Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Rightstuff doesn't ship to UK either, I'm screweeeed lmao.

"Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US, Canada, Central America, and South America only. This product cannot be shipped to Japan. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds."

Don't worry you'll be able to get it from ebay resellers who jack the price up by $50....

Man that kinda sucks.

Atleast it's already licensed in the UK. You still have hope of getting the barebones release? 

Now if only if it had actually been presented as an actual opinion, instead of a weaboo statement by the speaker in the first place. Then we wouldn't have had this problem.

If it really is supposed to be presented as such, then it's poor wording on his part.

I don't think someone needs a large neon sign in bright bold letters that says THIS IS AN OPINION to be counted as such man. It's pretty clear he wasn't stating anything as a fact, hell, he even said the dub sounded good to him, so it's not like he was trying to denounce it.

It's pretty clear he wasn't stating anything as a fact, hell, he even said the dub sounded good to him, so it's not like he was trying to denounce it.

No, as Sticks Waffle stated, the wording leaves the context and mood awfully ambiguous.

Besides saying,

Ive learned that Americans can never stand up to the quality and voice ranges Japanese VAs can do.

with the present choice of syntax, implies the opinion to be presented as fact.

And since when was it against the law to contest someone else's opinion anyway?

I don't think someone needs a large neon sign in bright bold letters that says THIS IS AN OPINION to be counted as such man.

No, it certainly doesn't as it's true nature is quite out there and obvious. But it does need sufficient presentation to show the one speaking, themselves, know that it's an opinion and not fact.

...Ignoring the dub/sub wars going on, I'd like to switch subjects to I dunno, the show this thread is about.

I'm really excited about being able to own KLK on bluray, I was going to attempt to import the Japanese ones but I had another show I was importing and well money is tight enough as is. As the time draws near I hope they start releasing a few more clips, particularly Nonon, I absolutely love that character. God... I can't wait, I think I might end up framing my postcards, especially if they have one dedicated to just Nonon *nosebleed* XP.

Rightstuff doesn't ship to UK either, I'm screweeeed lmao.

You might be able to find some second hand, and I'm not entirely sure if they will jack the prices up or not, depends on how fast it sells out. I think the Madoka LE's lingered around for a while before they eventually sold out completely.

...Ignoring the dub/sub wars going on, I'd like to switch subjects to I dunno, the show this thread is about.

I'm really excited about being able to own KLK on bluray, I was going to attempt to import the Japanese ones but I had another show I was importing and well money is tight enough as is. As the time draws near I hope they start releasing a few more clips, particularly Nonon, I absolutely love that character. God... I can't wait, I think I might end up framing my postcards, especially if they have one dedicated to just Nonon *nosebleed* XP.

You might be able to find some second hand, and I'm not entirely sure if they will jack the prices up or not, depends on how fast it sells out. I think the Madoka LE's lingered around for a while before they eventually sold out completely.

If money's tight, you shouldn't purchase an Aniplex bluray. smile.png

Dude, opinions can be argued :V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, as Sticks Waffle stated, the wording leaves the context and mood awfully ambiguous.

Besides saying,

with the present choice of syntax, implies the opinion to be presented as fact.

And since when was it against the law to contest someone else's opinion anyway?

No, it certainly doesn't as it's true nature is quite out there and obvious. But it does need sufficient presentation to show the one speaking, themselves, know that it's an opinion and not fact.

I don't think there was a point where I said you can't argue against an opinion, but the really contentious assumptions towards the opinions is my issue here. If something is "ambiguous" as you say why immediately label someone a weeaboo? That doesn't make sense. And someone saying they learned something doesn't imply anything is a fact, because learning is based on an individual experience. Besides, saying the true nature is quite out there and obvious contradicts the whole point of saying it's context and mood is ambiguous, isn't it?

He said outright that English speakers can never match up to Japan, what is meant to be taken from that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 2

That he has an opinion? He said in his experience, americans can't stand up to Japanese actors. Whether he meant american dub actors, american actors in general, or even "american viewers" which was how I took it, it's still just giving a very openly subjective opinion regarding his experience with this subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

Methinks you're reading too deeply into mere discomfort with the statement, and mis-interpreting it as well, Xenos.

If something is "ambiguous" as you say why immediately label someone a weeaboo?

I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone else that question, because I did no such thing. I did however share the statement in particular reads as rather weeabo, and later it was Waffle who brought up the ambiguity being a possible cause of the effect.

Besides, saying the true nature is quite out there and obvious contradicts the whole point of saying it's context and mood is ambiguous, isn't it?

No, because the nature; the statement's official status as an opinion, is not the same thing as the context and mood of the statement.

The context and mood of his post was "in my experience dubs suck". There's no way to present that as an opinion more obviously being an opinion without something like a gif from Phoenix Wright to hammer the point home.

EDIT: Dammit there goes my dare

There's no way to present that as an opinion more obviously being an opinion without something like a gif from Phoenix Wright to hammer the point home.

That doesn't make any sense. A gif being used in a statement doesn't make that statement an opinion. A gif more so, would be used to convey a post's message, although specific gifs can help show that the poster actually acknowledges the statement his/herself as opinion to help shake off worrying tones that would attract uncomfortable yet warranted suspicions of weeaboo.

Come to think of it, having a funny gif of the right sort, could have done the trick too! Ugh, if only it were conveyed better.

Methinks you're reading too deeply into mere discomfort with the statement, and mis-interpreting it as well, Xenos.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone else that question, because I did no such thing. I did however share the statement in particular reads as rather weeabo, and later it was Waffle who brought up the ambiguity being a possible cause of the effect.

No, because the nature; the statement's official status as an opinion, is not the same thing as the context and mood of the statement.

If that's the case I'm not sure why there needs to be such a confrontational way of arguing against it, especially with being offended at the thought of someone feeling as though dubs don't stack up to the original Japanese versions. What I'm not understanding is how the context and mood are clear despite the statement itself being ambiguous? How do you justify you're comment with the fact it was ambiguous, but then go back and say the person did a bad job of stating it as an opinion of their own because the context and mood were ambiguous? Or weren't they?

A gif doesn't make something an opinion. Which is why he didn't need to add a gif. Which was what I was saying. He posted an opinion. It's clearly and openly an opinion. He starts the post with a disclaimer that he's talking from his subjective experience. The only thing a gif would do is possibly make it clearer, which he doesn't need to do anyways. Please re-read what I wrote.

Christ, what a discussion to be having here. Let's bring it back on track. Chances of this being picked up to air somewhere?

A gif doesn't make something an opinion. Which is why he didn't need to add a gif. Which was what I was saying.

Then there was no point to you bringing up gifs.

If that's the case I'm not sure why there needs to be such a confrontational way of arguing against it,

The only real confrontational arguing concerning it has been the conflicts ignited by those who apparently take offense to others contesting someone else's opinion and criticizing its presentation.

Said confrontation is welcome to end its presence in this thread.

That doesn't make any sense. A gif being used in a statement doesn't make that statement an opinion. A gif more so, would be used to convey a post's message, although specific gifs can help show that the poster actually acknowledges the statement his/herself as opinion to help shake off worrying tones that would attract uncomfortable yet warranted suspicions of weeaboo.

Come to think of it, having a funny gif of the right sort, could have done the trick too! Ugh, if only it were conveyed better.

You have thoroughly missed KKM's point, which is that the general statement on record here, "American dubbing is bad," is inherently an opinion because it's a subjective statement of thought. As a result, no one needs to actually clarify this. Rather, it's the audience's responsibility to ignore any confidence or aggressiveness with which an opinion is stated and still be able to discern opinions from facts. In this case, what this guy said is so obviously an opinion that the only way one could further clarify it without just spoon-feeding the audience with written clarification would be to use a silly gif that further expresses the mood or feeling. That is the point being made here.

tl;dr, if you encounter a complete thought that is subjective in nature, it's an opinion. Play this if you need more clarification. I just saved everyone around three more pages of continuous arguing about this weird and silly tangent, thus you're now able to get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I understood the point, my response was the way it was because the gif part read to moi as uncalled for jab at me. As KK has had a history and habit of such taunting.

Excuse me? From what selective subject matter is this decisive opinion built upon?

All animes. I did not think anyone took offense to what I said. But many and nearly all Japanese va are better at changing their voices. Take nue for instance. Cute and sweet but when she turns into her more messed up minded self when shes upset the va does a perfect 360 with the change in pitch and tone to a almost completely new character. I can not recall one anime dub that has ever been able to change the tone of a character as Japanese actors are able. But its my opinion though. Don't get your feathers so ruffled.

The context and mood of his post was "in my experience dubs suck". There's no way to present that as an opinion more obviously being an opinion without something like a gif from Phoenix Wright to hammer the point home.

EDIT: Dammit there goes my dare

Pretty much this. Its a animated show. Im not losing sleep over just saying what "I" think of the dub. If you like it good. It can get people who dont like subs into the show. I was just saying that you go from subs to dubs and it will sometimes throw off the image of the character you had built into your head hearing a english va speak a lined delivered with more umf by the jap va.

but again dont lose sleep on that issue. its just my opinion.

I don't know if someone else has posted this already, but the sub version of Kill La Kill is on Netflix.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I finally got around to watching this... and uh, what the hell am I looking at?

Is this what happens when you let Scanty and Kneesocks run a school?

I hope after a few more episodes I'll get what the heck is going on! XD

That tends to be everyone's reaction, and it makes even less sense the more that goes on.

So I finally got around to watching this... and uh, what the hell am I looking at?

Is this what happens when you let Scanty and Kneesocks run a school?

I hope after a few more episodes I'll get what the heck is going on! XD

Belive me, you get used to it really fast after five or six episodes, and most of it starts making sense later on, it's part of it's magic.

Looks like a buddy cop movie waiting to be made.

• Thumbs Up 2