Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

^Its better than having another butchered version ala-UnWiished by incompetent side-teams like Dimps. The Hedgehog Engine already looks beautiful on current gen hardware, even FFXV on the PS4 looks like fine-whine despite it's engine utilizing a customized Crystal Tools hybrid that was engineered for 7th gen hardware.

I think the Wii U version will be fine... as long as they don't try to shoe-horn in useless Gamepad-based gimmicks. Unless it's a bonus game, I don't want to tilt or waggle things in a mainstream Sonic game.

I think Sega learned their lesson after patching Wisp controls in SLW.

The thing is, if they do that then the game will not look as pretty on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Re-read what I said, please. The additions to said versions would be to pretty it up. "Adding more polygons, more detailed textures, etc."

Yeah, people are totally underestimating the power of the WII U

What else is new?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, people are totally underestimating the power of the WII U

This is said a lot these days.

Still not entirely sure what it means...

I do not believe the experience will be that different.

There should be no differences in how the game functions. Only differences will likely be graphical, unless of course SEGA shunts in arbitrary Wii U gamepad usage in there out of obligation.

What it means is that just because the Wii was so inferior graphically to the other consoles

people think the Wii U is just as far behind.
While in many ways the Wii U is technically inferior, I really believe that the fact that it can run games at 1080 HD alone is enough for it to be FAR less obvious than it was with the wii.

The wii u can produce graphics like this...

Does the next Sonic game really need to be any better looking for any console?
  • Thumbs Up 1

What it means is that just because the Wii was so inferior graphically to the other consoles

people think the Wii U is just as far behind.

While in many ways the Wii U is technically inferior, I really believe that the fact that it can run games at 1080 HD alone is enough for it to be FAR less obvious than it was with the wii.

The wii u can produce graphics like this...

Does the next Sonic game really need to be any better looking for any console?

oh dont gorget, thats the FIRST trailer, the second was even more impressive, and this game is a JRPG, which is much more complex an organism than a platformer

Does require som effort and optimations though

• Thumbs Up 2

The wii u is a next gen system and it can do some nice things. But people really have got to stop trying to say it can do the same things the ps4 or one can. It is just not going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

really guys

are we really doing this

Sonic games aren't Crysis. It's not going to take a shit load of power to run.

Wii U, PS4, and Xbone are nowhere near similar levels of tech, but they aren't as wide of a gap as the last generation was.

This right here. Shame it still apparently isn't common enough knowledge.

The PS4 isn't available in Brazil? What about Wii U and Xbox One?

The PS4 and Wii U are available in Brazil as far as I know, but that's not the issue. The issue with Brazil is that the hardware and game prices are beyond the point of ridiculous. It's why console modding and piracy is so common there. If not that, it's PC gaming.

Not to be rude Discoid, but I think a lot of us were already aware of those specs.

Not to be rude Discoid, but I think a lot of us were already aware of those specs.

I'm impressed at how fast you read my post. tongue.png

It's merely informative. For those interested.

I'm impressed at how fast you read my post. tongue.png

Helps that I've already seen and heard such a bazillion times what with the merry-go-round Wii U discussions.

Bottom-line, we get the point; it's easier for you to fathom the Wii U getting a gimped Sonic game, because "ALL hail to the goddamn specs".

Lovely post Discoid~ there was a lot of those specific things that I personally didn't know so it was a great read for me. 

If they really want to make a similar experience across all platforms its looking like they'll have to develop it primarily for Wii U and then for PS4 and Xbone go the extra mile to take advantage of the extra power they can provide. I'm guessing it'll all go towards fasting loading and texture/graphic quality anyhow. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Bottomline,we get the point; it's easier for you to fathom the Wii U getting a gimped Sonic game.

That's not the point at all... I completely avoided talking about what I personally hope for and want them to do with the game for the sole purpose of making the post as objective and informative as possible.

Did you even read what I said?

Lovely post Discoid~ there was a lot of those specific things that I personally didn't know so it was a great read for me. 

If they really want to make a similar experience across all platforms its looking like they'll have to develop it primarily for Wii U and then for PS4 and Xbone go the extra mile to take advantage of the extra power they can provide. I'm guessing it'll all go towards fasting loading and texture/graphic quality anyhow.

Thank you! I'm happy to help. 

And yes, that's absolutely correct. Tomb Raider is actually quite a fantastic example of how far they can go with that, as the game's performance on Wii U would probably be very similar to that of the PS3 and 360. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's not the point at all... I completely avoided talking about what I personally hope for and want them to do with the game for the sole purpose of making the post as objective and informative as possible.

Then what was the point?

My gaming PC has:

Radeon 7770 (junk)

Athlon X4 750k (so awful that it probably bottlenecks a fucking 7770)

4GB DDR3 (awful)

A75 chipset (are you joking)

It runs Sonic Generations flawlessly with everything ay max at 1920 x 1080

The Wii U's GPU is a modified Radon 5000 series GPU, which is about similar strength.

The usage of RAM for Generations isn't much different either

Unless Sonic team plans on taking the realism to fucking asinine and style clashing extremes, which I doubt they can even get a budget that big, whatever specs the PS4 and Xbone have aren't going to mean a goddamn thing for Sonic.

Litterally the only thing that might be a hinderance is the CPU, and even then Sonic games don't utilize many cores and the clock speed of of the processors aren't too different disregarding boost clock.

It's really not a big of a deal how oh so weak the Wii U is, because the games most likely aren't going to progress visually any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 8

I find it unlikely that they'll do anything other than up port the Wii U version. Unless goddamn Dimps rears its ugly head again. I mean, they're not going to budget a Sonic game in such a way that they can make it use the power of the PS4 and Xbone like FF XV, this is SEGA we're talking about here.

(Their latest Arcade Board's GPU is a 545 GTX for Christ's sake)

I kinda doubt that Sonic Team is gonna go crazy on the graphics for the next game. It'll look nice, but it probably won't look much better than SLW.

My gaming PC has:

Radeon 7770 (junk)

Athlon X4 750k (so awful that it probably bottlenecks a fucking 7770)

4GB DDR3 (awful)

A75 chipset (are you joking)

It runs Sonic Generations flawlessly with everything ay max at 1920 x 1080

The Wii U's GPU is a modified Radon 5000 series GPU, which is about similar strength.

The usage of RAM for Generations isn't much different either

Unless Sonic team plans on taking the realism to fucking asinine and style clashing extremes, which I doubt they can even get a budget that big, whatever specs the PS4 and Xbone have aren't going to mean a goddamn thing for Sonic.

Litterally the only thing that might be a hinderance is the CPU, and even then Sonic games don't utilize many cores and the clock speed of of the processors aren't too different disregarding boost clock.

It's really not a big of a deal how oh so weak the Wii U is, because the games most likely aren't going to progress visually any time soon.

To be fair, Sonic Team were very ambitious with Unleashed back in 2008. Sonic Generations is a game that runs on very old hardware and it's completely up to them whether or not the next game will utilize the new consoles' technology, as I said in my post.

Personally, I hope they do, but I'd also be satisfied with something akin 1080p/60fps Generations on the PS4 and XB1. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Another thing, the difference from 45 FPS to 60FPS isn;t that noticeable. In the offchance that the Wii U really does hinder performance of the game, they could just drop the framrate a bit and nothing would change.

I think you're hoping a bit too much, the budget to fully use the PS4/Xbone to their fullest, and then produce an entirely different Wii U version due to that, is pretty much the opposite of how SEGA operates,