Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Reggie is technically a peripheral to Nintendo's marketing.

Okay yeah that was a terrible stretch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I COULD see Fire Emblem get a third rep because the series is quite expansive. I kinda doubt Ike will stick around, though. If they were to add more one more character, I'd think they would replace Ike with Chrom and maybe adding Anna as a third, since she appears in like every game in the series.

I seriously wonder, if not for Wii Fit Trainer being the troll character, would Reggie taking that place settled better for anyone else, you know, if he was in anyway.I mean does Reggie being in REALLY turn you guys off that much? I honestly love that kind of wackiness that Smash brings to the table. It's so unique.

Edited by Xemnas

Wii Fit Trainer's not a troll character. Her inclusion in Smash Bros makes perfect sense, it's just nobody ever considered her because well, nobody ever really looked at Wii Fit and said "Wow! I wish I could play as the trainer in Smash Bros! "

I honestly don't know why people keep saying this.

She was the main character (or Trainer) in Wii Fit
Wii Fit was a Nintendo IP
It also sold over 20 million last time iirc
Most importantly, she's a video game character

Like I said in the other post, give me three reasons why besides "Cause it'd be funny lol!" as to why Reggie would even be a good consideration for Smash 4.

But, ignoring that for a second,

There's no new daily pic today. So this almost pretty much guarantees a new character reveal in today's Nintendo Direct. I wonder who it is. New characters get new trailers, can't wait.

New pics up. :V

So much for that theory huh?

N-No!

He uploaded the pic 2 hours later than usual

N-New character revealing confirmed!!!!

The pic is obviously a red herring guys!!!

...wait, Red Herring? Sonic confirmed to be revealed for Smash today in the direct, everyone get hyped!!!!!!

Edit: Looking at the picture again, it has a picture of a newcomer from brawl next to Sakurai's baby/possibly fav character. Obviously it's telling us that the revealed character will be a brawl newcomer who was extremely popular.

Sonic is so confirmed that it hurts

Edited by Panda Cero

Yeeeah I don't think so.

On the Miiverse page he said he was just comparing their heights and such. Sure that might be an excuse but, yeah...

Wait a second, Lost World is coming out this year..and then the Nintendo Direct is showcasing games coming out this year-

nopenopenope not getting my hopes up.

I don't know why, but Kirby's appearance looks like it's changed a lot from past games...even though it probably hasn't.

I don't know why, but Kirby's appearance looks like it's changed a lot from past games...even though it probably hasn't.

He definitely looks a lot brighter; it's really noticeable in his eyes.  I think the lighting might be doing that to him though.

Also looks like they applied a gradient or something around the white in his eyes.

Edited by Nix

Isn't that his Mario and Luigi series pose?

I swear he's done it before.

EDIT: Talking about the screenshot, by the way.

Edited by Xenos

Well, it's not like anyone expected Luigi not to be there, but I suppose it's nice to have confirmed Green Wonder action. 

Isn't that his Mario and Luigi series pose?

I swear he's done it before.

EDIT: Talking about the screenshot, by the way.

Yuppers.

Luigi_zps7f998062.jpg

Edit: Dammit Solly.

Cool to see Luigi back tho'.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love the way Luigi looks, much like the others, they dialled down the 'realistic' textures while still making it look noticable, and made him look more vibrant, too. This really is the best-looking Smash game yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

And he looks exactly the same from a gameplay perspective.

Kind of a waste.

Yeah we can tell they didn't change anything from the whole 3 moves that they showed.

screen-7.jpg

Lol. I love his screenshots. I hope we get a new stage from Dark Moon, like Secret Mine or King Boo's Illusion. All of the game's stages are full of rooms and gardens that could make for a great and unique stage though.

screen-7.jpg

Lol. I love his screenshots. I hope we get a new stage from Dark Moon, like Secret Mine or King Boo's Illusion. All of the game's stages are full of rooms and gardens that could make for a great and unique stage though.

Donkey looks so fake