Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

I have seen this comic and I thought I had to share:

wRpdeli.png

That being said, I'm really, really excited about the English dub of Kill La Kill.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ya know, after watching the series, reading doujin of the this series is somewhat awkward.

(To get my own word in the argument, I think you're far underestimating voice actors like Patrick Seitz or David Vincent. Don't be talkin' shit brah)

I'm just gonna wait patiently until I can order stuff, and wow Patrick is huge.

Ya know, after watching the series, reading doujin of the this series is somewhat awkward.

You're reading KLK doujin?

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching yesterday, since I heard a lot of people talking good about this. And it is good. Honestly, it's nice to watch something like that once in a while, it's so wacky and funny, I can't help but smile. I never was a die-hard otaku, the only anime and manga I follow today every week is Naruto Shippuuden (but I used to follow others in the past like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Super Champions, Saint Seya...) so it's great to watch something different for a change. I've always enjoyed japanese animation.

That said, I'll keep following Kill la Kill, it's good smile.png

I finally finished watching this and oooh. Wow. I liked it.

A great mix of Orwellian society and fashion metaphors and a Panty and Stocking-esque retelling of the Magical Girl trope.

Also, is it just me or is it possible that Shadow is a Kiryuin?

Shadow-and-Marine-shadow-the-hedgehog-85

14015536762722_f.jpg

Finished watching the whole series.

Pretty good, a lot of plot twists near the ending, but all well explained, I liked it. My favorite character end up being Satsuki-sama, the way she planned the whole thing, the true meaning of the Academy. And even after the brutal defeat, she managed to escape and free Ryuko from Junketsu, that was great. I wasn't really surprised when they revealed sisters, I saw that coming from the very first episode ^^ The ending was pretty good too, but let's all agree:

That was a...

2d8026x.png

Dragon+Ball+Z+-+Battle+of+Gods+-+Goku+Vs

total rippof of Dragon Ball Z laugh.png

kill-la-kill-episode-24-87.jpg?w=483&h=2

271823-vegeta5_super.jpg

Not that I didn't liked, but it as funny to watch, simply because of how similar it was heh

The spicy scenes and the main, well... theme of the anime, about nudism and all. Eheh, c'mon. The eroticism was very explored, but not in a way that made the series looks like a joke or anything, I think it actually made sense in the ending.

And finally... it was just that? One season only thing? That's both good and bad, but I want more! I heard there's an OVA coming September, is that right? While it didn't come out, I'll enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scRQ3AXe4hw&feature=kp smile.png I love that theme song!

and... RIP Senketsu.

I think stuff like that was probably homage to DBZ, not so much a rip-off. I saw it as a mashup of magical girl anime and stuff like DBZ... with loads of nudity of course!! XD I feel Panty and Stocking was a huge influence on this show too, the idea of a school with RRRRRRRRRRUUUURRRRRRRRRES! and the way Ryuko spoke was very similar to Panty, I wondered if it was the same voice actor!

biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Some comments from the informal Trigger panel.

-KLK episode 25 takes place before the epilogue in episode 24, Satsuki has long hair. The theme is graduation.

-LWA2 showing had a lot of concept art; the main poster is still that one sad-looking picture of Akko they revealed a few months ago.

-Inou Battle in Everyday Life is airing in Fall 2014 and it’s all about the “cute”.

-Inferno Cop 2 confirmed.

-Akira Amemiya is directing Ninja Slayer; it’s a SERIOUS comedy show.

Sources:

https://twitter.com/ichnob

https://twitter.com/pwngoatjunkie

https://twitter.com/blogsuki 

Apparently Trigger had an informal panel the other day and released information on their upcoming plans for the future as well as shining a little light on KILL la KILL's final episode/OVA. Apparently it's set before Satsuki cuts her hair short in the closing credits to Episode 24 where they all go on a date and life resumes as normal, it explains and expands on what happened after the battle in space, and the collateral damage afterwards as well as focusing on Ryuuko and Mako's graduation from Honnouji Academy.  

There's apparently poster art for it too, but TRIGGER don't want it shared yet until they make the announcement themselves so... Everyone is wearing pre-kamui outfits by the sounds of it though, although I'm not sure what the Elite 4 will be wearing since they sacrificed every last life fiber into Senketsu for Ryuuko's space battle, and we've only seen them in their 3 star uniforms before then.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pics are surfacing

F8Fbwsb.jpg

VKCywY7.jpg

Looks good.

AHHHHHHH I LOVE THESE.

Man I wish I was there, there is also a sweet fucking poster they have there too drawn by Yoh Yoshinari and I just want it so bad.

tumblr_n857xloCjp1r7c87xo1_1280.jpg

Trigger is already hitting all my buttons. A cute, laid-back series to watch for calmness from a studio I know, a freaking comedy-action with ninjas, a sequel to one of my favorite new IPs in OVAs, and a sequel to basically the best thing in the industry in a long time.

I`ll probably see if the comedy ninja show is any sort of decent, and of course I`m going to watch the OVA for Kill La Kill.  I would watch Inferno Cop 2 but I still need to finish the first one lol. 

Yea, I was surprised given the impression I got from the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryuko sounds pretty spot on.

Gotta get used to Satsuki a little, but she still sounds pretty good.

Color me even more excited!

Ryuko sounds pretty spot on.

Gotta get used to Satsuki a little, but she still sounds pretty good.

Color me even more excited!

I'm the opposite: I thought Satuski sounded near excellent, while I'm still not sure about Ryuko yet.

English dub clip. Holy shit it sounds great

Haha that's the second scene of the dub to get out, that scene that pretty much encapsulates what's wrong with the show.  The leg wagging building accent, the false start fanservice, the shonen power levels, all together in one scene.