Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Man, you probably have no idea how sweet that would be! That kind of thing, if it were to happen, would be awesome!

I thought stickers were stupid. An utter waste of space, and if they were to be brought into regular gameplay the entire thing would be broken.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh I'll give the Roster speculation trend a bite right quick since I have nothing to do atm.

So, here's what I think we'll be getting Veteran wise:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
DK
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganon
Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers*
R.O.B.*
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Olimar
Fox
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jiggly*
Marth
Ness
Game & Watch
Sonic

* = I could see them going for whatever reason

Which leaves room for 6 - 9 new characters if we go by the idea that they're sticking to the 35 character roster. We already know of:

Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer

And it's rumored that we'll also be seeing:
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-man

Meaning around 0 - 3 other newcomers we don't know of could be there. Though, I still want to hold on to the belief that Sakurai will be able to squeeze out 5 extra character slots to bring the roster to an even 40, but eh.

Edited by Panda Cero

I thought stickers were stupid. An utter waste of space, and if they were to be brought into regular gameplay the entire thing would be broken.

I actually agree. The stickers as they were in Brawl, they weren't terribly well balanced and honestly weren't even that imaginative, boosting only certain kinds of attacks and resistances and at best, giving you a wieldable weapon at the start of a room. That being said, conceptually it's not actually that far removed from Kid Icarus's power grid, which is something I would never dream of playing the game without. Tweak the buffs associated with the stickers, make them more interesting overall, maybe make them easier to tile with each other, and I'd take it up again in a heartbeat.

Edited by Blacklightning

To each to their own, I guess, but still, I'd personally like to see the stickers out of the Adventure mode. Maybe they were a bit broken, but they could still be something that could be used to "customize" characters some.

Though they could work in them so they will not be game breaking and unfair if they try, but hey.

Other than that, other than Sonic, I do hope Wolf returns (I care not for him being a clone of Fox). Also, MetaKnight (despite being broken some) and King Dedede would be nice. Also, in terms of fighters who were in Melee but were not in Brawl, I would like Mewtwo to return.

Edited by Flamerstreak

I'd really love to see Wolf return as well since he was my main in Brawl, but I'm not holding my breath on it unfortunately. If they had a meeting or something to see who they're keeping and who they're tossing from Brawl, I bet he's near the top for being axed since he didn't have that strong of a presence in the story mode and was basically just another Fox (further away from Falco, but still not as popular probably).

I really hope they keep Game and Watch around though. I'm pretty sure he'll return since he's a pretty iconic staple for the series, but I always thought he was a lot of fun and used him occasionally. 

I hope Zoroark makes the cut for the new Lucario spot, but seems like the new Mewtwo Forme probably has a better chance haha. I kinda hope they finally just get rid of Jigglypuff since it feels like a joke no one is laughing at that's gone on for far too long. That space could be much more interesting Pokemon or another character all together even.

What about the possibility and return of Assist Trophies? Nobody has touched on that idea yet.

If there was one thing that Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion got right (aside from having George Lowe as the narrator - now lets never speak of this game again) was the basis of Synergy Attacks where the fighter in question would produce a different attack with an assist character (think Assist Trophy.) However, the assist character in that game which teams-up with the fighter is not based on chemistry and is nonsensical. With Smash Bros. take for instance, Wario, if he receives either Kat and Ana or Waluigi when he breaks open the Assist Trophy will produce a unique attack that will provide more damage and effect than a normal Attack Trophy standalone effect would produce.

I could see that happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

With Namco working on it I wouldn't be surprised if we see one Namco character. I'm hoping it isn't Pac-Man, but I could understand that...

My personal vote goes for Klonoa, however. Simply because I was denied Sonic versus Klonoa in Project X Zone so I request Smash Bros 4 make up for it!

Won't be surprised if there is no Klonoa since he doesn't exactly make waves, though. I think the rule of third parties is you must actually have some importance to get the all clear from Sakurai... you know, ultimately it's a business move, so it makes sense.

Actually, no, I want to see a Nintendo vs. Sega before that

With how popular the Olympics spinoff is, I'm surprised they haven't considered such a game before... I blame the fact Nintendo overshadows all but one of SEGA's franchises so enormously it's not even funny.

I know it's unlikely, but does anybody think Demise might replace Ganon?

I know it's unlikely, but does anybody think Demise might replace Ganon?

Naw no way, if anything Demise was only made to make Ganon more over-arcing.

Seems far more likely that we could see a new "Skyward Sword" esque design made wholesale for Ganondorf, special for Smash Bros. (kinda sorta like Sheik in Brawl), that draws inspiration from Demise.

• Thumbs Up 4

The Link design is moreso based on the one from the Twilight Princess and by extention the LoZ HD Experience Wii U tech demo we got when they were first showing off the console than Skyward Sword. So I think the Zelda and Ganon designs will just be HD upgrades of their Twilight Princess designs, or based on the HD game that we should be seeing within the coming years

Yeah I was going to say Link's is basically an undated TP look, with a lick of HD paint and a few added details, but he actually does look like the model they used for the Zelda HD tech demo around E3 when the Wii U was just revealed.

Well its a bit hard to say really, I've heard he has some small details taken from SS too. It's hard to judge really considering Link doesn't really change too much in design between games compared to Zelda and Ganondorf.

On the subject of Zelda characters though, what're the thoughts on Sheik returning? By now shes a bit outdated in the series overall history, but at the same time she's a major part of Zelda's character in Smash. So yeah....

On the subject of Zelda characters though, what're the thoughts on Sheik returning? By now shes a bit outdated in the series overall history, but at the same time she's a major part of Zelda's character in Smash. So yeah....

I somewhat doubt they'll change up Sheik, simply because I can't see them change Zeldas design too much to make her more like her SS incarnation.

if they do however, I can well see that instead we get a Zelda/Impa duo in it's place. (where Impa would appear in a puff of smoke and replace Zelda or something) but if anything I am more expecting them to keep Sheik but instead add some of Impas features to her Design.

Sheik'll definitely return, there was no reason to include her in Brawl but they did anyway because she fit well with the game. She'll be back in SSB4 too.

Fair point I guess, the Impa thing would be neat though.

Think we could also see the little harp thing join her moveset? Maybe changing the Final Smadh to that and playing one of the OoT songs to trigger an effect or something? Would mean one less "same but different" Final Smash at least

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see them replacing Sheik with Impa, considering Sheik learned everything from her. 

Curious thing Woun found, regarding multiplayer, but also a ref to SSB

It might be better to just post the Lost World related part in a Lost World thread and the Smash Bros snippet here. 

It might be better to just post the Lost World related part in a Lost World thread and the Smash Bros snippet here. 

tada

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, I think Ryu has had enough Crossover love already.

I would freaking love Simon Belmont to appear as it would be yet one more Captain N crew member, through if he does get it, they should use the red haired version from Castlevania Chronicles since it's the only version of Simon that seems most used. (Simon has had many hair color changes, from brunette to blond to a weird blue-ish color)

Keep the red hair, but not that design.

I assume if he's in, it'll be his original design.

I'd really love to see Wolf return as well since he was my main in Brawl,

>Wolfy

>Wolf

faceWUT.jpg

I bet you like Okami too

Onto the topic of Final Smashes, I was really hoping that everyone would be getting a new final smash. Samus still retaining her old one really disappointed me. Maybe we're getting more than one final smash per character? (unlikely)

I'm sure Sakurai is well aware of the flack he got for "Personally, I prefer the air!"

If anyone's getting a new Final Smash, Falco is bound to be among the top priority, if he's coming back.

On the topic of final smashes, I'd love to see a sort of "tag team final smash," like a sort of final smash done by two players on a team during team matches. Like for example you'd have Mario and Luigi in a team and one of them gets a Smash Ball. Mario would perform his "Mario Finale" Final Smash, while Luigi (being unharmed) could use his Poltergust 3000 to suck up some of the flames and for the time being use his vacuum cleaner like a flamethrower.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sheik'll definitely return, there was no reason to include her in Brawl but they did anyway because she fit well with the game. She'll be back in SSB4 too.

I would rather they scrap Shiek and Zelda and replace them with Tetra and WW Zelda....