Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

I thank Microsoft for the Xbox One.

Without it, we wouldn't have so many awesome gifs. Keep it up with the great work guys.

That thing is kinda hilarious, but I also wonder why a Wii U option wasn't part of the vote :S

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so gamespot have been running this tweet thing, you tweet if you're going to back Sony or Microsoft... the blue areas represent Sony, the green microsoft, the white is 'undecided/neutral/no votes.' This has been live since the moment the conference ended last night.

Here is what it currently looks like.

2YBIu.jpg

I welcome our new overlords.

I just read that the new Xbox controller takes in 2x AA batteries. LOL. You gotta be kidding.

That thing is kinda hilarious, but I also wonder why a Wii U option wasn't part of the vote :S

Because Wii U represents the giant white background, due to nobody liking or hating it enough right now because Xbox One is such a piece of shit.

I thank Microsoft for the Xbox One.

Without it, we wouldn't have so many awesome gifs. Keep it up with the great work guys.

Right? And E3 is still several weeks away. Damn.

Goddamn Nicaragua.

And Fuckin' Sri Lanka

Edited by turbojet

Major Nelson is currently doing a live chat via yahoo...

And he's dodging almost EVERY question. I can't view it myself due to an issue my laptop has with flash (it crashes it for some reason).

Heres a few questions that were highlighted at gaf.

Larry, could you please provide some more clarity as to how users will be able to play used games on the Xbox One?

Quote:
Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): We are still months away from the launch of Xbox One & policy decisions are still being finalized.

How long ago where you talking about xbox one within the xbox team?

Quote:
Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): We've been thinking about Xbox One for a few years now.

Could you clarify the situation regarding multiple accounts on ONE console. My boyfriend and I both have our own accounts. Will we be made to pay twice for 1 game in order for us both to use our own accounts?

Quote:
Major Nelson (Larry Hryb): As I noted earlier we're still working on some of the policies..but our goal is that it would work like it works today on Xbox 360.

Major,why do you think gamers should buy XboxOne?

Quote:
Today's gamers want access to great games...the Xbox One will have great games powered by Xbox LIVE. We've worked hard to create the ultimate All In One Console. BTW : We have a LOT more gaming news to share at E3 :)

A question a lot of you are asking: What's behind the name "Xbox One," and how did you convince the entire world that it was going to be called the Xbox 720?

Quote:
Xbox One because it is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system. As far 720 is concerned...that was a name the community came up with. We never considered that name.

Mr.Hyrb what do you believe separates the xbox one from the ps4 gaming related

Quote:
Well, Xbox LIVE for one. We're very proud of the service that we've built. 48 Million people agree with us. That is just one of the things. Now, I have not had a chance to spend time with the console, so we'll have to wait until their final product launches before I can really comment.

Hi Larry. There seems to be some confusion in the media on how frequently users must connect to the internet to use the Xbox One. Will this be as frequent as once a day as rumored or will we be able to use the console for extended periods of time without an active connection? Thank you.

Quote:
Answer: No. It does not have to be always connected but it does require an internet connection.

What are Microsoft doing to welcome smaller, independent developers to the Xbox One?

Quote:
We're working on a plan for Xbox One is a platform that allows all creators, including those who work on games and apps, regardless of team size, funding, biz model, etc. to be a part of the future of Xbox One.

How expensive is this system gonna be

Quote:
We have not announced price yet...look for details on that later this year.

Will there be headset bundled with every Xbox One?

Quote:
We'll have details on accessories at E3...it's only 18 days away now.

Which areas of the Xbox One will you be focusing on at your E3 presentation?

Quote:
Games. Games. GAMES :)

Hey Larry, you wanted to share with us the controller. Can you maybe list some of the awesome things that you have updated in it. Also what are the two buttons where "start" and "back" used to be. Lastly, how does the new battery pack work?

Quote:
The new controller is awesome I have spent a lot of time with it. If you like the Xbox 360 controller, you'll LOVE this controller. We have made over 40 improvements in the new design.

Regarding the Start and Back buttons, they'll perform similar functions but right now we don't have final names for them yet.

The controller takes 2 AA batteries. More details at E3

How about My achievements earned on the 360, will they be visible on the one?

Quote:
Yes your achievements and Gamerscore will carry over to Xbox One.

hey larry, will there be any support for 3d or 4k?

Quote:
Indeed. Xbox One supports BOTH 3-D and 4K.

Simple question. Can I opt to exclusively use the controller and NOT Kinect?

Quote:
As always, that is a decision up to game creators.

What's the word on backwards compatibility with 360 games?

Quote:
Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games. Games are architected to take full advantage of the state of the art processors and infinite power of the cloud.

Does the new Kinect handle smaller rooms better than the Kinect 360?

Quote:
It does. It has a much wider field of view which will allow it work in smaller spaces.

2YBIu.jpg

DAAAAMN! Sony has won. Wow.

If you squint your eyes and look very carefully, it looks like the Xbox One does have some support. I'm assuming that one Green area in the left is Honduras and/or Nicaragua.

I wonder what the other bits are.

Edited by McGroose

If you squint your eyes and look very carefully, it looks like the Xbox One does have some support. I'm assuming that one Green area in the left is Honduras and/or Nicaragua.

It's Nicaragua. If you look in the Indian Ocean, you will also see Sri Lanka.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I saw the green parts...but the entire WORLD pretty much wants a PS4. LOL! E3 is MS's saving grace...if they don't do ANY damage control then the war is over before its started.

Edited by KrazyBean

It's Nicaragua. If you look in the Indian Ocean, you will also see Sri Lanka.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Does anyone know what that green bit in Europe is? If you can find it anyway.

It is in Eastern Europe. It'd probably be a new country next week so don't bother.

EDIT: It's Albania. That was rude of me.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Couple of omre thoughts from me then, based on that Q&A.

The idea of Kinect working in a smaller room, but for more people, is good and practical.

But AA batteries in the controller? WHY? Why go backwards like that?

Also, all this stuff about policies not being finalised just screams "Shit, we've been rumbled".

Two AA batteries? What is this, the fucking early days of the Wii?

Those 300,000 servers and 5 billion transistors won't pay for themselves!

OFFICIAL XBOX ONE POWER CHARGER $99!

Is it really that surprising? the 360 did that too.

Well seeing as everything and their mother is charged nowadays, it's just a little surprising that the Xbox One controller still takes batteries.

My guess is it's so they can charge a fuckton for play and charge kits that break all the time again.

Is it really that surprising? the 360 did that too.

Yeah, back in 2000 and fucking 5. That's going to make the controller larger, heavier and ultimately more expensive than it need be. Sony got in right with the PS3 and so did third-parties, while Nintendo followed suit with the Wii U.

Damn, Microsoft. Archaic, much?

There's only one reason they did it, and it's the same reason they did it in 2005: Money.

There will be a seperate recharge pack that has a ridiculous price, but because it's more convinient, people will get suckered into anyways.

Same with XBLA Gold.

and the Wi-Fi adapter for the launch model.

Microsoft will do everything they can to make your wallet cry.

I have to pay for online, pay extra to play second hand games, now I still have to pay to charge the damn controllers?

and the Wi-Fi adapter for the launch model.

Microsoft will do everything they can to make your wallet cry.

...SO how long til they confirm it requires a wired connection? @_@