Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Why are people actually disappointed this isn't exclusive?

Like... seriously. What is there to gain exactly?

• Thumbs Up 1

We can safely assume that a multi-platform game for 2015 is in the works, but as SEGA won't confirm this until probably late spring 2015 when they usually announce a game (or when it's leaked....), all we can do is speculate with fuck all information. So it's probably best to forget about a 2015 game for now, and focus on what games we will get in 2014. It does feel like 2014 could be a barren year, at least in terms of games. Hope I'm wrong.

What's not exclusive? The 2015 game? I've no disappointment over that.

Soooo...good thing I didn't hype this then.

I just want more news on the next Nintendo exclusive game already! There must be another Nintendo Direct this month.

• Thumbs Up 6

Soooo...good thing I didn't hype this then.

I just want more news on the next Nintendo exclusive game already! There must be another Nintendo Direct this month.

Its not like its not true Gabz, so we can still hype this. just that we probably won't hear squat about it until the later end of this year so theirs no point.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if by "incorrect" SEGA was referring to Lost World being under 2014, the mis-spellings, the negligence of other titles they have planned and several other incorrect tidbits, thus making the chart incorrect. Notice, they didn't say EVERYTHING on the chart was incorrect.

Now if only they'd leak convention news too I'd be happy SEGA's planning bucket has a ton of holes in the bottom.

Hogfather's post makes me not sure whether to laugh or cry. I had thought maybe Jazwares was at fault but... it sounds like SEGA has, surprise surprise, not kept a tight enough leash on its employees.

This at least makes me more hopeful for this year; they're clearly up to a lot of stuff and so leaks are inevitable. Last year SEGA seemed to not really know what it was doing, which was probably the only reason stuff wasn't leaked sooner.

I may get my Sonic Boom '14 announcement relatively soon yet!

So Mando was right all along that the information may be incorrect?

I surely hope this hasn't made people with a PS4/Xbox One disappointed if the title ends up being exclusive.

Doubtful this title would be exclusive, since SEGA's pretty good at making sure Sonic has a new game out every year. So we'll get the third game this year in all likelihood, and the 2015 game would be multi-platform.

I mean, SEGA COULD surprise us by laying off Sonic for a year but... I wouldn't count on it.

That being said, I find it REALLY weird that SEGA would even make a sign with a 2015 game on it without even announcing the 2014 game yet. I think there was a serious lack of competence on whoever made the sign.

• Thumbs Up 2

It more sounds like people are wondering where the third exclusive game went. I for one am also wondering but if this is a multi-plat, then I'm fine with that.

It more sounds like people are wondering where the third exclusive game went.

Yeah, it's really weird this would come from SEGA and mention a 2015 game... which could be remotely believable on its own, but the fact it's multiplat just adds to the confusion.

But hey, do we really want SEGA to keep a tight leash on their employees? They drop so many delicious crumbs for us to scoop up with how readily they trust people with information...

I guess what we should be anticipating news on the third exclusive Sonic game soon, followed by the multiplatform title coming in 2015. In the meantime we could worry hype for Sonic Boom and it's movie god help me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, I think signs point to the 2015 game being from SUMO.

First reason is that there's still a Ninty-exclusive to be released, and I doubt that's going to be a pure spin-off -- more likely is that the Unleashed team will get a fair crack at the WiiU, while the Colours team take on more of the work on the 25th anniversary game. Once that 2014 game's made, the two teams can collab on the 25th's title during SUMO's year, avoiding any nasty deadlines that could scupper their work, to release in 2016.

Second reason is that it's multiplat. As I recall, since Unleashed, the only Sonic games that have been on Ninty and off it are the All-stars games. It makes sense that they would continue this strategy and since we're due another SUMO game, it may be right. The only problem with this is the recent release of iOS ASRT -- unless SUMO are expecting it to have a lifespan shorter than a year, the two would clash.

• Thumbs Up 1

They did say this would be a big year for Sonic... they've released main games next to each other before, so it is possible they'll release another big game this year. Then let Sumo handle things in 2015 while a lot of effort is put towards the 2016 title. It breaks the two year cycle but would make sense if they actually want to make sure they have something good for the 25th.

I kind of highly doubt that the multiplatform game is to be a Sega All-Stars / SUMO-made game. To keep the mainstream titles on one console while releasing his spinoffs on everything else sounds sorta dumb.

Plus, wasn't it confirmed somewhere before that sumo was already working on something for the PS4.

To keep the mainstream titles on one console while releasing his spinoffs on everything else sounds sorta dumb.

Isn't that what they've been doing so far though?

Colours - Wii

ASR - 360, PS3, Wii

Generations - 360, PS3

ASRT - 360, PS3, Wii U

All-stars games are the only ones that have been on non-Nintendo and Nintendo. Main games have had at least some form of exclusivity thus far.

Pretty sure SUMO's third ASR game will be out this year rather than 2015-SASASR came out 2010 and ASRT came out 2012.

The point missed there is that Colors and Generations were supposed to be one thing that were cut in half so that Wii didn't miss anything.

PS4 and Xbone also have had no exposure to anything close to a new Sonic so far; to expect them to go without until many years from now is kind of silly. I highly doubt the third exclusive is of enough importance that it's part of the mainstream series; that's two for Wii U and none for the others. Sega's definitely gotta be working on a spinoff exclusive.

to expect them to go without until many years from now is kind of silly..

Please don't put words in my mouth. They don't taste nice. Next year =/= many years from now. On top of that, I don't think I said that the next exclusive game was going to be a mainstream title -- I said it would be made by the Unleashed team. Dispute that all you want, but don't argue at me against a stance I'm not taking.

Didn't know that about Colours and gens though; thanks for the info. However, that doesn't change the fact that the last non-SUMO game to be on Ninty and off was... Shadow, I believe?

Sorry if I seemed like I was putting words in your mouth. :\

But a game made by the Unleashed team would be a mainstream title since that's what that division is there for, right? They've seemed to make themselves out as the ones behind the "big" games, while the exclusives and spinoffs are made by the smaller divisions of Sonic Team.

What I meant to say was that them not getting a Sonic game until around past 2015 pretty much is "many years from now", considering that would mean PS4 and Xbone users would have to wait a good extra one or two years past 2015 until they get their own game; leaving two mainstream games on Wii U and a massive drought of non-Nintendo Sonic games for a solid 3 or 4 years into their run.

They may have made three Sonic games to be exclusively on Wii U or something, but they're not going to leave the other two companies so much in the dark like they did the gen-before-last with the Gamecube, or at least I don't believe they would.

And if there was a Wii U specific Sonic mainstream title coming in 2014 and a multiplatform Sonic in 2015, then Sega'd have to be rushing everything out super fast. That's asking for three consecutive annual releases, and that wouldn't be good for their quality. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, all these different speculations on what Sonic Team will do, remind me ever so much just how unpredictable SEGA has been lately for better or for worse.

Plus, wasn't it confirmed somewhere before that sumo was already working on something for the PS4.

Most likely LittleBigPlanet as there were rumors being pointed to it.

So spindash.de posted this...

Also ich war wegen dem Schild nochmal kurz auf der Spielwarenmesse und hab direkt nachgefragt. Laut Auskunft von Jazwares sind das offizielle Infos vom Lizenzgeber, d.h. das Sonic-Spiel 2015 für Wii-U, PS4 und Xbox One wird es tatsächlich so geben, Titel steht noch nicht fest (To Be Announced).

Das mit dem CGI-Film konnte mir leider keiner bestätigen. Ich persönlich glaube, dass damit wohl einfach die CGI-Serie gemeint war, aber warten mir mal ab…

Google translation.

So I was asked again just because of the sign briefly at the Toy Fair and hab. According to information from Jazwares are the official info from the licensor, ie, the Sonic game for 2015 Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One, it will actually give such title is not yet clear ( T o B e A nnounced).

That with the CGI film I unfortunately could not confirm. I personally believe that this probably just the CGI series was meant, but wait times from me ...

The sign and all the information on it came from Sega.

https://www.spindash.de/neue-spiel-und-filmabenteuer-fuer-sonic-entdeckt/8409/

I would guess that means this year we'll be getting the next game from the Unleashed/Generations team, which hopefully lives up to those games (or at least half of Unleashed...)

Then in 2015, a new title from Sumo presumably that will be on as many consoles as possible...Sounds about right.

• Thumbs Up 1