Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Yeah after watching the episode, I'm not all THAT miffed at Ryuko's behavior, she's had a ton of shit dumped on her after all. It's one thing when she thought her and senkentsu were two beings working as one, but now she's discovered that they're basically ARE the same being. It's a lot to take in.

My only curiosity now is seeing how Ryuko will handle this revelation.

The Mako/Gamagori shipping is more and more real by the day and I'm fine with that. Also nice to see Jakazure being somewhat cool now. Also, you REALLY have to admire Satsuki's tenacity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling it now; the two halves of the Scissor Blade combined form an ultimate "I win" weapon ala metaphor of scissors cutting a doll and all that jazz.

I also consider the fact that Ryuko has effectively become a death seeker, and she doesn't want to drag Senketsu down with her.

But yo, shout outs to Sochiro for Dad of the Year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im glad Ryuko's dad that she knows and loves is still her dad, I just feel sorry for the guy having to break his back just to pass off looking like an old man.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Kiryuins are a badass bunch, keep in mind he managed to slice Nui's eye out with that handicap...like a boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taking ryuko's anger at face value as "THAT UNGRATEFUL SO-AND-SO LASHING AT SENKETSU" kiiiiiiiinda feels like missing the point

by a lot

She's angry at herself, she's dismayed at herself, she's confused at herself. She wasn't telling Senketsu to fuck off, she was telling him to go away. She can't handle anyone right now. She doesn't deserve to handle anyone right now. Her mother's alien hitler and she's made of alien clothes.

But how many times is she going to go through this period of being angry about a new revelation about herself and then resolving it again? Hasn't this happened at least 2-3 times now? It just feels like she isn't progressing as a character the way it's being handled.

But it has been progressing

Backwards

The whole point so far is that each time she thinks she's managed to get a handle on things again they throw her a new curveball, and each time her reaction's getting worse. That's not constant angst, that's having human being reactions if you just relentlessly get your whole sense of self and purpose be torn apart piece by piece.

But it has been progressing

Backwards

The whole point so far is that each time she thinks she's managed to get a handle on things again they throw her a new curveball, and each time her reaction's getting worse. That's not constant angst, that's having human being reactions if you just relentlessly get your whole sense of self and purpose be torn apart piece by piece.

This isn't human reactions. This is an anime with no idea what it wants to do with it's protagonist.

This whole debacle would have been believable at all if she even had any sort of influence on the plot besides slowing things down for someone who is clearly more capable than she is, and whenever a "deep" or "human" dilemma proposes itself she resolves that in the matter of an episode because Ryuko has the most inconsistent personality of the entire cast. And this has already happened more than once, effectively padding the episodes and keeping any proper character development available. It's like she's written by someone with bad short term memory or just improvised right off the bat.

She is incredibly uninteresting and no amount of rationalizing and justification to ditching Senketsu for the most selfish and whiny reasons is going to change that. The world is bigger than her, and if she's able to rationalize that Senketsu is more than just an object then someone should probably smack some sense into her and have her realize the circumstances surrounding her birth has nothing to do with how she lives her own life. For that matter, she's been in a coma for a month. She's had enough time angsting. The human thing to do would be stopping for a moment and thinking about what the next course of action is, but since this is an anime obviously running off like a hot head is more "human" to do, and 19 episodes of being what's slowing down the plot is detrimental even by those standards.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kinda sorta agree with Carbo about Ryuko, she is really uninteresting outside of physical appeal the more I think about it, I'm much more excited to see what Satsuki has got planned more than anything, Ryuko's inconsistency is starting to become annoying.

In a way it's kind of funny, I used to abhor Satsuki for lacking any sort of debt but now I'm convinced she's the best thing about the series alongside Mako x Gamagoori.

Now I know how Satsuki fans feel!

Honestly couldn't disagree more, Carbo, but eh. I feel Ryuko's being faulted for not being typically Shonen protagonist- something bad happens, well smile and trust your friends, it'll be alright! That may be how it works IRL for some, but certainly not for everyone.

I like Ryokku because of the fact she is flawed. I swear if she just woke up and didn't get upset about everything that's just happned...people would be screaming mary-sue at this point.

I like for her flaws. Satsuki is the poster child of an unyielding protag in anime...which we definitely have enough of...and I like Sastuki. We need more flawed characters like Ryoku in the anime industry because its fun watching a character go through everyday trials with a more realistic aspect in decision making. 

Its for the same reasons I reallllly liked Simon in Gurren Laggan...even after manning up and the time skip he occasionally had to be reminded by the people around him to get it in gear which is more fun  to  relate to than a character who seems to never EVER developed or had a moment of weakness. 

I love Satsuki, but she has not changed at all since the first episode, if it wasn't for Ryuko people would be bored with the series already. She and Satsuki bounce off each other to make the series shine...if you take one out it wouldn't work.

I find it interesting that people tend to jump back and fourth between characters...when everyone pissed at Satsuki antics everyone goes YAY Ryoku and vice versa XD.

I say Trigger is doing a good job with this kinda story telling. I got this feeling that Satsuki is going to do something drastic that everyone going to be mad at her about...and that's when Ryuko will step in.

Except no one is expecting Ryuko to be a Shonen-esque character, I can understand where she's coming from, but it's teeter totting constantly to the point of no longer feeling sympathy for her, you'd think she wouldn't have figured something like this out by now, A kamui tailored to her, a weapon she wields being one of the few weapons specific for destroying COVERS/Goku Uniforms, how she's able to take ungodly amounts of damage and heal like it's nothing in a short period of time. But Carbo is right, she's had so much shit thrown her way she shouldn't be going back to stage one Ryuko when she's literally got over everything so far, made bonds with Senketsu, and now she's outright denying him, and she isn't saying "get away from me" she's saying "I'm no better than you, I don't need you because I'm the same monster you are, so I'm never wearing you again". Despite Senketsu being the one who dragged her to Nudist Beaches HQ, ON HIS OWN to save his friend, it's incredibly selfish and dickish for her to toss him aside without thinking about what he's done for her during the course of the series.

She's just gone back to "I want to be alone, I am angry, I will kill Ragyo myself".

I also like how people keep labelling Satsuki as a poster child protagonist when she isn't doing this for herself completely, she's doing it for the loss of her baby sister, or so she thinks until you know, last episodes revelation, I have a feeling it's going to shake up the story when Satsuki escapes, I'm eager to know how Ryuko and Satsuki will approach the subject of them being siblings, or if Trigger will just be all "I don't care that we're sisters, I still want to fight you" or if they'll have Satsuki spare Ryuko despite her being made of life fibers.

There was also the thing Soniman mentioned, that if Ryuko kills Ragyo and the original life fiber, won't she die too? I can see some Gurren Lagann Kamina shit going down with either Satsuki, Ryuko or Senketsu personally. Since there's a song on the OST called "Till I Die" which sounds like a sad ending song that we've yet to hear in the anime, so take from that what you will. 

I also I don't think anyone is making the connection that the reason she acting up may be do to the music that the COVERS are playing. Considering that right before that scene Ragyo was telling Nui that she had that part covered.

I'm sure she got something planned that involves feeding anger to both of their daughters on purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or they've been trying to flush out Ryuko the entire time, and eventually found her when she wants to be left alone, forcing her into action despite not wanting to face the world right now.

Except no one is expecting Ryuko to be a Shonen-esque character, I can understand where she's coming from, but it's teeter totting constantly to the point of no longer feeling sympathy for her, you'd think she wouldn't have figured something like this out by now, A kamui tailored to her, a weapon she wields being one of the few weapons specific for destroying COVERS/Goku Uniforms, how she's able to take ungodly amounts of damage and heal like it's nothing in a short period of time.

No, I wouldn't expect. Because I've never happened to decide I wanted to do a traumatic revenge and then get it hijacked by being forcefully drafted for a war to save mankind as aliens invade, and then realized I myself am an alien.

That's not something someone "figures out". Not for years. Not for ever, maybe. Her own sense of being was shattered, she's being dragged through things that really no-one understands there- you might be told "yeah clothes are aliens", but does that sink in? She gets overtly antagonistic as she tries to gain some control, and it even works for a bit as she gets perfect sync with Senketsu- but that doesn't mean the doubts and confusion are magically cleared away. And then, you know, she has her heart ripped out of the chest, covered in life fiber, and then heal itself magically, and told she's herself part alien. Not that the suit and her share dna, that she herself was born part life fiber? That's heavy stuff and I refuse to accept someone not being able to handle it is in anyways unexpected, inconsistent, or wrong with how a human being realistically acts.

Again, I mentioned Shinji before, and I feel it's in the same lines here. You don't get called by your estranged father to pilot a giant robot in horrifying battles against eldrich machines and accept it in a chavalier manner.

You don't have your space colony invaded by soldier mechs killing many you know, and pilot the mech your father made out of a despair for survival, and despair as you realise you not only have to kill many to survive but are actually /good/ at it and just get over it in a bit.

You don't get pulled out of delinquency to fight with other two delinquents, one of which a revolutionary assassin, to pilot a mech against a dinosaur army in awesome hotblooded battles until the mech eats one of your pilot frinds and another mech kills everyone you know and the mech starts showing you space and you don't just accept this cavalier, at least without being a bit insane;

And you don't get your quest for revenge for your fathers' death hijacked by a fascist school with magic clothes, get forced to use magic clothes yourself, befriend them, discover they're alien, discover you share dna with them, discover the real enemy is alien clothes, discover you're alien clothes yourself and just a monster, and just take it "WELL I'VE ANGSTED FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES NOW MY EMOTIONAL STABILITY IS RIGHT AND WELL TIME TO KICK ASS"

• Thumbs Up 1

Or they've been trying to flush out Ryuko the entire time, and eventually found her when she wants to be left alone, forcing her into action despite not wanting to face the world right now.

Hahah well shall see! The series sure got really exciting in its second half! To be honest I don't think I would be this invested in the characters without the first half of the show. I don't think we all I really don't see how Trigger could have done this in 12 episodes like some people at other places are saying this anime should have been. Trigger has made a rather large amount of characters that I actually CARE about, they aren't really using any extra space on other characters.

No, I wouldn't expect. Because I've never happened to decide I wanted to do a traumatic revenge and then get it hijacked by being forcefully drafted for a war to save mankind as aliens invade, and then realized I myself am an alien.

That's not something someone "figures out". Not for years. Not for ever, maybe. Her own sense of being was shattered, she's being dragged through things that really no-one understands there- you might be told "yeah clothes are aliens", but does that sink in? She gets overtly antagonistic as she tries to gain some control, and it even works for a bit as she gets perfect sync with Senketsu- but that doesn't mean the doubts and confusion are magically cleared away. And then, you know, she has her heart ripped out of the chest, covered in life fiber, and then heal itself magically, and told she's herself part alien. Not that the suit and her share dna, that she herself was born part life fiber? That's heavy stuff and I refuse to accept someone not being able to handle it is in anyways unexpected, inconsistent, or wrong with how a human being realistically acts. would care so much as we do now.

To also add Satsuki has had YEARS to prepare her for these events...where roughly Ryoku has had to sink in all this new info in a rather short time frame. I don't think Satsuki would have been this prepared for these situations if she had just found out like her sister. More importantly I don't think any of US would have been prepared either.

I mean what if you woke up one day and found out that Hitler was your father who you thought was dead and you have been fighting against him this whole time?

Perhaps its a really good thing that Ryuko is alive because this is only giving Satsuki more reason not to give up. She finally has a chance to make a connection with a lost sister she thought had died and maybe that's what she holding on too at the moment more than anything.

Yet you completely undermined and ignored the other stuff in my post about her character being inconsistent and putting Senketsu on the receiving end of things, despite him saving her life and waiting by her bed side for a whoooooooole Month waiting for her to wake up :V Typical.

She's a flawed character, yes, but those flaws are executed poorly, she still hasn't really grown as a character besides getting perfect sync with Senketsu briefly and an increase in power, but she still sucks as a character because there is no common ground between her emotions, it's either she's sad, or blindingly angry, if you think about it, she's like a female Luffy. Get's knocked back, laments, then finds a pick me-up and beats the previously unbeatable, except Ryuko moans and groans and goes off the rails far too many times to even sympathize with her, or understand what she's going through. But no, I can't justify her shitting on Senketsu right now, she's become a dislikeable character in this episode, and I hope she snaps out of it soon because honestly if I learned I was an alien and my mom was a raging neo hitler, but it was revealed to me that I've had a long lost sister all this time, I'd put my differences aside long enough to save family from the bad parent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yet you completely undermined and ignored the other stuff in my post about her character being inconsistent and putting Senketsu on the receiving end of things, despite him saving her life and waiting by her bed side for a whoooooooole Month waiting for her to wake up :V Typical.

She's a flawed character, yes, but those flaws are executed poorly, she still hasn't really grown as a character besides getting perfect sync with Senketsu briefly and an increase in power, but she still sucks as a character because there is no common ground between her emotions, it's either she's sad, or blindingly angry, if you think about it, she's like a female Luffy. Get's knocked back, laments, then finds a pick me-up and beats the previously unbeatable, except Ryuko moans and groans and goes off the rails far too many times to even sympathize with her, or understand what she's going through. But no, I can't justify her shitting on Senketsu right now, she's become a dislikeable character in this episode, and I hope she snaps out of it soon because honestly if I learned I was an alien and my mom was a raging neo hitler, but it was revealed to me that I've had a long lost sister all this time, I'd put my differences aside long enough to save family from the bad parent.

Come on now she is a MC....like she is not going to redeem herself :V.

At this point I consider both Satsuki and Ryuko MCs though. Saying Ryuko is the only MC doesn't make sense at this point. I will adm...it though...dat feel bad for senketsu :C...

Infact is it just me or is Senketsu the best character in the show?

Trying to Plinkett Test Ryuko and I can't come up with much of anything.  Determined?  Sometimes.  

I think the problem with her is that things just kind of happen to her.  She's continuously thrust into situations and the show is basically just her dealing with them, and her reaction is always to fight harder or get mad at Senketsu for something or other.  

And Senketsu is blatantly the best character.  

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll inevitably come down to 2 sisters facing off against their evil mom who wants world conquest, calling it now.

Oh also this "secret super kamui" Nui is making is probably going to be Ragyo's ultimate final form I bet, and at that point Satsuki gets Junketsu back :V