Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

This of course added with the way Ryuko's hair reacts to life fibers just like Ragyo's seems to have been some really nice early foreshadowing, in hindsight

Seems like it, no matter how unfitting Blumenkraz is within that scene, but it would be cool if it was intentional, and would offer more depth in character for Ryuko that seen a lack of it during season 1, just a nice little "told you so" from Trigger.

I wonder if this is how they're going to pad out the final 6 episodes, 4 being dedicated to the elite 4 captains then the final 2 will be the epic showdown.

I hope not, I'd want a few episodes to be dedicated to Ryuko and Satsuki bonding dammit, THEN the epic showdown.

As much as I'd like to see that too, I don't think Ryuko is going to accept it, at least until Ragyo is dead before she has time to process it.

Everyone is extremely edgy lol.

Those womanly emotions lol.

Yea, but that's what is gonna make it sweeter; Satsuki tries to get close to the sister she never knew she had, and Ryuko doesn't even know what the fuck to thing.

Look, as long it as it ends with them scissoring their Mom, I'll be satisfied.

VVVV-They both obviously take after their Mom.

Satsuki has Ragyo's face structure while Ryuko got the hair, presumably :V And we don't know if they share the father either, wouldn't be surprised to see a twist about that.

So! I just got done with all the episodes of Kill La Kill so far. I started off completely bewildered and confused since I went into Kill La Kill blind only knowing it's a good show - and without knowing it I slowly got addicted. The animation is absolutely stunning and completely off the wall insane, the pace is so brisk and exciting it's difficult to keep up but I can't be frustrated because it enthralled me greatly, and the soundtrack is just all kinds of wonderful. Some of the plot twists I saw were brilliantly executed and genuinely shocking and I'm so happy that these female characters who I thought were going to be just one dimensional sex objects turned out to have so much more power and depth to them. And the whole clothing plot evolving into something so much bigger was super clever. Boy oh boy.

My favourite episodes have to be Episode 12 and Episode 18. Super exciting and some really great payoff. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Well that was an episode, not quite as whammy as the last one and I think they could have stretched out the Covers taking humans plot a bit longer but I'm satisfied.

They're doing a really good job at making me hate Ragyo, fucking hell. But Satsuki sama maintains her dignity, and hasn't given up the fight.. bless our goddess.

Ryuko...UUUGGGGHHH, I understand that everything that's happened to her is a big deal and a lot to take in, but do we really need this now....ugh, and now I feel sorry for poor Senketsu because he didn't do anything wrong....

But I think the most important this in this episode.....Gamako is canon, SHIP IT, SHIP IT, SHIP IT.

For a series which keeps trying to tell it's protagonist to not lose their way Ryuko is fucking terrible.

On the bright side, Mako x Gamagoori is in full force and not stopping.

• Thumbs Up 4

Didnt watch the episode yet but it seems like Ryuko does something stupid again. I thought we were passed this already but I guess she needs some angsting time after all that has happened

Didnt watch the episode yet but it seems like Ryuko does something stupid again. I thought we were passed this already but I guess she needs some angsting time after all that has happened

She goes into PMS mode after finding out what she is. 

But who the fuck cares, Gamako is sailing smoothly and its going along nicely.

Well, what would you do if you found out you weren't truly human?

I knooooow, and Trigger knows damn well how to write a 17 year old girl....and that's the annoying part. Hopefully this will be a one episode thing like back episode 12.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, what would you do if you found out you weren't truly human?

Staying with someone you up until recently considered a friend not to be used for battle and who lent you all the support available and protected you?

Nah lets just lose our fucking way and pad this series even further because that's clearly what this inconsistent character development and pacing really requires - more confusion.

Ryuko is one of the worst protagonists to have come out of anime in recent history. Satsuki is more of a protagonist at this point than she is - she's even planned ahead and is ready to break out of prison with a metal nail. Ryuko on the other hand is just throwing another whiny temper tantrum like she hasn't gone through inconsistent character changes and a million worse things since this series started. We all know she's going to wear Senketsu again anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yikes, I know Ryuko aint perfect but worst protag in recent history? Yeah ill to seriously disagree on that one. The only time I can recall her whinning to the poitn of annoyance was when she refused to wear Senketsu for no reason (something about not forcing him to fight his own kind despite the fact that he's been doing that the entire series up to that point) and just put him back on anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yikes, I know Ryuko aint perfect but worst protag in recent history? Yeah ill to seriously disagree on that one.

There are worst protags, but there's no denying her character is extremely inconsistent at times and its moments like at the end of today's episode that really grind my gears.

(Mild Gurren Lagann spoilers below)

tumblr_n1bb70y4M31ri49l4o4_500.png

tumblr_n1bb70y4M31ri49l4o2_500.png

What makes the connection even stronger is that these 2 have the same voice actor.

But anyway, I liked the episode, only thing I didn't like was Ryuko having a bitchfit again. Hopefully it's another 1 episode thing like it was last time. 

Yikes, I know Ryuko aint perfect but worst protag in recent history? Yeah ill to seriously disagree on that one. The only time I can recall her whinning to the poitn of annoyance was when she refused to wear Senketsu for no reason (something about not forcing him to fight his own kind despite the fact that he's been doing that the entire series up to that point) and just put him back on anyway.

And now she's doing the same thing again, actively going against that very resolve. It's not like she learned some unknown truth about Senketsu - she knew the truth about him two episodes prior.

The unfortunate truth is we only have five episodes left of this series, and the fact that we've got at least one episode dedicated now for Ryuko to get over yet another angsty phase is heavily dragging things even more.

I loved Ryuko during the first half cause I was confident she was going to develop. That's in her character archetype. With five episodes left she hasn't ever settled on any consistent character and that's going to heavily weaken the endgame. It's almost Korra levels at this point. For the longest time I was convinced that Ryuko had to be the one to smack some sense into the villains, but now I'm convinced it's going to have to be the opposite.

Ok, I've calmed down. Talked with some people, and analyzed the entire thing. While I'm not going to excuse Ryuko's actions, let's look at the situation logically.

Ryuko started the series with a firm idea of who she is, where she came from, and what she had to do. Get revenge for her Dad so she can get some closure. The problem is, things got more complicated for her as the series went one; first she finds out that her Dad made some super powered Sailor outfit, and after thinking who her target was for so long, she finds out it was someone else entirely who killed her Dad and also finds out that she risks killing herself should she let her emotions get the better of her. She gets over the emotions part, but then gets savagely beaten as a ploy and nearly lost Senketsu as a result, yea she put him back but that's not the point, the point is she was exploited and beaten down. So then she finds out that her Dad had intended Ryuko to be a "savior" of some kind and lead an entire organization, she's distraught understandably, but gets over it. And finally, two people who she thought were her enemies end up being her sister and mother respectively, on top of finding out that she's technically not completely human.

Everything Ryuko was led to believe was a lie, that's why she keeps losing her way, because she doesn't know what her way is anymore. I feel the series is less about Ryuko kicking ass and showing the villains what for, and more about finding out more about herself and coming to terms with it. 

There...I made today's episode somewhat more bearable for myself.

...I'll just continue to like Ryuko over here secretly then. :c

I think the only character I expressively dislike is Ragyo but that's because she's probably created with the intent of people disliking her, so...