Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

I think the idea of random drops is good, as it has removed the tie between achievements and unlocks.

However, I think the execution has been nothing short of retarded. I've got so many duplicates it's not even funny. I've 2 razorbacks and I rarely play Sniper. I don't think I've ever wanted a jar filled with piss as much as I do right now... )=

I don't think I've ever wanted a jar filled with piss as much as I do right now... )=
Quote of the day right here.

But yeah, I'd certainly like to get my hands on that Jarate. By the way, the dead ringer is quite possibly the most awesome unlock to date. I mean, it's like ten times more fun to use than the normal watch.

You could give the Spy a knife that holds onto the enemy bodies and uses them as a shield to escape rough situations. You uncloak behind a Sniper just as a Medic comes 'round? Backstab the Sniper, turn around, block the stringe fire from the Medic, run away, drop the body and re-cloak to live another day.

You could give the Spy a knife that holds onto the enemy bodies and uses them as a shield to escape rough situations. You uncloak behind a Sniper just as a Medic comes 'round? Backstab the Sniper, turn around, block the stringe fire from the Medic, run away, drop the body and re-cloak to live another day.
I personally think a simple throwing knife would've been a lot more subtle.

You could give the Spy a knife that holds onto the enemy bodies and uses them as a shield to escape rough situations.
Remind me to never invite you to my house. o_0

Finally got my Jarate this morning, after nearly 2 whole days without any unlocks whatsoe'er. =(

This is possibly the most entertaining weapon ever conceived.

The milestones are back. It's quite nice to have those back (As I now have enough Bonkaid and Sandviches to fuel a rather large picnic) whilst still keeping the random pickup. I've finally got a go with the Huntsman and I am loving it. However, just a minor flaw, with it on the left hand side of the screen, I find it really dodgy. Is there a skin out there able to flip it for me, or will I have to attempt to make my own (Time to fail).

I personally think a simple throwing knife would've been a lot more subtle.

Well, I guess, but it's not really the Spy's style. He's meant to get up close and kill someone, only to get away and freak everyone out. A throwing knife would make him more like a long range fighter, and he's not. Where as a knife that could allow him to use the bodies as a shield would allow him to get away from a backstab near a group, and keep his... charm, you could say.

Remind me to never invite you to my house. o_0

... D:

Why you gotta be uncool man?

Why you gotta be uncool?

A throwing knife would make him more like a long range fighter, and he's not.
The Revolver says Hi!

Here's a hints bros- if there's a pyro charging you a knife isn't going to do so well

... D:

Why you gotta be uncool man?

Why you gotta be uncool?

Nothing personal, the concept was just... disturbing.

The Revolver says Hi!

Here's a hints bros- if there's a pyro charging you a knife isn't going to do so well

Yeah, but if you're being chased by a Pyro, by the time you get a good few shots in, you are on fire. The revolver isn't as handy as the knife, and unless you're running for dear life, it's not gonna be something you use often.

And you'd have a better chance cloaking, and then wating for the Pyro to calm down or slip up and backstabbing that bitch from here to Africa.

Nothing personal, the concept was just... disturbing.

It's an actual war tactic. A dead body is only good for so much, why not use it to block some bullets? He won't mind.

And it's a video game. I mean really.

Revolver is a severly underestimated weapon, a pyro will die in 3-4 regular revolver shots, or a crit shot and a normal one, provided you're not right in front of him, you'll win.

I don't fancy taking my chances in sneakin around the back of a pyro, unless I'm already behind them. It's one of the biggest risks in the game.

Revolver is a severly underestimated weapon, a pyro will die in 3-4 regular revolver shots, or a crit shot and a normal one, provided you're not right in front of him, you'll win.

I don't fancy taking my chances in sneakin around the back of a pyro, unless I'm already behind them. It's one of the biggest risks in the game.

Yeah, but the Pyro also runs faster than you. If you can get the shots in, great, but chances are he'll also be blasting you with a shotgun, or you're in range of his flamethrower. It's an underestimated weapon, but that dosen't mean that the Spy is a long range class. Unless you are after one guy away from everyone else, long range is much more dangerous.

Yeah, but the Pyro also runs faster than you. If you can get the shots in, great, but chances are he'll also be blasting you with a shotgun, or you're in range of his flamethrower.
This'd be true if Pyros weren't all freaking idiots, haha. Trust me, at range 9/10 pyros will lose to revolver. Even if he lights you a little, you'll be able to get away.

I agree that the Spy is not a long range assualt class, but the revolver should definitely be considered in long range confrontations against pyros, and the other faster, low health classes.

Used to be good for destroying sentries while sapping them, too, but they patched that now.

I agree that the Spy is not a long range assualt class, but the revolver should definitely be considered in long range confrontations against pyros, and the other faster, low health classes.

Well yeah. I mean, you can't cut someone when they're a few yards away can ya? The problem is that if you're like me, while shooting 'em you bump right up into a Heavy and then everything goes to hell. XD

This'd be true if Pyros weren't all freaking idiots, haha.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

It's on now mother****er. Meet me at the field of honor today at 6 o'clock. Bring your own banjo. Safety not guaranteed.

Edited by Dobkeratops

This'd be true if Pyros weren't all freaking idiots, haha. Trust me, at range 9/10 pyros will lose to revolver. Even if he lights you a little, you'll be able to get away.

You haven't played the game on the servers I have - they've very competitive. Tactics like this would rarely work against a pyro there. (:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

It's on now mother****er. Meet me at the field of honor today at 6 o'clock. Bring your own banjo. Safety not guaranteed.

curseofmonkeyislandguyb.jpg

I'm ready.

You haven't played the game on the servers I have - they've very competitive. Tactics like this would rarely work against a pyro there. (:

So the better option is to not shoot them? :(

Due to being in the US recently I haven't had the chance to play, I dunno if they've got better since the Spy update but whatever.

And if they get the shotgun out you can just cloak and run, or use the dead ringer! Spy is all about adaptation

And if they get the shotgun out you can just cloak and run, or use the dead ringer! Spy is all about adaptation

A good pyro won't leave you the option to escape.

Because you would be dead.

A good pyro won't leave you the option to escape.

Because you would be dead.

Neither would a good Spy.

Or a good Engineer.

Or a good Scout.

Or a good any class ever.

Pyros have a bad habit of ignoring their back, once they think you are gone, best time to stab them.

I agree that the Spy is not a long range assault class, but the revolver should definitely be considered in long range confrontations against pyros, and the other faster, low health classes.

Used to be good for destroying sentries while sapping them, too, but they patched that now.

Team_Fortress_2__The_Pyro_by_RevDenton.jpg

ERRRRRR MMRPFF! >8(0

We pyros learn... we evolve... But I did do against a couple Spys that had those. They love them so much that they tried to shoot from cover. Instead of taken the main path, I sometimes take alternative path and light them up. Otherwise, everything that's not my color goes on my grocery list for the Barbecue.

I will say that it's more of a challenge to get them though. It's almost as annoying as a Scout with a Force-A-Nature.

Dead Ringer is so useless against a flamethrower. Even if the pyro stopped firing the very split second the Spy "dies", the natural falloff of the weapon would still catch their silhouettes on fire. And you can't attack while cloaked.

Picture this: you've sneaked past the enemy lines, sapped a few teleports and successfully fooled everyone with your clever disguise. Butterfly knife in hand, you're ready to swiftly murder all those unsuspecting classes on an unstoppable orgy of backstabbing.

Suddenly, your body is engulfed by flames. Horrified, you turn back only to see a faceless psycho charging towards you. As you're burning, you know this being, this creature of unknown gender, this demoniacal entity won't stop until your inevitable demise, and s/he is getting closer.

Then, a rusted, spiked axe appears on its hands.

herespyro1.jpg

So many times has that happened,

The flames ignight, your compleatly vunerable, the only chance of escape is to run to the heath, turn invisible and get out of there immediatly.

P.S. Creating your own TF2 skins is really easy, anyone want anything?

Edited by BlueFox

if you're ambushd by a pyro you're fucked.

if they charge from outside immediate flamethrower range you can win. You guys must be bad at spy

if you're ambushd by a pyro you're fucked.

if they charge from outside immediate flamethrower range you can win. You guys must be bad at spy

Really.

Pyro is the class most newbs choose because he's OMGFLAMETHROWER. The few good Pyros are more of the ambush type, waiting for you to come around just the wrong corner. But if you see the dick running straight for you wasting ammo because he doesn't understand the concept of the flames only going a few feet, It only takes a few blasts with the shotgun to take 'em out.

Anyways,

You know what I would like for the Demoman update? The TNT, like the old trailers had. Screw sticky bombs, I want to throw sticks of explosives at people, only to have them explode and make MORE explosions.

Ah, yeah, that would be great.