Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Just saw ep 42. I loved the references to things like Austin Powers (The photo shoot reminded me of the one in the 1st movie), and Saturday Night Fever. It's amazingly written! And the Eggman Industries thing was hilarious!

Wait wait wait, where did amy find a new sofa with the same color?

She probably had a whole closet full of spare furniture, so she could've pulled out a spare from the closet. That kind of joke would've been a good callback to the times when Marge Simpson had a whole drawer full of heirloom necklaces, and Arnold's Grandpa had a drawer full of spare pocketwatches. Sonic & Knuckles could've felt dejected and used, in a way that would make them feel like they were played for saps.

Wait wait wait, where did amy find a new sofa with the same color?

The funny thing is how this episode takes place long after the Bro Down Showdown episode. According to a french listing of production numbers, that episode was made after Late Fees, and made before Into The Wilderness. Amy had a long time since than to get another couch.  I find it interesting how Bro Down Showdown and Into The Wilderness were made next to each other, because both episodes had a similar element. In both episodes, Sonic and Knuckles were reckless idiots. In Bro Down Showdown, they were reckless towards Amy's belongings, yet get off the hook in the end, without even caring about poor Amy. In into the Wilderness, Sonic and Knuckles weren't taking the wilderness training seriously, and tried cheating in the race by following the girls, instead of using survival skills they were supposed to train for. In that episode though, it had a more deserving karma filled ending for the two, since their cheating didn't pay off, as Amy and Sticks managed to win the race by using survival skills to get out of the silo they got trapped in.

tumblr_nu93d1twFm1t4x62wo1_1280.jpg

Apparently Perci's twin's name is Staci.

Ok, but did they have to make Staci look too identical? Also, what about the other 2 Perci look a likes from Battle Of The Boybands. At least they wore a different head band to distinguish themselves from Perci and Staci. I wonder what their names were? Maybe they were named Laci and Traci? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Australia's GO has now added Sonic Boom episodes to Saturday 4:30PM and Sunday at 12:00PM in addition. It means Sonic Boom is airing 7 days a week now in Australia. However the weekend ones look like repeats of the weekday ones if the guide is correct. I guess it's for those who can't watch the weekday ones or miss any episodes.

Edited by Super Sonic Speed

Aw jeez, I’ve been falling behind on my Boom-isode reviews. Yes, I’m calling them Boom-isodes now, don’t question me. Remember, I’m the guy that half bakes these reviews.

To kicks things off in a high note, let’s start with…… New Year’s Retribution? A New Year’s episode in the summer? Welp, happy 2016 guys. Can’t wait to hear that 25th Anniversary news, oh wait…….

A really solid episode, if I say so myself. Jokes aplenty, a really nice-looking night view of the village with a lot of nice vibrant colors, a pretty nice dance sequence and Knux and Eggman being the highlights as usual.

Eggman trying his best to beat Sonic in atleast one event is quite admirable of him and he’s the BAD GUY! But Sonic letting him win is quite nice of him so it works out well, can’t say I could add more than what others have said, this was a really nice and cute episode. NEXT!

Battle of the Boy Bands, yep. It’s about time an episode tops my #1 favorite episode over The Meteor and the first 3 episodes.

I’m pretty sure Alan Denton and Greg Hahn made up for their screw up in Just a Guy (even though it was a minor one in hindsight) with this gem of an episode.

As some people said, this is an episode that does satire really well though the show has touched on satire in small portions but I’m pretty sure this is the first time that satire was the main focus. I mean, it was hysterical that Sonic, Tails and Knux  were all part of a boy band and their song when they were Dreamboat Express taking the piss on modern pop songs is glorious only to do a Sonic Underground reference with Dudeitude!

Ok, so let’s see here. We had an AoStH reference in Eggman the Auteur, we had an Underground reference in this episode, Sticks during Worlds Unite mentioned Sonic X soooo when are we gonna get our SatAM and Sonic OVA references. Especially the OVA since Metal is going to be in an episode pretty soon, which I will say I’m really excited to see the English version of it!

tumblr_nu3ils1Szf1sg70eco1_1280.png

Welp, there’s our Boom’s reference of the OVA, now where’s my SatAM reference?

Also Greg Hahn apparently said in a Facebook comment, that they would have got Eggman fangirling on the stage which would’ve been hilarious as all hell but also confusing since the mind control on Justin Beaver’s songs were to hypnotize females but then I’d realize Eggman is genuine fan of Beaver and then I laugh my butt off at the thought.

Also we finally got to see Perci and also Salty in this episode, about dang time we get to see more RoL characters outside of Fastidious and Mayor Fink. Is it me or does the tattoos that Salty wears on his arms reminds me of another AoStH character, a Merhog or something? Also a character that will be relevant in the next episode appears here as well, clever move Boom team. Quick mention to praise Cindy Robinson here, she really did gave a really job here voicing a massive Beli-ver Amy.

Again, can’t say anything more about this episode that hasn’t already been said. It’s a fantastic episode that changes the pace for once. HA! Generations joke FTW!

Tails’ Crush, Bill Freiberger said this was his favorite episode in the season and I can very much see why. This is episode is so adorable and while I wouldn’t put it in my top 10 but it’s certainly in the top 15, to say the least.

While Zooey doesn’t have much of a personality outside of being a nice and sweet girl, whom I didn’t mind personally, I’m pretty sure this portrays how most guys have their first crushes on girls with a similar personality or maybe I’m looking too deep into it but this show does have a nice amount of depth to it, those who saw Roger’s latest video about Boom would get what I’m saying.

Also seeing Eggman just trying to get his package from Leroy the Turtle is pretty funny and at first thought, it would be irrelevant to the main plot of the episode but Reid Harrison managed to intertwine both plots and made a really solid conclusion. Also Eggman being the main source of 4th wall breaking humor with the Background Music Generator with a Heart-Iris upgrade is amazing and that battle rave music man, 2gud!

But yeah, another solid episode as per usual.

So now we got, Bro Down Showdown!

Another solid and fun episode, if I say so myself. It’s nice to see more of Sonic and Knux’s bromance and this episode showcases it pretty well! Of course, returning from last episode were Amy’s hilarious sudden violent outbursts, reminds me of the time when crazy Amy was both hilarious and cute. Again, also returning was Leroy’s mail delivery and the poor guy kept falling on his back and couldn’t quite get up as quick.

Seeing Sonic and Knux doing dangerously stupid things is totally something I would see two older brothers do a lot of the time. Kind of makes you think that the show may be more relatable to us than we might think. And again, Knuckles being oblivious to the advert for the game show was funny and him being disappointed that he thought this was going to be a Sonic & Knuckles episode, which I’m pretty sure everyone else was disappointed as well. The writers know us well…. TOO WELL…..

Sonic and Eggman bro-ing out for a while was fun to see as well and seeing S&K defeat the bot together was quite adorable and awesome.

Overall, this is a very nice bromance episode and suffices to say, I enjoyed this episode a lot and it was hilarious that Sonic and Knuckles got away with their screw-up with the sofa.

Lastly with my follow-up is Late Night Wars!

I’m quite surprised that Comedy Chimp was given a major role this time but hey, if you’re going to make an episode where Knuckles becomes a temporary TV host who else are you going to choose than good ol’ CC.

Love it when cartoons satirizes fashion so I was in stitches when the Photographer thought Knuckles wearing a beat up trash can and being his typical goofball self is actually making a fashion statement.

I was quite shocked to see 2 Percis but then Bill said that Perci has a twin sister? Ummm ok then, makes me chuckle to think that Sonic and crew might the 2 mixed up in a future episode, would be the obvious joke to do but it’ll still be funny.

Knuckles refusing to sponsor Eggman but rather sponsor Meh Burger to get a couple of free burgers is pretty funny, so much for Knux not being a sellout. XD Comedy Chimp having no choice but to get Eggman’s help and let Eggman sponsor himself during the fight and Eggman constantly spamming himself during said battle was very amusing, to say the least. Nice to see that Knux is quick on the draw to help his friends stop the attack so it’s nice to see that Knux isn’t like those other characters that forget about their friends and treat them like trash when they get famous, shows that he doesn’t let the popularity get to his head makes me all fuzzy inside :3.

So yet again, another good episode that hasn’t failed to make me laugh.

• Thumbs Up 6

Today's episode was hilarious. Once again, Knuckles tells the best fantasy stories. I loved how each character had their interpretation of the story, based off of each characteristic. Sonic telling his story as an egotistical charmer, while portraying Knuckles as a clumsy idiot, and Amy as a jealous girl who bosses people around for having insecurity issues. Also, Sonic's exaggeration of Amy getting mad over getting a wrong order from Meh Burger was funny. 

I loved how Knuckles was portraying himself as an admirable captain with Amy as his nurse, and Sonic as a wimpy weakling who tries desperately to be like Knuckles. It was funny to see Sonic jumping into Amy's arms, only for Knuckles to put out the fire with ice breath. Knuckles can't tell a story, without making himself have some super powers, can he?

Amy's story portrayed Perci as a Siren who was putting Sonic and Knuckles under a love spell. Amy decided to help Perci, because of her caring instincts, despite the fact she was jealous of how Perci was letting men fight over her. It figures that Amy would picture Sonic and Knuckles fighting over who gives Perci a pillow.

Then Perci tells what was likely the real story. Just like Amy's story, the boys try impressing Perci, where Amy was jealous, yet helped Perci's injury anyways. The only difference from Amy's version of meeting Perci, was how Perci wasn't acting helpless, and was trying to be independent, yet the boys figured she was helpless, while Amy thought she was trying to make men fight over her. Perci tells Amy that she was just going to ask for tools to fix it herself. It's funny how the whole plot was the gang jumping to conclusions, without hearing Perci out. They all thought Perci was desperate for attention, yet it turns out she was able to handle things herself, but everyone butted in because they thought she was pretty, or because Amy was jealous of her. 

It's funny how it turns out none of them started the fire, and it was mainly Tails' fault. You have to love how Tails took responsibility for his own fault, instead of trying to blame his friends for setting his workshop on fire. I laughed when Perci hit on Tails at the end. I was shocked that the series didn't already pair Tails and Perci any sooner, because they have so much in common. Both are mechanics and love building and repairing. It makes me wonder why they made the episode Tails' Crush. When I first heard of the episode, I figured Tails would have a crush on Perci, instead, it was a fox named Zooey. I'm honestly stuck on who would be a better match for Tails. Zooey fits with Tails, because they're the same species, and they had a cute ending from the episode Tails' Crush, but Perci has more in common with Tails. Perci does seem a little too old to be dating Tails though, so I'll just say Tails and Zooey are probably better off. 

In conclusion, this episode was very funny, and was the funniest episode I've seen since Battle Of The Boybands. Each character telling stories with exaggerated details based off of each character's personality was interesting to see, especially Knuckles'. Sticks was the highlight of the episode for me. It's funny how each character had Sticks burst into the story, and accuse Perci of being part of a conspiracy, only to run off screaming in fear. Sticks was portrayed to call Perci a robot, an alien, and a government agent. I laughed at how in Perci's story, instead of ranting about a paranoid conspiracy, Sticks just screams and runs off, without saying anything, lol. 

I just want to point out that this is the second episode that everyone's favorite manchild of an evil scientist (a.k.a. Eggman) had absolutely zero involvement in, directly or not.

I guess even Eggy needs a little downtime from plotting to decimate Sonic and pals, wreak havoc on the village, and build such horrible designs as DNA-infusing evil cookies and diabolical amusement parks.

...Either that, or he is plotting and we just don't know it. My money's on the latter.

But seriously, there was probably no place for Egghead in the plot, anyway.

Problemly the most hilarious episode by far, freaking Sticks freaking out in all stories with a different conspiracy theory, except for Perci's in which she ran away right when Perci said "hi" made me burst laughing.

Okay, I will admit "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" was actually pretty hilarious. The use of the Rashomon story POV trope played off Sonic's occasionally unwarranted self importance, Knuckles' oblivious narcissism and even Amy's jealous bossiness quite well.

Also, I'm sure most folks here will disagree to some degree, but I actually like Eggman didn't show up here at all, too. It's like they finally started to understand that just because Eggman is the primary antagonist, doesn't mean that he has to be the only source of conflict or even has to be involved in a conflict in some fashion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Apparently, CN is airing the new episode twice today. My DVR already has it recorded and currently airing now. It's 10:07 in my area. 

My favorite part of today's episode was Sonic whining for the others to wait for him in Knuckles' story. Roger delivered that really hilariously. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, I'm sure most folks here will disagree to some degree, but I actually like Eggman didn't show up here at all, too. It's like they finally started to understand that just because Eggman is the primary antagonist, doesn't mean that he has to be the only source of conflict or even has to be involved in a conflict in some fashion.

now i wonder if is going to be a episode with no Sonic..XD .. it already happend? i can't remember

it seems that he as been present on every episode..

Edited by Drawloverlala
adasd

Episode 43 was legitimately one of my most favourites so far.

The episode was so full of funny moments between the three different stories, and I just think it's had some of the best writing character wise since Black Knight. The stories really do reflect how each character's personality is. Sonic being the smart ass who thinks everyone should be doing what he says or else they'll screw it up, while he's the strong, smooth, well known hero, and of course Knuckles being the superhero persona from Episode 10 (With a new captain's hat as well :D). But the best part is the callbacks. Seeing stuff like Knuckles' story involving Amy and Perci swooning over him much like he did with his Eggman story back in Episode 10 was a really funny callback, and of course, there's Sonic being the weak, cowardly oaf in that story who keeps screwing things up.

But to sum up, here's the positives:

+Sonic & Knuckles' telling Tails that Amy flipped out and destroyed Meh Burger over mayo being put into her burger

+Amy's lecture on Bike Safety

+Sonic's over exaggeration of Perci swooning for him

+Sonic saying that as a man, he'll fix the bike with his bare hands, only to then go get welding tools

+"Kids! Behave yourselves! This is why we can't have nice things!"

+Captain Knuckles

+Perci and Amy swooning over Knuckles

+Sonic acting like a weak coward

+Sonic attempting to lift the broken bike

+Knuckles telling Sonic the he's the second banana

(which by the way, made me think of:)

+Sonic's "COME ON GUYSSSSSS WAIT FOR MEHHHHHHH"

+The part about Sticks being quite nice

+Both Sonic & Amy being complete idiots in Knuckles' story

+Sonic wants to be like his hero Knuckles

+Ice Breath Knuckles

+Amy claiming that Perci used an act to make Amy jealous

+Sonic & Knux being girl crazy

+Knuckles trying to flirt with Perci

+Amy trying to fight with Perci who doesn't care

+Perci and Tails at the end

This episode was one of the most funniest in my opinion

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh hey, my fictional "college" has burned down and everyone is giving their own story. As the guy that hardly puts effort into Boom-isode reviews, I decided not to deal with that BS and just review the latest Boom-isode.

Fire in a Crowded Workshop, ah geez Battle of the Boybands wasn't that long ago, why is there another great episode already? I think it's actually going to be very hard to make up my top 10 favorite Boom-isodes now and then there's next week's episode with Metal's possibly first TV debut in the series history! How can anyone say this show is bad?! (DISCLAIMER: Soni is fully aware that the Boom show isn't going to be well-liked by everyone, not everyone can like a single thing but he's still can't understand the negative response from some Sonic fans, coincidentally the Adventure fans.....yeah gonna stop there.)

I liked how the aftermath already happened and they just get right into the alternate stories between Sonic, Knux and Amy. All 3 hysterical, even Perci's.

I wanted to mention how really good the voice acting is in this episode, especially Roger, Travis, Nika and Cindy. Roger voicing the wimpiest Sonic ever is absolutely hysterical, Travis acting all manly and stuff was also very goofy, Nika, despite not voicing much for Sticks, did an amazing job voicing those freakouts and CIndy voicing Perci is something I genuinely like. Perci now sounds somewhat like a Westerner whose just really chill and can handle herself so that's fun! So Tails was just in a relationship with Zooey 3 Boom-isodes ago and now they're teasing Tails x Perci..... eh, whatever loose continuity! 

And realizing it was all an electrical fire caused by Tails' latest scientific goof-up is the ACTUAL reason why Tails' workshop burnt down is hilarious in hindsight.

So yeah, great episode and now time for the METAL SONIC HYPE BOOM TRAIN! HERE WE GO!

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed something real funny about today's episode. Did anyone else notice how during Perci's version of what really happened, this little detail? After Sticks freaks out and runs off, if you look closely, Sonic and Amy are holding each other, and cowering in fear at Sticks. I honestly laughed when I noticed that. 

group158158158000013.jpg

well.. this wasn't my favourite episode.. but i still enjoyed it..i laughed a lot... ^_^ specially with knuckles' story.. it was the best.. :D .. somehow it reminded me the alternative universe knuckles; the one who Amy had a crush with and when Sonic was clumpsy XD.

actually.. this is the second time that Knuckles imagines Amy falling for him.. :lol: hehhe  omg i ship it!

also loved Sticks XD: i was like.. wow.. "she is ready to get her own heavy metal rockband" XD hahhaa

and the ending.. hahaha Tails is now a ladieeees man :D

i'm looking foward the Metal Sonic episode! i know is gonna be good

well.. this wasn't my favourite episode.. but i still enjoyed it..i laughed a lot... ^_^ specially with knuckles' story.. it was the best.. :D .. somehow it reminded me the alternative universe knuckles; the one who Amy had a crush with and when Sonic was clumpsy XD.

actually.. this is the second time that Knuckles imagines Amy falling for him.. :lol: hehhe  omg i ship it!

also loved Sticks XD: i was like.. wow.. "she is ready to get her own heavy metal rockband" XD hahhaa

and the ending.. hahaha Tails is now a ladieeees man :D

i'm looking foward the Metal Sonic episode! i know is gonna be good

Knowing that Eggman wasn't in this episode, can only mean one thing: Deep within his Island Lair, he works on creating Metal Sonic, and as he admires the craftsmanship of Metal Sonic's still-in-stasis floating body, he says it:

"Finally, the only thing left to do is to upload the essential life data of your counterpart, then you will be complete, my Metal Sonic! When you awaken... FRAME HIM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed something real funny about today's episode. Did anyone else notice how during Perci's version of what really happened, this little detail? After Sticks freaks out and runs off, if you look closely, Sonic and Amy are holding each other, and cowering in fear at Sticks. I honestly laughed when I noticed that. 

group158158158000013.jpg

Yeah by this point the writers are banking on the Tumblr Sonamy fans, not kids.

Nearly caught up on Sonic Boom.  Been enjoying it a lot for the most part.  Tails and Zooey episode was a little disappointing and not as shiptastic as it looked after looking forward to it from tumblr images and stuff lol.  A kind of overdone plot and Zooey is yet to have any sort of personality unless she’s appeared again in the most recent couple of eps.

Also Dave the Intern has a major role in far too many episodes considering how uninteresting/unfunny he is as a character.  However the most recent one focusing on him was worth it just for the scene with Sonic and Eggman arguing in his mom’s basement lol.

Eggman just continues to be just beyond perfect in this series generally of course.  Also now that I’ve come to terms with the fact that this is a very different Knuckles from game canon Knuckles, he has made me laugh much more often than I thought “generic dumb character” would.  The episode where he became mayor was as good as I thought it’d be from the episode title card and the one where he was playing Sonic’s stunt double in Eggman’s movie was great too lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been away for a bit too long with this thread, here are my thoughts on the ones I saw recently:

Battle of the Boy Bands

One of my favorite episodes of the show. My dream team; Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get together and form the Dreamboat Express. Without a doubt the best part was at the concert where they’re having a sing off. (I could almost imagine how it’ll sound in the Japanese version XD) I think everyone else said at best when Dreamboat Express takes one big jab at the modern pop music and teen idol sensation. Suddenly the end just goes all Sonic Undergrounds on us with Dude-itude. Seriously, this episode was pretty dang good and I really want to buy a Dreamboat Express shirt… and also one on Dude-itude.

Tails’ Crush

Another one my favorites, a Tails centric episode where he tries to impress Zooey. My favorite parts were when Tails was seeking advice from Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks leading him with little to no success to Zooey until when Dr. Eggman finally steps in and advices Tails to be more himself then imitating others to get Zooey’s attention. I also love how while this is going on; Dr. Eggman was waiting for his package to arrive because of faulty delivery service. The best part for me was at the end where Tails just goes all badass and just lay waste to all of Eggman’s robots and rescue Zooey all by himself. Tails gets the kiss from Zooey and ends on a sweet note. I’m really glad that it didn’t turned out like the whole “the girlfriend was a robot the whole time created by Dr. Eggman” since we already had that with Swifty. So, I’m really happy that it turned out very well for Tails. J

Bro Down Showdown

I like how this episode really shows the bro-ness of Sonic and Knuckles when Sonic had to give up the new sofa to help Knuckles. Sonic and Knuckles of course mess up the sofa and at first try their best to get it cleaned until they see a commercial showing the Bro contest and decide to participate. Of course, Dr. Eggman gets paired up with Sonic as his Bro partner. I especially liked how Dr. Eggman actually tried participating with Orbot as his partner. I also love how Eggman was purposefully holding onto the answer to the question for Knuckles to be decimated.

Late Night Wars

A Comedy Chimp centric episode, well we did get a Dave the Intern centric episode so this is pretty fair game. Also, bucket-head Knuckles is quite the new look for him, which the public loved instead of Comedy Chimp’s poses and pictures. I do like the montage with Knuckles being the superstar but what I love is that Knuckles didn’t had that fame completely taking him over and forget about his friends. It wasn’t really a good idea from Comedy Chimp to trust Dr. Eggman to help run Knuckles out of the studio so that Chimp can have his old job back. It wasn’t my favorite but it was quite decent and seeing Knuckles trying to be the new host of the comedy show was a bit funny in a couple of parts.

Fire in a Crowded Workshop

It just keeps getting better and more hilarious. This episode was definitely my favorite so far, from beginning to end. I love how Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and Perci tell their side of the story of what happened and it’s pretty hilarious how Sonic, Knuckles and Amy viewed each other in their stories. My favorite was definitely Knuckles’ where he makes Perci and Amy fall for him and Sonic a complete wimp in his story. Captain Knuckles and “GUYS, WAIT FOR ME!!!” from Sonic. XD So, Tails’ defense mechanism short circuit and ended up burning it up instead of the others being responsible. This is also the second episode where Dr. Eggman didn’t appear, which I actually like since it kind of have a less predictable outcome.

It’s been getting great so far, IMO. Can’t wait for next week’s episode.

Edited by Omega Pipe
fixing the text
  • Thumbs Up 3

I loved this episode. Knuckles retelling of how Tails workshop burnt down was freaking amazing, and by far my favorite part of the episode, along with "GUYS, WAIT FOR ME!"

I also loved Sonic's retelling of the whole thing, and Amy's retelling were pretty entertaining as well.

I'm actually glad Eggman wasn't in this one. Him not appearing in every episode, and having Sonic and friends deal with something else, keeps things from getting stale, imo.

So yeah, another great episode. Next week's with Metal Sonic should be awesome. :)

• Thumbs Up 1