Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm confused and I'm pretty sure it's been cleared up in past pages so forgive me for asking;

2015 isn't Sonic Boom, is it? Boom is coming out 2014. So this is a thing yet to be announced?

Right you are! Sonic Boom is the third Nintendo exclusive!

CryEngine 3 is very old, and also compatible with PS3/360. It won't run at 60fps either. Too intensive.

We don't know that yet. After all, on the Wii U it has a shot with 60fps.

Wait... Final? Wasn't it revealed to only be the Second Exclusive?

They made a mistake -- it was later corrected to actually be the third Exclusive.

Wait... Final? Wasn't it revealed to only be the Second Exclusive?

Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Sonic Boom. That's the three Nintendo exclusive games.

Let's hope at least this last one can get a decent critical reception... :lol:

2014 = Boom

2015 = multi format title which SOJ is working on that we're not supposed to know about despite Iizuka hinting it exists.

• Thumbs Up 1

2014 = Boom

2015 = multi format title which SOJ is working on that we're not supposed to know about despite Iizuka hinting it exists.

After Oglivie mentioned it though I have been wondering... what about the 25th anniversary? If the 2015 game really is this big huge game they've been working on since Gens, then wouldn't that be a bit of a waste?

2015 is probably a SUMO Digital game.

Bingo.

Sumo usually releases games in two-year intervals but it looks like they skipped this year so as to allow room for Boom to shine, not to mention avoiding fighting with Mario Kart for racers' money.

A new All Stars is practically guaranteed; there's no reason SEGA would stop making All Stars given how fantastic it's done in terms of reviews and sales.

My only question is if it will be a new racer, or something else entirely. I'd like if they made a fighting game as hinted at Boom 2012, but I think it'll be another racer because it's been proven that works, and Mario Kart is a testament that you can make regular releases of a racer and have it fare well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mario makes it into the Wii U version this time around in light of the (by now) cancelled partnership and Steve Lycette's remarks. Originally Mario wasn't included as a character in one of the games (I forget if it was the first or second racer) because they had decided crossovers were best kept to the Olympics, but who knows?

I dunno, I don't think it'll be a racer, things like mario kart are generally a once per generation deal, not every two years, it gives it enough time for people to want it but it also isn't too soon so that it feels to soon after the next game. I can't imagine another racing game doing all that well. Transformed was good because it added new mechanics and improved upon the original in pretty much every way but there isn't a lot more to add, mechanics wise, to a racing game I don't think (I could be wrong) and they can't really do zero gravity racing as that is now MK8's gimmick.

Bingo.

Sumo usually releases games in two-year intervals but it looks like they skipped this year so as to allow room for Boom to shine, not to mention avoiding fighting with Mario Kart for racers' money.

A new All Stars is practically guaranteed; there's no reason SEGA would stop making All Stars given how fantastic it's done in terms of reviews and sales.

My only question is if it will be a new racer, or something else entirely. I'd like if they made a fighting game as hinted at Boom 2012, but I think it'll be another racer because it's been proven that works, and Mario Kart is a testament that you can make regular releases of a racer and have it fare well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mario makes it into the Wii U version this time around in light of the (by now) cancelled partnership and Steve Lycette's remarks. Originally Mario wasn't included as a character in one of the games (I forget if it was the first or second racer) because they had decided crossovers were best kept to the Olympics, but who knows?

I think it might be a fighting game; with Dimps not working on the handheld version of Sonic Boom, Sumo now could get help from a team that is very skilled with fighters (the Street Fighter and Dragon Ball games notably) to make either a MvC type fighter or a Smash Bros one.

A racing game is more realistic, as there are things that could continue to be improved upon; the water sections having tighter controls, the flying sections being even deeper (an "all range mode" type thing ala Star Fox could be great for a special mission), more streamlined way of progression, more Sega themed tracks, a MUCH better character roster, and post console support (it really bite missing out on the cool Sega PC racers and the Ryo DLC :(). The game could even run at 60FPS with the PS4/X1 being quite powerful biggrin.png!

I still not convinced that the 2015 title will be a SUMO title.

That means there will be no Sonic Team title for THREE years which is unheard of in this day and age since Heroes.

Just because the first two SUMO titles have a 2 year internal between each other doesn't mean it's guaranteed that the 2015 title is SUMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does it matter that it's unheard of? We're also getting a brand new team working on Sonic games for the first time, why not give the games a bit more time?

Maybe because, with the founding of Boom as a western arm of the franchise, Sonic Team has been vastly downscaled as they no longer need to make nearly so many games to fill the release schedule.  Alternatively, since Boom won't be coming to Japan, maybe Sonic Team's next game won't be coming to the west...

Maybe because, with the founding of Boom as a western arm of the franchise, Sonic Team has been vastly downscaled as they no longer need to make nearly so many games to fill the release schedule.  Alternatively, since Boom won't be coming to Japan, maybe Sonic Team's next game won't be coming to the west...

You don't seriously believe this, do you?

A Sonic game exclusive to Japan, the East. Pfft. Yeah, that'll go well in a different dimension maybe.dry.png

Nah, Sega wouldn't be stupid enough to essentially make it DOA like that.

You don't seriously believe this, do you?

Nah.  Interesting to think that Japan might be getting considerably fewer Sonic games than the west from now on, though.  It could be win-win for western Sonic fans if Sonic Team now has time to focus on quality rather than quantity, and that might work out well for Sonic's Japanese sales too even if there aren't as many games to buy over there - or it could backfire and the series will lose what little momentum it had in Japan in the first place...

It could be win-win for western Sonic fans if Sonic Team now has time to focus on quality rather than quantity, and that might work out well for Sonic's Japanese sales too even if there aren't as many games to buy over there.

Bingo. That's the idea.happy.png

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the 2015 title will be a Sumo one.. I suppose it makes sense, since inevitably they'll want the 2016 title to be an Anniversary title, but..?

A 3-year dev cycle sounds almost too good. :P And yet if Sonic Team releases a game next year, they won't have time to bring out an Anniversary game without making it... making it...

rushed...

UNFINISHED...!

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

(so yeah I hope next year's title is a Sumo game, because a 25th Anniv game is inevitable and I don't want ST to rush it)

Why wouldn't Sonic Teams game not come to the west; the main cannon isn't scraped yet, so why would they flat out not make another Sonic game? Its not like the series does great in Japan and the fact that Sonic Team is in full support of Boom (helping out BRB with what they can/can not do) all shows that things will remain the same, its just that ST game will take some more time to make (to be fully compelete games...and not rushed).

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the 2015 title will be a Sumo one.. I suppose it makes sense, since inevitably they'll want the 2016 title to be an Anniversary title, but..?

A 3-year dev cycle sounds almost too good. tongue.png And yet if Sonic Team releases a game next year, they won't have time to bring out an Anniversary game without making it... making it...

rushed...

UNFINISHED...!

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

(so yeah I hope next year's title is a Sumo game, because a 25th Anniv game is inevitable and I don't want ST to rush it)

I don't think the Sonic Team of now doesn't want one of those again :). I think that if we are getting a Sonic Team tittle next year, it will be the Generations team, as they have been working on a game since 2011 (about....3-4 years?) and with the next generation in full gear with the PS4/X1, I imagine Sega wants a game to take advantage of the hardware soon. The anniversary game could be developed by the Colors team (with some help from BRB or Dimps?) I guess, but I agree with you they really can't afford to have the next ST Sonic rushed with BRB's Sonic looking quite impressive as is.

I still not convinced that the 2015 title will be a SUMO title.

That means there will be no Sonic Team title for THREE years which is unheard of in this day and age since Heroes.

Just because the first two SUMO titles have a 2 year internal between each other doesn't mean it's guaranteed that the 2015 title is SUMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be saying this as well, but the question of what they'll do on the anniversary makes me hesitant.

2008 - Sonic Unleashed (Sonic Team A)

2009 - Sonic and the Black Knight (Sonic Team B)

2010 - Sonic Colors/Sonic 4 (Sonic Team B/Dimps)

2011 - Sonic Generations (Sonic Team A)

2012 - Sonic ASRT/Sonic 4 (Sumo/Dimps)

2013 - Sonic Lost World (Sonic Team B)

2014 - Sonic Boom (BRB)

2015 - Sumo? Dimps? Sonic Team B?

2016 - Sonic Team A?

Boom's already broken the established pattern anyway. Maybe in 2015 we're going to get another filler game while Sonic Team A continues working on the anniversary title. Considering how secretive they've been about it and some of the rumors, I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get SA3 in 2016.

Regardless of what it is, though, it should be big. Maybe they'll just release it in late 2015 and just call it close enough to 2016? :P

I'd be saying this as well, but the question of what they'll do on the anniversary makes me hesitant.

2008 - Sonic Unleashed (Sonic Team A)

2009 - Sonic and the Black Knight (Sonic Team cool.png

2010 - Sonic Colors/Sonic 4 (Sonic Team B/Dimps)

2011 - Sonic Generations (Sonic Team A)

2012 - Sonic ASRT/Sonic 4 (Sumo/Dimps)

2013 - Sonic Lost World (Sonic Team cool.png

2014 - Sonic Boom (BRB)

2015 - Sumo? Dimps? Sonic Team B?

2016 - Sonic Team A?

Boom's already broken the established pattern anyway. Maybe in 2015 we're going to get another filler game while Sonic Team A continues working on the anniversary title. Considering how secretive they've been about it and some of the rumors, I actually wouldn't be surprised if we get SA3 in 2016.

Regardless of what it is, though, it should be big. Maybe they'll just release it in late 2015 and just call it close enough to 2016? tongue.png

I really think that next year their next game will be out; Generation released almost 4 years ago and with the pressure from Lost World lukewarm reception AND BRB making a Sonic game, I have no doubt that they want to prove people  and tell them "hay, remember Sonic Generations? Think that's the best we can do? Well, we can do better and here it is!"

Besides, I think we are getting another Boost game from them (to contrast Sonic Boom's more open nature) and with the reported ease of the PS4 hardware, I would be shocked if they aren't having a smooth development here. Maybe they will unveil the game at this E3? Maybe make it exclusive to a platform ala the Nintendo 3 Game deal to cover the developmental costs (a exclusive Sonic Game for Sony....makes since considering the rumors of Sonic Animated Pictures making a Sonic film and tons of former Sony guys working on Sonic Boom smile.png).