Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Wow, guys. Kellie, one of the admins at sega forums is saying that this whole story is incorrect information. http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?506410-Sonic-game-announced-for-2015-(Wii-U-PS4-Xbox-One)&p=8504554&viewfull=1#post8504554 I dunno if it's already known.

FINALLY a comment! :D

So back to square one then? Back on track as we expected?

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, personally.  It sounds more like this was information we weren't meant to know and which Sega isn't ready to announce.  Denying things which are true but aren't yet official seems to be par for the course in video games publicity.  This is probably partly because details are as yet subject to change, so any of them could end up being incorrect and they don't want consumers to make errors based on incomplete information.  Notice how there's no specification as to which information is incorrect - are we to take it that Sonic Lost World being on Wii U and 3DS is incorrect information, for example?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, personally.  It sounds more like this was information we weren't meant to know and which Sega isn't ready to announce.  Denying things which are true but aren't yet official seems to be par for the course in video games publicity.  This is probably partly because details are as yet subject to change, so any of them could end up being incorrect and they don't want consumers to make errors based on incomplete information.  Notice how there's no specification as to which information is incorrect - are we to take it that Sonic Lost World being on Wii U and 3DS is incorrect information, for example?

She specifically singled out the info regarding the upcoming videogames as well as Sonic Boom.

Then again, I can't think of any time Sega's PR (attempted to) debunk(ed) something that at the end of the day turned out to be false...Sonic 4 prominently comes to mind in this case...

So yeah, I'm now inclined to believe it's real. :/

So Sega, how about that third Wii U/Nintendo exclusive Sonic game and Lost World's LoZ DLC?

Lol, if she said everything on that poster is incorrect, then I guess the new cartoon Sonic Boom is 'incorrect' and what we seen from Sega was a fake. 

EDIT: "Sega has yet to announce"... I stopped right there. It's leaked information and she is doing her job to twist things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Joining the "most disappointing Hedgehog Day ever" crowd over at SEGA forums. For 4 years they've had at least something and this year... we get Tails' Tips which are completely useless, and mention of a game that's existence is questionable.

"Sega has yet to announce"... I stopped right there. It's leaked information and she is doing her job to twist things.

In all likelihood. Someone over in Germany must have gotten the wrong idea that this was okay to mention... surprise, it's not.

Given the misspellings in areas I don't think the guy responsible for the sign was exactly much of a professional. Someone may be facing some serious disciplinary action.

Let's be frank here. With the way SEGA releases games, there's no way they are developed one after the other. Whatever the 2014 game is, the 2015 game is also very likely at least somewhat developed, if just the beginning. Jazwares was probably already working out toy deals with them and the like for it... and this happened.

We've seen how many times stuff has been leaked only for SEGA to pull it and deny it. I think this time around there won't be confirmation a few days later just because we don't even know what we're getting this year yet.

If nothing else it might incentivise them to announce the 2015 game earlier than planned now that the cat's out of the bag.

SEGA are officially saying it's incorrect, but that could just be damage control for something that was obviously not supposed to be revealed yet.

SEGA are officially saying it's incorrect, but that could just be damage control for something that was obviously not supposed to be revealed yet.

Pretty sure it's the latter. They've done this so many times before they've destroyed a lot of their credibility.

It's not as if this is a ludicrous rumor either for the reasons I gave; a 2015 game is most certainly already being made, no matter how barebones it might be, and the prospects of the Nintendo deal are so dim it would make perfect sense they're not renewing it in 2015.

Well at least we can be certain now that we're getting that third exclusive. Thank god.

• Thumbs Up 7

We would have gotten it anyway. In business, honor is important. Not because it's a means unto itself, but because you can get sued if you violate a contract, which I'm sure Nintendo was sure to ink on the subject.

I've mentioned "cancellation" a few times of the deal, but what I really meant was non-renewal. If anyone else has made a similar error, I imagine that was likewise what they meant.

To be honest, even if Lost World had sold better than it did, I was never expecting that SEGA would re-new the contract.

I will say though that my interest was piqued by Advisor's theory but that's often a given with him anyway.

Oh, very likely. SEGA was missing out on a sizable market on other consoles - even if Nintendo is the largest I sincerely doubt it's the majority, or SEGA would have stopped being multiplatform a long time ago. SEGA just likely was short on change, Nintendo offered a big bag of money to get some more strength to its exclusive lineup, and that was that.

Had the games sold well, SEGA would have gained financial independence anyway and would have no reason to stick with them.

Smells like coverup to avoid a leak, like hell I'm gonna believe anything that Kellie person will say. I see this kind of crap from 343 industries all the time, so I can tell the difference between incorrect information and a "Oh shit you wern't supposed to see that yet!" type of post.

Smells like coverup to avoid a leak, like hell I'm gonna believe anything that Kellie person will say. I see this kind of crap from 343 industries all the time, so I can tell the difference between incorrect information and a "Oh shit you wern't supposed to see that yet!" type of post.

I don't blame you for thinking like that. For starters this info was leaked on Saturday and they are just saying this now

It's gotta be damage control. There's no reason why there would be a toy fair that tells off false information about future Sonic stuff, especially if they're funded by Sega themselves. That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Still, I wonder why Jazewares would have access to this info in the first place.

Heh, you guys, just had a thought, what if the reason for the exclusivity deal was not just because nintendo normaly sells well, but rather to prevent another 06 from happening by being stuck developing for 3 new consoles? I imagine if they had developed lost world for all consoles, the additional development could have caused a lot more troubles

So does that mean we can expect toys from Lost World and the Mario & Sonic series too?

It's obviously real info, don't see why it would be fake. SEGA must have ordered Kellie and Aaron to cover it up as the information was probably prematurely announced. You know, Nintendo sales getting affected and whatnot.

I don't blame you for thinking like that. For starters this info was leaked on Saturday and they are just saying this now

Notice how its worded, They only said that nothing has been "announced." The wording is purposely vague. That's the only reason cited for the poster being incorrect, not the content itself being wrong.

Man I would love to see a PR ethics class, they have soo many layers to their sentences that it must take a college-level course to word things properly.

The recent information coming out of Nuremburg Toy Fair was incorrect. SEGA has yet to announce details of upcoming console video games for Sonic the Hedgehog, or further details regarding the new Sonic CG TV series.

For official and up-to-date information on Sonic, be sure to look at our website, Facebook, and Twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9U_C_q6WcU

Sorry Sega... I don't believe you... Why not? Because the unannounced information your claiming isn't right regarding the cartoon IS in fact correct. 

You know that line about the movie? Well, it turns out that is indeed happening... but not in the way you think. Based on a comment by TSS' own Jason, this is what it's in reference too.

I’m going to disappoint everyone and say that due to information I got from a recent interview I did for Sonic Talk that it’s more than likely NOT a major movie release, but a direct to video DVD movie based off Sonic Boom. Possibly several episodes tied together.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-the-first-cg-animated-film-in-the-sonic-franchise/#comment-216411

So I'll be waiting for that podcast to know for certain, but based on that comment. That sign is correct.

Also, had that sign been made by Jazwares, odds are they would not have slapped PS4 and Xbox One on the box, they would have either picked Wii U since that would have been in the press release which is still the correct line, or most likely would have included or have only been PS3 and Xbox 360 since in the mainstream mindset, those consoles are still the kings.

Furthermore, don't forget that Jazwares more or less announced at this thing that they're not making Sonic toys anymore, so what the hell are they doing promoting post 2014 material... in fact what are they doing with post 2014 information considering they have no right or need to have that since they've hinted they won't be continuing the Sonic line.

So how did the line about the movie get on there when it was previously unknown? 

Answer, sign came from Sega.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well I'm glad that they didn't abandon the Wii U, since I don't wanna be buying a PS4 just for it.  Although it kinda sucks if SEGA just outright dropped the third exclusive (that seems to be the case here) Unless that third title hasn't been revealed yet. Still can't wait for more info. 

Wait so the movie is about Sonic Boom? Urgh.. That 8-11 year-old target audience makes me think this cartoon/movie's humor will be reduced to potty jokes and the like. Why can't we get our normal Sonic show, with the same kind of script we see in opening sequences and such. While remaining canon? Is it really too much to ask?  Just seeing Sonic and his usual friends (not much focus in made-up human characters) going through the Sonic games story would be nice, from Sonic Adventure to Lost World. There's enough material there to work on.

Oh well, I'll just wait and judge it fully when it comes out.