Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Console pricing in Brazil is nothing short of a joke.

Just absolutely ridiculous.

I'm wondering why people are paying so much attention to the apparently MIA Nintendo Exclusive Sonic game....Does it matter that much?

I'm glad at the news that Sonic is returning to multiplatform. At this stage, that's the best place for the franchise to be. 

If there is another Nintendo exclusive Sonic game (be it Wii U, or 3DS.....I have 37 million reasons to bet on the latter), then we'll hear about it eventually.

Console pricing in Brazil is nothing short of a joke.

Just absolutely ridiculous.

I'm wondering why people are paying so much attention to the apparently MIA Nintendo Exclusive Sonic game....Does it matter that much?

I'm glad at the news that Sonic is returning to multiplatform. At this stage, that's the best place for the franchise to be. 

If there is another Nintendo exclusive Sonic game (be it Wii U, or 3DS.....I have 37 million reasons to bet on the latter), then we'll hear about it eventually.

Because a lot of us are nintendo fans, and are really curious about whats coming this year, and I have a wii-u so I hope its going to be on it :P

I know we have almost nothing so far, but are guys placing your bets in what:

-Totaly new game, with new gameplay

-Direct sequel to an existing game (Lost World 2, Colors 2, Adventure 3, Heroes 2, Unleashed 2, or heck, even Sonic 5 or Generations 2)

-Spiritual successor to an existing game (say, create a game using the team based gameplay, but better and more functional)

-Reboot or something that follows the steps of Rayman Origins

-Something totaly unexpected, like a party or racing game

I know we have almost nothing so far, but are guys placing your bets in what:

-Totaly new game, with new gameplay

-Direct sequel to an existing game (Lost World 2, Colors 2, Adventure 3, Heroes 2, Unleashed 2, or heck, even Sonic 5 or Generations 2)

-Spiritual successor to an existing game (say, create a game using the team based gameplay, but better and more functional)

-Reboot or something that follows the steps of Rayman Origins

-Something totaly unexpected, like a party or racing game

Sonic Shuffle 2 anyone? 

• Thumbs Up 4

I think it'll be the next Sumo game. Fighting would be cool.

Ya, a sonic the fighters sequel (perhaps with other allstars as well as unlockable characters) on the wii-u would be awesome!

It would seem rather contrary to create a fighting game and release it in the same year as Super Smash Bros., so despite Steve's teases at Boom 2012, I don't think the next game will be fighting.

However, that idea of a new party game... isn't that bad. Sonic has an answer to Mario Kart, why not an answer to Mario Party as well?

I mean, unless Sonic's in Mario Party SEGA has zero reason to owe Nintendo loyalty on that front. That Transformed was on Wii U shows they're not afraid to compete with Nintendo on their own consoles either.

Overall though, I think Sonic needs more games that people can play as a group. Transformed does this and it sold wonderfully - I don't think it's entirely a coincidence. A Sonic (and SEGA though that's mostly cosmetic from my point of view given 90% of those franchises are dead) fighter and Sonic party game could very possibly work if Transformed's success is any indicator. I'd really like Sumo to take a break from racing and give us something different.

It would seem rather contrary to create a fighting game and release it in the same year as Super Smash Bros., so despite Steve's teases at Boom 2012, I don't think the next game will be fighting.

However, that idea of a new party game... isn't that bad. Sonic has an answer to Mario Kart, why not an answer to Mario Party as well?

I mean, unless Sonic's in Mario Party SEGA has zero reason to owe Nintendo loyalty on that front. That Transformed was on Wii U shows they're not afraid to compete with Nintendo on their own consoles either.

Overall though, I think Sonic needs more games that people can play as a group. Transformed does this and it sold wonderfully - I don't think it's entirely a coincidence. A Sonic (and SEGA though that's mostly cosmetic from my point of view given 90% of those franchises are dead) fighter and Sonic party game could very possibly work if Transformed's success is any indicator. I'd really like Sumo to take a break from racing and give us something different.

I would argue that if it was a virtua fighter style fighting game, and not a brawler like smash, it wouldnt be direct competition

Only on Wii-u and 3DS, I BELIEVE

No wonder why people are so bitter against Nintendo fans, I mean, could you be more selfish, please? I bet you are eating yourself inside that a new game is coming to the PS4/XboxOne, or I am wrong?

On topic, I would love to see Sumo doing a SEGA Smash, I know they have talent enough.

No wonder why people are so bitter against Nintendo fans, I mean, could you be more selfish, please. I bet you are eating yourself inside that a new game is coming to the PS4/XboxOne, or I am wrong?

nope, I dont mind doing it on the other systems, just have hopes, and we are getting a third exclusive, and that would be cool. Just love having other games on the Wii-u, and each new game is great, on the other hand dont mind having it on PC as well, I do modding as a hobby, and more games is good for me

I meant the multi platform 2015 game will be the Sumo game, not the exclusive Nintendo game this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought this game being on all consoles would stop the console warriors thing

The wars never end.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm... I still think the 2015 multiplatform game was originally the third Nintendo exclusive, delayed to provide time to push it out to all consoles and to refine it after Lost World's failure...  However, if that's correct, there's a best-case scenario for the meantime: Maybe, to fill the consequent release schedule gap and to fulfil the apparently contracted three Nintendo-exclusive games, Sega's scrapped a 3DS tie-in for the 2015 game and asked Dimps to put the work towards a new 3DS-exclusive game for 2014?  Dimps has to be working on something, after all, and Nintendo handhelds are their gimmick (I'm not saying it shouldn't be on other consoles, just that it likely wouldn't be).  But there might well be instead - or in addition! - a Sumo multiplatform or timed-Nintendo-exclusive game.

Either way, Sega won't just let 2014 be a dry year for Sonic.

Either way, Sega won't just let 2014 be a dry year for Sonic.

On the other hand i'd love for that to happen to be honest...

Well in anycase until something come from SEGA or Nintendo? we have to wait and see what they have in mind. Personally though i find it kinda interesting and jaw dropping that they would continue the same pattern of Sonic releases. One from the main team, one from a side team and one from other people(Sumo)

Like they now have to develop for 3 HD consoles not 2 and one SD console. if anything i thought it'd be much harder for them and they will need more resourses(i guess?) Like i dont know much about developing and stuff but well it seems weird to me tongue.png

I thought this game being on all consoles would stop the console warriors thing

Has this ever stopped it before

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally a new next gen sonic game for ps4 and xbox one. I have high hopes it will be epic and they tease a trailer soon.

Like they now have to develop for 3 HD consoles not 2 and one SD console. if anything i thought it'd be much harder for them and they will need more resourses(i guess?) Like i dont know much about developing and stuff but well it seems weird to me tongue.png

It will be easier actually. Unlike the Wii, they don't have to make a completely separate game just to cater to the Wii U. The Wii U can run the same version the PS4 and Xbox One will have, albeit it wouldn't be as pretty and MAY suffer some frame rate issues...it will still cost them quite a bit to downgrade it to the Wii U though since porting a game from the PS4 to Xbox One and vice versa is piss easy due to both of them having PC architecture.

It will be easier actually. Unlike the Wii, they don't have to make a completely separate game just to cater to the Wii U. The Wii U can run the same version the PS4 and Xbox One will have, albeit it wouldn't be as pretty and MAY suffer some frame rate issues...it will still cost them quite a bit to downgrade it to the Wii U though since porting a game from the PS4 to Xbox One and vice versa is piss easy due to both of them having PC architecture.

Thanks Krazy. That does make much sense.

In anycase i am excited for the first Sonic game on PS4. Whenever that is...

I would like to imagine that they'll instead make the Wii U version the "primary" version, so when they work on the Xbone and PS4 versions, the developers will be adding content such as more graphic detail, faster processing and higher polygon counts. That way, they're simply taking a smaller game (which would, in theory, already be pretty impressive on the Wii U), and making it run a bit better on a more powerful console as opposed to trying to take a massive game and shoving it onto less capable hardware, stripping planned features and whatnot. Sans whatever gimmicks they might have planned for the Gamepad. I hope there are few, to be honest.

Point being, this would not be comparable to when they made Unleashed for the Wii and PS2. The power gap between the Wii/PS2 and PS3/360 was much greater than the gap between the PS4/X1 and Wii U. I'm not saying there isn't one, but it's nowhere near as massive as some people seem to think it is. I think the Wii U version will be fine... as long as they don't try to shoe-horn in useless Gamepad-based gimmicks. Unless it's a bonus game, I don't want to tilt or waggle things in a mainstream Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 7

I would like to imagine that they'll instead make the Wii U version the "primary" version, so when they work on the Xbone and PS4 versions, the developers will be adding content such as more graphic detail, faster processing and higher polygon counts. That way, they're simply taking a smaller game (which would, in theory, already be pretty impressive on the Wii U), and making it run a bit better on a more powerful console as opposed to trying to take a massive game and shoving it onto less capable hardware, stripping planned features and whatnot. Sans whatever gimmicks they might have planned for the Gamepad. I hope there are few, to be honest.

Point being, this would not be comparable to when they made Unleashed for the Wii and PS2. The power gap between the Wii/PS2 and PS3/360 was much greater than the gap between the PS4/X1 and Wii U. I'm not saying there isn't one, but it's nowhere near as massive as some people seem to think it is. I think the Wii U version will be fine... as long as they don't try to shoe-horn in useless Gamepad-based gimmicks. Unless it's a bonus game, I don't want to tilt or waggle things in a mainstream Sonic game.

The thing is, if they do that then the game will not look as pretty on the PS4 and Xbox One. It's like making a game for a console and then porting it to PC and just add some anti-aliasing, some upscaling with 60fps and call it a day.

Normally, it's more ideal to make a game for the more powerful console (or PC) and make the highest quality textures, highest poly models, etc first instead of the other way around. This is the reason why Sonic Generations looks so nice on PC compared to, lets say, Metal Gear Rising on PC. It was made on PC first before being downscaled for consoles.

• Thumbs Up 1