Awoo.

2014 is The Year Of Sonic "& Sports tape" *see post 1*

Badnik Mechanic

0bthUyZ.png

Bfz6rfDIYAAL_J2.jpg

boomcast.png

+ Game trailer.

+ Toy partnership.

Ok, in the Sega 2014 topic, myself and shadzter became aware that a huge number of Sega employees including the entire community team, several producers and the marketing manager were on their way to New York City, several tweets indicated it was a Sega related work trip.

Well... look what Machinima just posted!

year_of_sonic_by_sweecrue-d75951w.png

Oh my god... The Sonic Boom image... and the words 'plans for the brand.' 

Lets try to remain calm now...

*sees Buffles*

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER

I swear, Buffles the Enchilaffa's bastardized design had better not be tainting the games. I'm going to snap if it does. 

JEEZ, MAN.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm sure it'll be fine... Luigi had a year and look how well that turned out *twitch*

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm sure it'll be fine... Luigi had a year and look how well that turned out *twitch*

New sonic U

Dr sonic

Mario and sonic RPG

3D mario game with sonic in it Id buy them

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't help but feel this wouldn't have happened at all if not for "The Year of Luigi" being a thing.. what makes this year so special for Sonic? Is Sonic Boom really going to reboot the whole brand? And why are they so confident it'll work if the last game they were confident in turned out to be widely criticised and sold poorly?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z

• Thumbs Up 6

Here is another thought, perhaps that third exclusive on nintendo is going to be MUCH MUCH Bigger than we had previously thought

• Thumbs Up 1

On a seriousness note I'm going to remain neutral till I see something I don't want to get high expectations and be disappointed

I don't want to see Knuckles the beefylada! Please, Sega, please don't make them look like *gulp* THAT.....

I hope their plans are good ones! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit embargo ends tomorrow!?

It really IS happening.gif

I can't remain calm, I wasn't prepared

I noticed the embargo notice as well, and it's certainly made a little bit excited at the possibility that we might see the finished Sonic Boom designs.

>information and ARTWORK

Well that seems to imply that we ARE indeed finally going to get a glimpse at the redesigns...

yaaaaay.

I have a sneaking suspicion somehow it's going to be pretty Sonic Boom based. They'll likely show off designs and footage, and a teaser of that feature film if it really is a feature film. After that, I'm guessing some teasers of the third title.

So all in all, probably a lot of teasing and promises. The question is if they'll live up to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll actually be okay with Sonic having multiple smaller quills. Heck, I'd even be willing to stretch to saying that I'd welcome the speculated bodywarmer. It's Buffles I'm worried about...

• Thumbs Up 1

Was just going to point out the embargo note at the top, but Hogfather's just beaten me to it. So it looks like we'll definitely see the news released to the public either during or after the event.