Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Haha that's the second scene of the dub to get out, that scene that pretty much encapsulates what's wrong with the show.  The leg wagging building accent, the false start fanservice, the shonen power levels, all together in one scene.  

...You mean "ascent" right?

I was surprised to see such a relatively new voice get the dub role of Ryuko but after hearing it I can tell I won't have much to worry about. In fact, the majority of the cast is out of left field for such a popular anime in the west.

I was surprised to see such a relatively new voice get the dub role of Ryuko but after hearing it I can tell I won't have much to worry about. In fact, the majority of the cast is out of left field for such a popular anime in the west.

Not really, Patrick Seitz has been in pretty much every major anime lately, as well as Matthew Mercer. But I see your point, a surprisingly lack of big names.

Not really, Patrick Seitz has been in pretty much every major anime lately, as well as Matthew Mercer. But I see your point, a surprisingly lack of big names.

Well, Christine is starting to get a lot more roles, along with Sarah Williams. David Vincent, Todd Haberkorn and Doug Stone are also in it as well.

So when is the dub gonna release?

If you ordered through Rightstuf, its shipping out now. I've already been billed for my LE so I will probably get it this weekend.

Disclaimer: I've read none of the previous pages of this topic beyond where I feel I am in the storyline right now, due to potential spoilers. I accidentally read something about somebody dying or something on one page and jumped immediately to the last page after that.

With that out of the way, since I know we're talking about the dub currently:

6zm3j9.jpg

tumblr_mf0n90tr6L1qhh0d1_zps1ac08571.gif

EDIT: And only after I posted this did I notice I'd grabbed the description for the limited edition release. Still and all, the normal Bluray version of this is still $40 for four episodes.

Edited by Cyalume
  • Thumbs Up 1

The dub is calling them Senkets and Junkets instead of Senketsu and Junketsu officially uggghhhhhhhhh

who knew such a small change would be so glaring and annoying

The dub is calling them Senkets and Junkets instead of Senketsu and Junketsu officially uggghhhhhhhhh

who knew such a small change would be so glaring and annoying

Everyone, when they watched the trailer?

Also please tell me how to get the stupid captcha working.

Everyone, when they watched the trailer?

The original called them Senketsu/Junketsu with Senkets/Junkets being a nickname if I remember correctly, so I assumed it was the same

The original called them Senketsu/Junketsu with Senkets/Junkets being a nickname if I remember correctly, so I assumed it was the same

It's a pronunciation thing, the Japanese tend to emphasize certain vowels in their words.

A similar thing happened when TTGL was dubbed and it went with Giga Drill Break rather than the popular translation, Giga Drill Breaker and the latter was mostly based on how the Japanese pronounced the move.

@Cyalume It's Aniplex. That was to be expected; they do this for all their shows.

I will literally withdraw every last dollar from my bank account and dump it all into a shredder before I give an anime distributor 240 to 360 dollars for a 24 episode anime that I can watch on the internet for free. And I dont even like subs all that much.

I mean holy shit. When I saw the price of the deluxe/special edition I thought that was the price for the complete series. I have literally never torrented anything in my life and yet I feel an urge to torrent this just to spite these people. Glad I haven't been into anime for a while. I went to check a list of all their other properties to make sure I wasnt interested in any of them; all I see that they have that I want to watch is Madoka Magica. Ill stream that.

/rant

Not a huge fan of Senketsu's voice. Otherwise everything looks fairly okay.

I will literally withdraw every last dollar from my bank account and dump it all into a shredder before I give an anime distributor 240 to 360 dollars for a 24 episode anime that I can watch on the internet for free. And I dont even like subs all that much.

I mean holy shit. When I saw the price of the deluxe/special edition I thought that was the price for the complete series. I have literally never torrented anything in my life and yet I feel an urge to torrent this just to spite these people. Glad I haven't been into anime for a while. I went to check a list of all their other properties to make sure I wasnt interested in any of them; all I see that they have that I want to watch is Madoka Magica. Ill stream that.

/rant

Not a huge fan of Senketsu's voice. Otherwise everything looks fairly okay.

You're not going to spite them by torrenting. :\

Disclaimer: I've read none of the previous pages of this topic beyond where I feel I am in the storyline right now, due to potential spoilers. I accidentally read something about somebody dying or something on one page and jumped immediately to the last page after that.

With that out of the way, since I know we're talking about the dub currently:

tumblr_mf0n90tr6L1qhh0d1_zps1ac08571.gif

EDIT: And only after I posted this did I notice I'd grabbed the description for the limited edition release. Still and all, the normal Bluray version of this is still $40 for four episodes.

Geez, and I thought Attack on Titan's Volume 1 was annoying because it only released with half the episodes. This is robbery.

Also please tell me how to get the stupid captcha working.

Right click "Download" and click "Save link as...". You're welcome.

OK, this dub is amazing. No problems here.

Yeah I'll definitely torrent this whole dub as it comes out, I refuse to support Aniplex's bullshit. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The difference between this and Attack on Titan is that AoT gave you swag for buying the expensive set and offered you an inexpensive set too.

But Aniplex still manages to make huge amounts of money doing this. This is actually how Japan usually does DVD sales and how they make money back, even if a lot of people don't buy it.

I'm going to buy it because I'm a tool.

Yeah I'll definitely torrent this whole dub as it comes out, I refuse to support Aniplex's bullshit. 

You're not exactly going to make a difference by torrenting.

I'm going to buy it because I'm a tool.

You're not exactly going to make a difference by torrenting.

If this pricing model wasnt working they wouldnt do it, but the thing is it does and people buy it. But then again i dont think most people here are part of aniplex's target audience, eg: people who are really into anime collecting and shit.