Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

You know what I would like for the Demoman update? The TNT, like the old trailers had. Screw sticky bombs, I want to throw sticks of explosives at people, only to have them explode and make MORE explosions.

Ah, yeah, that would be great.

Compleatly 100% with you on that. There was a mod for TF2 where you can use that, it's one mini explosion followed by 6 other mini explosions. I'm hopping it's the replacement for the Demomans secondary weapon. I'd also like to see some proxy mines (But mabey both as secondary weapons so that you can't have both, otherwise it would be a bit impractical)

I'm hopping it's the replacement for the Demomans secondary weapon.

That'd be quite a downgrade from the stickybomb launcher. It's one of the best weapons in the game if you know how to use it correctly as the demoman, despite being classified as defensive, is one of the strongest offensive classes (especially with a kritzkrieg).

We pyros learn... we evolve... But I did do against a couple Spys that had those. They love them so much that they tried to shoot from cover. Instead of taken the main path, I sometimes take alternative path and light them up. Otherwise, everything that's not my color goes on my grocery list for the Barbecue.

I will say that it's more of a challenge to get them though. It's almost as annoying as a Scout with a Force-A-Nature.

Don't let anyone tell you differently Yoshi you are a KICK ASS Pyro and I can personally vouch for that - being I'm your medic XDD

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that if you can get on someone with the shotgun from far off as a Pyro, sometimes they'll freak out and start running for you. If you can't take 'em out with the shotgun, then it's as simple as dodging and coming back at them with the flamethrower. The only problem is that if a Heavy freaks out, and he has minigun ammo, you just gotta knock it off and run like hell. The axe also works better on unsuspecting enemies too. The flamethrower can allow them to run if they're a Scout or something, but only a few chops with the axe in surprise is easier to kill them without any damage or them even knowing what's going on.

I'm still better taking out Pyros though. :D

Behold, the TF2 Crossword has arrived.

Oh that is the most awesome thing ever.

Edited by Galaxy Man

Behold, the TF2 Crossword has arrived.

I love how the update for that is supposed to be written by the Soldier.

This is the problem with today's youth, if you ask me. Spending all their time devising clever boxy word puzzles instead of doing something constructive, like pushups, or jumping on a live grenade, or sitting in a foxhole cradling a man in your arms and watching the blood run out of him and the life drain from his eyes, or sit-ups.
Valve has an awesome sense of humor.

Speaking of the Soldier, I hear a lot of people saying they think he'll be updated next for whatever reason, but since I've also heard they update according to who is least played, I think the Demoman would be next.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else think the Ambassador is a complete pain in the ass? It's kind of ridiculous to see a Spy backstab two people, and then SNIPE someone with such ease. Even if they notice him, his shots come out so quickly and it's made him a better direct fighter than he should be. The regular revolver doesn't have anything on this thing.

On another unrelated note, I've joined the TSS Steam Group, for anyone who gives a damn.

Speaking of the Soldier, I hear a lot of people saying they think he'll be updated next for whatever reason, but since I've also heard they update according to who is least played, I think the Demoman would be next.

Wrong order - the Soldier is played less than Demoman. The Demoman is widely considered the strongest offensive class despite being classified as a defensive one.

Wrong order - the Soldier is played less than Demoman. The Demoman is widely considered the strongest offensive class despite being classified as a defensive one.

Oh. My mistake. I was basing it off of the Valve chart that has the total playtime of all classes, which shows that the Soldier just barely has more hours(between 6/6/09 and 6/13/09). I figured that's what Valve's been going by, since they made the chart.

And yeah, the Demoman is a good offensive class. Not in my hands, mind you, but I'd say I see him playing offense much more than defense(much like the Hoovy).

Also, I took these when playing 2fort insta-spawn(yeah yeah, I know. It's the only thing busy at 4 in the morning).

SpyCrab1.jpg

And Ambassador is credit to team.

Cheapassambassadoriscredittoteam.jpg

I accumulated a total of 45 points in one life as a Spy, and I was only able to do it because whenever I fell too deep in shit, I was able to just headshot my way out of everything. I backstabbed a Pyro, a Scoot and then headshotted another Spy- just before out-sniping a Sniper who was focusing on me. I swear to god this gun is so ridiculous that it can magically make a FailSpy like me perform well.

Edited by Venom

If the soldier update is next, what new weapon unlocks would you guys like to see?

The soldier is a bit of a hard class to give new weapons to. You could go down a realistic route and give him something like a assult rifle but that just wouldn't give him crazyness. The rocket launcher replacement would need to be something simmilar but the Shotgun usually ends up being something compleatly weird.

Oh. My mistake. I was basing it off of the Valve chart that has the total playtime of all classes, which shows that the Soldier just barely has more hours(between 6/6/09 and 6/13/09). I figured that's what Valve's been going by, since they made the chart.

I was going mostly from what I've seen on the cluster of servers I frequent - I wasn't even aware Valve had a public chart regarding playtime. But if the Soldier and the Demoman are really as close as they are there, I guess the development team will just pick one of them at random and run with it. The Engineer will be the last class updated though, no doubt.

The Soldier should get a shovel cannon. 8D

Give him a wooden shovel. Gets crits more often but gives out less damage. And his taunt could have him starts swinging it wildly killing everything it makes contact with. And make a Rocket Launcher with a scope that has less splash damage but travels faster and has some SERIOUS FUCKING KNOCKBACK LIKE 50 FEET MAN.

Also we need to give him an AK-47. He dosen't seem to be a shotgun kind of guy.

Give him a wooden shovel. Gets crits more often but gives out less damage. And his taunt could have him starts swinging it wildly killing everything it makes contact with. And make a Rocket Launcher with a scope that has less splash damage but travels faster and has some SERIOUS FUCKING KNOCKBACK LIKE 50 FEET MAN.

Also we need to give him an AK-47. He dosen't seem to be a shotgun kind of guy.

I like the rocket launcher idea, a huge knockback with less damage sounds like a cool idea. However, I still think that giving him an assult rifle just doesn't feel right, I think he could get away with something like a WWII BAR like gun (With Bayonet for taunt kill) and in terms of a shovel replacement... Replace it with his rocket launcher, so he's now got a huge bat which is powerful but takes forever to swing.

and in terms of a shovel replacement... Replace it with his rocket launcher, so he's now got a huge bat which is powerful but takes forever to swing.

Holy shit man. That's genus. That's so fucking badass call Valve RIGHT NOW.

"Oh look, i'm out of rockets."

"Ah, zen you are min- What the-?!"

*Soldier buries Rocket Launcher in Spy skull.*

Oh yeah that would be cool

Solider would need some gnarly unlocks to make me change from the defaults. It's a pretty gnarly class already.

Maybe i'd use a shovel replacement, but to shotgun/rocket launcher combo is too good

PS: my spy unlocks are bugged. I have milestone 3 but not a single weapon. :(

I was going mostly from what I've seen on the cluster of servers I frequent - I wasn't even aware Valve had a public chart regarding playtime. But if the Soldier and the Demoman are really as close as they are there, I guess the development team will just pick one of them at random and run with it. The Engineer will be the last class updated though, no doubt.

The Soldier should get a shovel cannon. 8D

I personally see more Soldiers than I do Demomen on the servers I play. But there's always the possibility they'll do a double update again, or choose the next class by other means. And if they do pick the least played, there's still the chance they got that information from a different chart that was made at a different time with different results, so I think we'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, I'm wondering if the Soldier will have an update like the earlier classes with three new weapons, each replacing the primary, secondary and melee weapons respectively, or like the Sniper and Spy, who get new primary weapons but two other items being put in the same slot.

In any case, I'm thinking he'll have at least one new weapon that's nothing like an existing one. I'm not going to bother predicting what that could be though, because honestly, would anyone here have been able to predict Bonk Atomic Punch, or Jarate, or the Sandvich? Those serve as a reminder as to just how many possibilities there are. I will say that I think whatever they have in store for the Soldier will reflect some of his most important quirks, i.e, that he is the American war-hero archetype taken to a new extreme, or that he's batshit crazy.

In unrelated news, there's this awesome

This guy's amazing. Check it out, check-it-outters.

Huh. Escape from the City makes surprisingly good montage music. Edited by Mantyke

Anybody seen this yet? I loved it and it made me want to buy this game instantly.

Edited by Shade737

Anybody seen this yet? I loved it and it made me want to buy this game instantly.

Seen it? It's on the game's official blog. Pretty frickin' epic.

Seen it? It's on the game's official blog. Pretty frickin' epic.

Oh.....well yea its pretty epic. I have to keep more track on the blog then.

I see your video and raise it with the best dupe ever.

Alright I just wanted to post this up. It's too awesome not to. Seriously spread the wealth and such.

I see your video and raise it with the best dupe ever.

Alright I just wanted to post this up. It's too awesome not to. Seriously spread the wealth and such.

Yeah, that one is pretty good too.

Another good one.

Yeah, that one is pretty good too.

Another good one.

Fitting music there too. All it needs is to be black and white and have some monocles and top hats edited in and it would be the best TF2 montage I've seen.

Valve has released an update to something with big words and things that I don't understand. XD

Apparently they released the files for the official maps, meaning that you can start making a new map from scratch or use an existing official map and edit it to make your own. That's a great idea really, lets beginner map makers use a base instead of trying to figure out everything from a blank template.

I need the PC version, i'm just not sure if my computer will run it is all. D:

can you play half life 2/any other game built on the source engine?

if Yes then you too could be playing TF2!