Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

Whoa, they're going to be reinventing Sonic? You mean like they've been doing every single game for the past decade and a half?

The only surprise that could possibly come with any sort of re-imagining of the Sonic brand is if the changes actually stuck for more than one game.

That's when the cocktails start, anyway tongue.png

The last time Sega issued Sonic themed cocktails... this is what they decided to serve.

BP3rkxWCMAABljf.jpg

Chili-dog infused vodka, with a chili pepper rim, and a hotdog chunk floating in it. No party should be with one.

... Why SEGA?  What made you think a chilli-dog vodka cocktail would be a good idea.  I do apologies for my language. but it looks like s***.

The last time Sega issued Sonic themed cocktails... this is what they decided to serve.

BP3rkxWCMAABljf.jpg

Chili-dog infused vodka, with a chili pepper rim, and a hotdog chunk floating in it. No party should be with one.

Wait, are you fucking serious?

Oh my god, SEGA you assclowns...

BP3rkxWCMAABljf.jpg

Still looks more appealing than Buffles the Echidna :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I think SEGA needs a break with sonic so that they can take their time with their games and the final product will be great. I mean c'mon we've had a new sonic game since 2005

2005-shadow the hedgehog

2006- sonic the hedgehog

2007- secret rings

2008- unleashed

2009- black knight

2010- sonic 4: episode 1, colors

2011: generations

2012: sonic 4: episode 2 and episode metal

2013: lost world

I think SEGA needs a break with sonic so that they can take their time with their games and the final product will be great. I mean c'mon we've had a new sonic game since 2005

2005-shadow the hedgehog

2006- sonic the hedgehog

2007- secret rings

2008- unleashed

2009- black knight

2010- sonic 4: episode 1, colors

2011: generations

2012: sonic 4: episode 2 and episode metal

2013: lost world

From what I understand it's been two separate teams, who have each been releasing games in alternating years.

Similar to Call Of Duty's IW and Treyarch...

Not to mention that Secret Rings, Black Knight and Sonic 4 were sort of spin of games and not part of the main series.  Though mind you I don't think you can call it main series since gameplay wise has been changing in nearly every game.

Not to mention that Secret Rings, Black Knight and Sonic 4 were sort of spin of games and not part of the main series.  Though mind you I don't think you can call it main series since gameplay wise has been changing in nearly every game.

Canon wise though, they are in the main series. Secret Rings got referenced in Generation which makes BK canon and S4? Well, it's kinda obvious

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess but in terms of gameplay (which is why I am still questioning what I am saying) wise they are very different to Shadow, 06, Unleashed, Colours and Generations.

Are you serious

Is that real!?

Those were the delightful drinks served at the comic con thing they held. Remember how they said they would have a selection of Sonic themed drinks for 21+? 

You're looking at it.

I can't be the only who will find it weird that. if Sonic does get a re-design, that they would still use "Modern Sonic" in Smash Bros. Perhaps that hints at any new designs being kept separate? At least for the time being.

In about half an hour, things are about to go down.

I haven't been this anxious since the Project Needlemouse reveal and the initial teaser for Sonic Generations. 

Only this time, it's balanced out with extreme dread. I just hope everything turns out for the best in the long run. But man, my hopes aren't high. Buffles the Enchilaffa will surely make my day, either way.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is so wrong

That is so fucking wrong

What the flying fuck made them think that was a good idea?

1: Are you talking about the cocktail or Muscles the echidna?

2: Don't worry theres only 1 game left in this exclusive nintendo deal.

3: Sonic 4 is over now, it's ok!

PLAY ME OFF PAUL!

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know why they didn't bother to do something like this instead in addition to serving actual chili dogs:

01sonic.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Cocktails...swap Cock and Tails around. There you go. Official Sonic pr0no confirmed.

... NO!

• Thumbs Up 2

From what I understand it's been two separate teams, who have each been releasing games in alternating years.

Similar to Call Of Duty's IW and Treyarch...

I see but how long do they have to polish everything?

The storybook games are as much of a spinoff as the handheld games and tgey get promoted as if they are the next sonic game and as PSI said they are canon. Sonic 4 no it's a direct sequel to sonic 3 and knuckles and tie into sonic CD

I don't know why they didn't bother to do something like this instead in addition to serving actual chili dogs:

01sonic.jpg

See not that is a cocktail for Sonic.  Ok it is more of a shot but at leas it looks tasty.

Oh god that cocktail. Doesn't even sound remotely delicious.

We're but minutes away from what could very well be one of the biggest days in Sonic history.

My thoughts: if SEGA's eager to spread the news, I can't help but imagine they might allow cameras. Which means we could very well see stuff being Tweeted ahead of the 3 PM EST end time.

Though at the same time I'm sure SEGA will be monitoring social media like hawks so that wouldn't be a good idea on anyone's part.

Guess we'll have to wait 3 hours after all!

Only thirty minutes left...

Also, I just noticed something on the poster...

52f350accd4bc0.jpg

Sonic's eyebrows are flat, and they trail off his head rather than arc around with it.

[evil voice] His signature eyes are being changed. [/evil voice]