Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

Double-update? I suspect the Spy and the Sniper will be fighting over the next two days. Holy hell, who saw that coming?

Edited by Soma Cruz

lmao@crab kit

Changes your Skeleton! Excruciatingly painful but worth it!

anyway, I suspect a double update!!!

I had no idea we'd have a scout/spy combo :D What a wonderful suprise. ^_^

Holy hell, who saw that coming?

I did. As soon as they started rolling out class updates, I knew that the sniper/spy updates would have to arrive together, or at least with another class update, simply because TF2 is next to impossible to play with a team full of snipers or spies.

That video was totally fucking sweet. Valve will have to pull all the stops out with Meet the Medic/Pyro to top that.

At least the Spy's ambiguous nationality has been revealed. Possibly...

At least the Spy's ambiguous nationality has been revealed. Possibly...

We already knew he was French.

That video is extremely well done. It's very easy to see they've got a lot more experience since making the Left 4 Dead intro cinematic.

By far the best "Meet the" video, so theatrical, it was brilliant, the music, way it was acted. :D

Edited by BlueFox

That was brilliant! Not just the animation but the story itself. It was the dude that you least expected it to be, but when you think about it, it made more sense for the Scout to be the Spy than the Heavy or the Soldier. Fiddling with the butterfly knife to cover himself up and how else would he be able to go all the way with the Scout's Mom? By killing the Scout. Spy being the smooth dude that he is probably was the Medic when he killed him. Scout's Mom was sad, he comfort her and example 'A' happened. :P As to why he killed the Sniper... just for freaking fun.

Seriously, if Valve wanted, they could make a movie.

Edited by YoshiUnity

I knew it was him from the beginning. With the code as simple as 1111, there was no way the scout wouldn't have been able to get in without being the spy. Elementary.

I knew it was him from the beginning. With the code as simple as 1111, there was no way the scout wouldn't have been able to get in without being the spy. Elementary.

That wasn't the code. XD

The Heavy broke thorugh the door before they could even put the password in.

That was great, I want Meet the Pyro now plz

That wasn't the code. XD

That was great, I want Meet the Pyro now plz

Watch the video again. The door was broken after the full code was entered as the soldier was fairly certain it was the correct code (judging by his tone of voice at the end of it).

I reeeeally want to play. But it looks hard T___T and I've never played before.

I love the videos, character designs etc. I like their mouths lol.

Edited by Mollfie

"No, that would be your mother!"

156zfpc.gif

Valve is GREAT with emotions. I love how the Scout's eyes just bulge out. XD

Hard? Absolutely not.

TF2 is the most newbie friendly multiplayer game I've ever seen. It's perfectly balanced, and each class has radically different gameplay so everyone can pick a style they like.

Perhaps try starting with a medic? Partner with other classes and learn how they play while you do your healing thingy. Even if you don't know how to be a proficient medic, just the act of restoring health will make you credit to team. Then move onto whatever class you like the most. Give it a week or two and you'll be a decent player already.

Also there's a bunch of how-to tutorial videos at youtube where they explain pros and cons, what to do and what to avoid for each class. Might be a little outdated with the new weapons, but still great to start with.

The game is surprisingly easy to pick up if you've played other FPS games on the PC. If you know the controls, you're set to start it. Like the user above me said the Medic is a good class for beginners because even a bad Medic is a credit to his team by healing his teammates. The Soldier is also a straightforward class: easy to learn, hard to master. He's basic enough for beginners to work with but his trickier moves like juggling and rocket jumping need some practice. Heavy's also not a bad choice, if you don't care for aiming.
"That sounds like the combination an idiot would have on his luggage!"

That wasn't the code. XD

I thought it was the code, because the Soldier sounded like he had one of those "EUREKA" moments. Edited by Venom

I thought it was the code, because the Soldier sounded like he had one of those "EUREKA" moments.

You know, I don't even remember there being a DOOR there.

Really... There isn't even a door there in the game, and there are TWO ways in. It's a lil' odd seeing a door where there was a large hallway before.

Presume that the door has already been blown open by the time you join the server. :9

Unless, that's a new map variation!?

I'm thinking the door was just put there so for the sake of the video- like the sniper tower in Meet the Sniper.

Sniper/Spy update Day 5:

It's now time to Meet the Spy... officially

The Video link contains the new Spy achivements and Valves own special litte achivement.

ValveFail.jpg

Edited by BlueFox

They made "FYI I am a Spy an Achievement? Cool.

The HD alert board is also full of win. "Found Dracula"? WTF?

Also, "Is a woman", more hints on the Pyro's gender?

It also says "Is a man" and "Is a robot". I think they're just fueling the theories in the TF2 forums- it's their idea of a joke.

The "Found Dracula" and "Lost Dracula" thing is awesome too.

I also like how before you watch the video, it says "Act Surprised".