Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Seriously, though- that eye shine inside the pupil itself? Very Sonic Adventure-to-Sonic Heroes.saniceyes.jpg

Ryuko is the new Sonic Boom character.

*SCREEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMS*

FUCK YES!!!!!!

Satsuki and Senketsu, I'm dying from this turn of events.

FUCK RYUKO

ALL HAIL MY GIRL SATSUKI

Ryuko makes a badass villain though, yes yes yes Satsuki kick her ass!

• Thumbs Up 1

They even managed to sneak in NTR in this episode...

NO WONDER EVERYONE MAD XD!

Poooor Senketsu D:!!!!

1393552129392.png

Wait, if Nui is life fibers, how the fuck did she lose an eye to Ishin?

Huh?

Can't the scissor weapon (forgot its actual name) cut through Life Fibers?

Huh?

She still has her eye. She just likes fucking around.

Huh?

Maybe he cut the eye clean off or ruined it in a way that it didn't heal back right. She rather look cute than to have her wird inner life fiber stuff showing 8p.

Also is anyone freaking out by the fact that Satsuki, Ryuko and Nui are all technically sisters?

What a fucked up family...To be honest I think the main problem with Nui is that she has no sense of right and wrong, or maybe she been mind raped for so long by Ragyo that she just learned not to give a shit.

But wouldn't Ryuko be able to give her permanent wounds then?

Ryuko cutted through Nui's heart with it.

Here's a theory- Life Fibers normally will heal anything, but if it's an injury caused by the scissor blades, which cut life fibers, then the healing is lessened. still curable as seen by nui being stabbed this episode, but it's easier to cure by yourself a stab in the body than to grow a new eye

EDIT: at least since she didn't seem to have been stabbed anywhere important other than in the general area of "torso"

I dunno I just see regenerating a lung puncture as more realistic than regenerating an eye

Ryuko cutted through Nui's heart with it.

Ah yeah she did. I guess its something they missed, or they just REALLY wanted to give Nui that eye patch. Maybe her eye got sliced off from the stem.

She still has her eye. She just likes fucking around.

Bullshit, where's your proof? She over killed Ishin because he took her eye out with the scissor blade.

Real talk; this whole rationalizing with "expecting" Ryuko to become a villain is completely nonsensical for me when she's effectively spent the entire goddamn series doing nothing and amounting to nothing. She's the audience POV. The vehicle that drives the plot. A completely unrelatable non-character. Kill La Kill isn't doing some deep Evangelion stuff here, it's a series billing itself as a straightforward action adventure which wanted to compare itself to GL but due to shoestring budget had to be more comparable to P&S with it's over-reliance on gags as well as action elements/tropes that the directors and screenwriters felt were cool, and that disconnect is jarring to the point of repetition.

The entire show's point wasn't turning Ryuko into a villain. The only overarching character point to Ryuko learning to deal with her detrimental issues, evident with her personality at the start of the series being depicted as a naive bully, and the peak of that was shown already at this series' halfway point when the writers made it evident that she knew she was a loose cannon and wanting to change that, but didn't do anything about it. She's just an observer to a grand scheme and she's still letting herself get used. This series is well passed it's threshold where we can see her character evolve from what she's learned because with 4 episodes left the only thing she can amount to being is a mood swing back to her normal self among the plethora of other mood swings she's had throughout the show.

If you pull the whole "but she's imperfect" excuse; Shinji was imperfect. Simon was imperfect. Hell the Angel Sisters were imperfect. But they got shit done. Satsuki may not have flaws and I'm not going to claim she's the best character ever either, but what makes her interesting is that she gets things done. Ryuko does neither. Watching the character we're meant to root for get nothing done is really the biggest flaw this series has had to offer.

And the whole "human" rationalizing is beyond me too because I'm convinced that anyone who can still find someone jumping onto a motorcycle to race off across the land simply to find the patience to kill someone that just pulled out another useless "I'm your soul sister" crap in order to avenge someone who you never even knew relatable is clearly not from this planet and should probably meet some people.

And I'm done ranting for now. Carry on everyone, see you next week.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah was going to say she just got stabbed through the chest, her heart would be history since Ryuko's scissors are the only thing that can directly destroy life fibers, not even Satsuki's Bazukan blade is strong enough to tackle someone as pumped up with life fibers as Ryuko/Ragyo/Nui, that's why Ragyo didn't die from that stab back in episode 18.

Man I could del the Ryuko fan base growing smaller and smaller with each minute I watched this is, lol. With the way people were complaining about it I had thought Ryuko had willingly joined the dark side, which obviously isn't the case. With the way she was forced into Junketsu I don't doubt that the real Ryuko is locked away or that her severely altered memories turned her into something else entirely. Either way it's going to take a lot to bring her back and Satsuki pulling a role reversal makes sense, I believe both her and Senketsu want to fight in order to save the person they care about.

Real talk; this whole rationalizing with "expecting" Ryuko to become a villain is completely nonsensical for me when she's effectively spent the entire goddamn series doing nothing and amounting to nothing. She's the audience POV. The vehicle that drives the plot. A completely unrelatable non-character.

Now see, I can't agree with that at all because you make it sound like she's done nothing but sit on her ass and let everyone else do the hard work for her, rather then actively fighting threats as they come. And when I hear the term "non-character" I think of figures like Mario or Link, so the implication that Ryuko is nothing more then some audience avatar is sort of ridiculous to me.

Calling it now; the two halves of the Scissor Blade combined form an ultimate "I win" weapon ala metaphor of scissors cutting a doll and all that jazz.

I'm still sticking to my guns on this theory, frankly because I'm certain that those two halves are supposed to go together and god knows what the resulting weapon would be capable of. 

I'm still sticking to my guns on this theory, frankly because I'm certain that those two halves are supposed to go together and god knows what the resulting weapon would be capable of. 

They do go together, Ishin tried to fight Nui with them combined, but split them in 2 to catch her off guard to attack her.

As much as I like Ryuko's personality, yea the fact that she hasn't got....anything done, and spent half of the series being strung along is seriously irksome. I get that writing the protagonist as this invincible force of destruction can be boring, but that's the entire point of fiction. We want the characters to succeed, even if its only a little bit because we sympathize with them. Ryuko's problem is that she hasn't accomplished a goddamn thing, or at least something that wasn't furthering someone else's goal. 

The only way they could turn this around is if Ryuko carries the last few episodes herself, and I doubt the payoff would be what everyone was hoping for. 

Nobody wants a Mary sue, perfect character but fuck, the audience also wants to see them succeed a little bit. 

I think why everyone is frustrated with Ryuko is, we want to like her but she hasn't done enough to get us to like her. Its also everyone latches onto Satsuki, she may not be the most interesting or depthful character, but she's at least cool to watch. You know shit is gonna happen whenever she's onscreen. When you have that type of character as your secondary lead compared to the other who can barely accomplish shit, people are gonna notice.

• Thumbs Up 6

They do go together, Ishin tried to fight Nui with them combined, but split them in 2 to catch her off guard to attack her.

Right; in that case, I reckon that by the finale, we'll get to see some actual damage out of the combined might of the two halves properly joined. Might very well be the game-breaker.

Well if both sides have a "decapitation mode" then yes we're possibly in for the one weapon that can beat Ragyo, Nui and the original life fiber.

I still also think we haven't seen Senketsu's true form yet either.