sega might ax it in order to try contain the negativity from spilling out into the main series.

And here we go with the doom and gloom again. 

Yeah, Cartoon Network doesn't care if the ratings are good or bad as long as the accompanying toy line sells. Look at Young Justice; it had a massive fandom and great ratings, but it was cancelled because the toy line wasn't selling and apparently they realised more girls where watching than boys; apparently it's the boys who buy the toys.

Turns out that French episode we saw was called "C'est pas moi c'est l'autre" ("It was not me! It was the other!")

fairly obvious...

I prefer "It wasn't me! It was the blue-armed man!" In reference to the fugitive.

Honestly didn't expect Metal Sonic to show up in the first 52 episodes. I always imagined he and Shadow might be added at a possible second season, to keep things a bit fresh with some new recurring characters. Not that I am complaining tho, it's really cool to see Sonic's metallic doppelganger finally debuting in a Sonic cartoon. Makes me a bit hopeful that Shadow might also show up in one of the last few episodes of the first batch.

Really enjoying the Boom cartoon, if it wasn't obvious. Although the show isn't perfect and some episodes are better then others, most of the situations Sonic and co. find themselfs in can still provide me with some good laughs. And it's version of Dr. Eggman is pretty dang entertaining, even tho it's also probably his most harmless incarnation, a few exceptions in between. I especially enjoy his interactions with Sonic and the love/hate relationship those two bickering rivals entertain.
I really hope a second season might be on the horizon, the show and it's creators really deserve another shot, in my opinion.

Any news abou the rest of europe getting this show?

Not for Germany, as far as I know. "Fall 2015" is still as close as it is, no more infos except for that.

Saw "Bro Down Showdown."

That was a fun and strangely adorable episode! Also, Metal Sonic is showing up? AWESOME! Can't wait until we see the english episode!

In Tails' Crush, Remember that part whereTails dramatically turns around when Zooey's captured? 

1 edit later, this happens

I seriously did not think of that...

• Thumbs Up 6

So... I've been watching this show online, and decided to see if Cartoon Network Australia airs this (When I watch CN on TV it's never been on). Turns out it's not even airing in Australia either! The only countries with it are US, Canada, France and UK to my knowledge. But the Boom toys are EVERYWHERE at shops like EB games and Toys R Us. It's so weird.

So... I've been watching this show online, and decided to see if Cartoon Network Australia airs this (When I watch CN on TV it's never been on). Turns out it's not even airing in Australia either! The only countries with it are US, Canada, France and UK to my knowledge. But the Boom toys are EVERYWHERE at shops like EB games and Toys R Us. It's so weird.

It starts Thursday 3rd September (in other words tomorrow) at 7am on GO (free to air TV) according to the online guides if any Australian is interested in watching.

According to the guide it looks like it's on Monday to Friday. (so all 5 days.)

Also it looks like that if you miss the 7am episodes (2 episodes a day), you'll be able to watch it at 2:30pm on the same day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, if Metal is gonna be appearing as well as some other Sonic Boom game characters, I'm curious if Shadow will eventually appear.

But yeah, I hope this doesn't end up like with Young Justice with the show being very popular, but they can it just because the toys aren't selling, that's some stupid excuse for pulling the plug on good shows. Admitted, I hated the show at first, being what it came from, but shoot, now I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, this is my first post, sorry if anything goes wrong.

I just wanted to say that Sonic BOOM will be getting a second season in 2016, as stated here:
http://www.tv.com/news/powerpuff-girls-reboot-2016-adventure-time-steven-universe-renewed--142445551409/

It lists all the shows on CN that will be be continuing, and Sonic BOOM is there. Hope this helped. ^_^

I'm calling it, Shadow's gonna show up at the season finale to help Sonic and Amy finally get together and kiss, which would in turn make Tumblr explode from the force of a billion Shadow and Sonamy fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

That link was already posted months ago. It's not a renewal, just Cartoon Network saying they will be continuing to air the show in 2016.

Good ratings don't necessarily guarantee a show will be renewed, though it's certainly a good sign. There's other factors to consider--how well the toys are selling, for example.

...Although, I swear I remember reading somewhere in this thread that the ratings weren't as high as they used to be.

but just because if CN decided they didn't want the show anymore, that doesn't mean the show would be cancelled. The show isn't made by or for Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network is just the network that airs the show in America. If CN cancelled it, that wouldn't change the fact that it's still being aired in France. 

Good news for those who are excited for the episode. The episode that features Percy as a main character will air next Saturday. If only CN aired two new episodes a week, then we would've been getting it tomorrow along side "Late Night Wars." 

Episode guide has been updated with more upcoming epsisodes.

S01, E46 No Robots Allowed 10/03/2015
S01, E45 Robot Battle Royale 9/26/2015
S01, E44 It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog 9/19/2015
S01, E43 Fire in a Crowded Workshop 9/12/2015

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems we're getting a bigger focus on robots in the coming weeks.

With the reemergence of Metal later on, could this be a coincidence... or a revolution?

...Eh, probably the former, given the show's nature not to focus a lot on continuity as most comedic cartoons like Boom do (though continuity does exist through the occasional mentioning of events from previous episodes).

The only countries with it are US, ''Canada'', France and UK to my knowledge. But the Boom toys are EVERYWHERE at shops like EB games and Toys R Us. It's so weird.

Canada? Never saw it in Canada. I know because it is where I live. If it is, I would love to know what channel if it does.

f only CN aired two new episodes a week, then we would've been getting it tomorrow along side "Late Night Wars." 

If they really did show 2 Episodes instaid of 1, I would be a lot more excited to episodes. At first I dident want Sonic Boom to have a Second season, Ever since episodes 43-48, It sounds like they know what to do with episodes now. There are a lot of episode possibilities I thought of. Here are some.

- A episode that uses a Different animation style, Simular to a few episodes of Adventure Time.

- A Episode where eggman gets married.

- A Episode where girl versions of characters are created by eggman.

- A Episode where it shows how each of the characters point of view of the world.

- A Episode where we get to see Team Sonic in the future, Where they are elders.

- Finally, A Episode where we get to see what would happen if eggman did actually build his theme park.

Robot Battle Royale? Oh, great! That episode was already aired at France within Fuzzy Puppy Buddies & Cabin Fever 5 days ago. I can't wait to watch the English version of those new episodes.

Canada? Never saw it in Canada. I know because it is where I live. If it is, I would love to know what channel if it does.

Really? Why did I think you guys'd have it... I'm getting confused with the mobile games coming out in Canada first @~@ Still, it just goes to show how little they want to promote the show overseas. It's a shame though, it's really good!

• Thumbs Up 1