Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Best screenshot:

screen-4.jpg

Any screenshot with Luigi in it is automatically a best screenshot

• Thumbs Up 3

Wii Fit Trainer's not a troll character. Her inclusion in Smash Bros makes perfect sense, it's just nobody ever considered her because well, nobody ever really looked at Wii Fit and said "Wow! I wish I could play as the trainer in Smash Bros! " I honestly don't know why people keep saying this. She was the main character (or Trainer) in Wii Fit Wii Fit was a Nintendo IP It also sold over 20 million last time iirc Most importantly, she's a video game character Like I said in the other post, give me three reasons why besides "Cause it'd be funny lol!" as to why Reggie would even be a good consideration for Smash 4. But, ignoring that for a second, There's no new daily pic today. So this almost pretty much guarantees a new character reveal in today's Nintendo Direct. I wonder who it is. New characters get new trailers, can't wait.
1. He's a popular icon of Nintendo at this point 2. It would just further the wacky roster that smash bros. has been known feature 3. I think it would be awesome if he could incorporate Nintendo handhelds and consoles into his moveset. Like maybe he could just the nunchuks as well nunchuks, Gamepad could be used just to wack opponents, etc. if they could, seeing the Nes somehow implemented would be awesome! I'm not gonna whine if he's not in, but to say there would be nothing interesting gained from his inclusion I will disagree with. I just don't see this as a horrible choice.

1. He's a popular icon of Nintendo at this point 2. It would just further the wacky roster that smash bros. has been known feature 3. I think it would be awesome if he could incorporate Nintendo handhelds and consoles into his moveset. Like maybe he could just the nunchuks as well nunchuks, Gamepad could be used just to wack opponents, etc. if they could, seeing the Nes somehow implemented would be awesome! I'm not gonna whine if he's not in, but to say there would be nothing interesting gained from his inclusion I will disagree with. I just don't see this as a horrible choice.

I can think of a moveset for him so it isn't impossible for him to be playable. Besides didn't Sakurai say that he prefers characters without a fighting background?

main.png

On a side note, can someone tell me just what this pose is supposed to be? It's been in every game since Melee, and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

WKhS3Rf.jpg

Is it completely out of line to have ALTTP Link replace Toon Link? In gameplay, they're kind of similar but different art style wise. Since we saw Toon Link as a background drop, people speculate he won't be returning.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldnt mind actually, with the whole ALTTP game going on, he looks pretty much like classic Link, wich is similar to Toon Links clothing if you could say it (brown sleeves and all) just not as "toon". Plus it could have that "turn into a drawing" move incorporated into its moveset.

I seriously cant believe they couldnt make a different moveset to Toon Link or Young Link, Link has so many weapons that it couldve been used to change the moveset (for example: slingshot, deku seeds, heck even the beetle from SkywardSword.

At best, I see ALTTP getting a stage in the 3DS version. Although that might be unlikely now that I think about it, since we already have Ocarina and Spirit Tracks being represented.

For link, is it just me who thinks that his charged A smashes with his sword should make a skyward strike sort of beam shoot out for a short distance? It'd help balance the combat/missile structure, of course have it so that it hurts more to get hit by the sword, just a thought I had to include Links latest game

Best screenshot:

screen-4.jpg

A combination of Luigi's taunt, Olimar's Pikmin toss, and Villager's tree-cutting attack.

It's awesome what scenarios can be made with just the right combination of moves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I'm totally fine with Luigi's current moveset. The only thing I would like to see is a move that utilizes the Poltergust in some way. It could act as the opposite of Mario's Fludd, where instead of pushing opponents away, it pulls them in. It could also work for items, too, but as I said, I'm fine with what Luigi's got.

From the looks of it they didn't change much, which sucks. I was really hoping they'd bring in some stuff from Luigi's Mansion...but then again we haven't seen his full moveset yet. If they ended up not doing anything I sure hope this doesn't foreshadow to more clones in the game, seriously it needs to stop here.

Edited by Enderwoman

From the looks of it they didn't change much, which sucks. I was really hoping they'd bring in some stuff from Luigi's Mansion...but then again we haven't seen his full moveset yet. If they ended up not doing anything I sure hope this doesn't foreshadow to more clones in the game, seriously it needs to stop here.

Luigi really plays differently enough to not be considered a clone, between all of his original normals and a recovery that functionally has more in common with Ike's than it does Mario's.

It'd be nice to have some new stuff, though. Sakurai's interpretation of Luigi has always been weird to me. I'm hoping for at least a different Final Smash.

Luigi really plays differently enough to not be considered a clone, between all of his original normals and a recovery that functionally has more in common with Ike's than it does Mario's.

It'd be nice to have some new stuff, though. Sakurai's interpretation of Luigi has always been weird to me. I'm hoping for at least a different Final Smash.

Maybe something referencing Dream Team?

I think Mario's down special should be of FLUDD's hover, rocket, or jet nozzles instead. I am pretty sure they could be pretty interesting.(I hope the hover nozzle gets in)

IIRC all his arial attacks, his neutral B, Up B and throws are pretty much the same as Mario. Even with all the altered attacks he never really felt that distinct from Mario to me.

Edited by Enderwoman

IIRC all his arial attacks, his neutral special, and Up B are pretty much the same as Mario. Even with all the altered attacks he never really felt that distinct from Mario to me.

I find those similarities to Mario are what make Luigi...well...Luigi. I like seeing Luigi be his own character and not just "Green Mario", but remember, that "Green Mario" title was one that stuck with him for quite a while. Mario and Luigi have always been fairly similar throughout the Super Mario series, and I like how that is translated into Smash by having Luigi borrow a few moves from Mario. Would it be great if Luigi got a moveset with no similar moves to Mario? ...Yeah, I guess, but I feel that Luigi's shared moves just work for who he is.

Luigi is the only character who I feel has the right to share a few moves moves with another character, particularly Mario. 

Edited by EarthwOrm Jim

IIRC all his arial attacks, his neutral B, Up B and throws are pretty much the same as Mario. Even with all the altered attacks he never really felt that distinct from Mario to me.

But his Up special isn't the same. They are only the same in name. Mario's Super Jump Punch goes diagonally and is multi-hit while Luigi's Super Jump Punch goes straight up and is a single hit that can either do massive damage and knockback or do a single point of damage.

Luigi's fireball also defies gravity by staying up in the air while Mario's fireball bounces on the ground so you have two different kinds of projectiles(again the same in name and looks).

Maybe you are playing Luigi in the same mindset as Mario and not utilizing anything that makes the two different.

• Thumbs Up 1

His neutral B doesn't bounce like Mario's, and his down-air doesn't hit more than once or twice. Also, his Up B might be a Super Jump Punch, but he doesn't get any lateral movement forcing him to combine it with his Side B for a more effective recovery.

I'd actually say he might be a bit too different to the point where he doesn't represent his game counterpart as well as Mario does.

Edit: Ninja'd Ninja'd Ninja'd believe it.

Edited by Solly

It's always been speculated that that pose is from Super Mario World. Specifically, it's a reference to how Mario and Luigi fly with the Cape Feather in that game.

Image of the day.

6z4f1v.jpg

Wii Fit trainer showing off what looks like either a new move or taunt. 

You know, with all this talk and attention about the Wii Fit Trainer, I've got one question...will the male Wii Fit Trainer be available as a skin?

Oh yeah, there's a male version of the WFT.

wii-fit-20080207034012466_640w.jpg

Some slightly off-topic questions, but...

- Do you think they are related by any chance?

- Maybe the male WFT will appear as an assist trophy?

- Is there as much R34 of him as the female WFT?

- What does he personally think about all this?

I doubt he would be skin, he's a bit taller and stuff so animations wouldn't really sync up. I could see the girl trainer having his colours as sn alt though.

I can't see him as an assist trophy either really, seems more likely to be a normal trophy and a sticker. He could maybe appear on thr Wii Fit stage too, who knows.

You know, with all this talk and attention about the Wii Fit Trainer, I've got one question...will the male Wii Fit Trainer be available as a skin?

Oh yeah, there's a male version of the WFT.

The term "skin" implies a simple re-texturing of an existing character, much like how Fire Mario is an alternate color for Mario. What you're asking is to have an entirely different model used, which isn't nearly as easy. The male Trainer is taller with a different physique and a broader chest and shoulders, so they couldn't even rig his skeleton to use the same animations without it looking unusual or having clipping issues. I'm of the opinion that characters should have a consistent look and not have other characters as alts. Not to mention they'd have to give him a new voice, so really, it doesn't sound like it's worth all the effort.

Speaking of voices, I wonder if the PAL versions of the game are going to have a different VA for her, like the actual Wii Fit games did.