Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

For reference what other games has konami made?

Plenty, although I can only think of Suikoden off the top of my head.

It should be noted that Hudson Soft now belongs to Konami, which means Bomberman belongs to Konami.

Policenauts, Contra, Gradius, several TMNT games (naturally not a Konami IP), Dance Dance Revolution, Zone of the Enders, Frogger, and Silent Hill... there's several others, but I picked out the ones I could think of which I thought were noteworthy.

Plenty, although I can only think of Suikoden off the top of my head.

It should be noted that Hudson Soft now belongs to Konami, which means Bomberman belongs to Konami.

Policenauts, Contra, Gradius, several TMNT games (naturally not a Konami IP), Dance Dance Revolution, Zone of the Enders, Frogger, and Silent Hill... there's several others, but I picked out the ones I could think of which I thought were noteworthy.

Oh yeah :( again I do kinda wish they would sell bomberman to Nintendo, better then him just rotting :( 

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it funny how three of the veterans yet to be confirmed are the three people have wanted to see revamped movesets for the most. So for the E3 Smash trailer before the hype newcomer CG trailer, I'm more or less expecting Wario with a more Wario Land-ish moveset, Meta Knight with a new, more powerful but slower moveset, and Ganondorf acting like the warlock swordsman he is. In the same trailer, a newcomer people are pretty much expecting will be shown like the Villager was. Whether it's Chrom, Robin, Palutena, or someone else, who knows.

Then the CG trailer kicks off and Pac-Man/Isaac/Ridley's left wing/Ash and Misty/Takamaru/etc. enters the fight and the internet explodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it funny how three of the veterans yet to be confirmed are the three people have wanted to see revamped movesets for the most. So for the E3 Smash trailer before the hype newcomer CG trailer, I'm more or less expecting Wario with a more Wario Land-ish moveset, Meta Knight with a new, more powerful but slower moveset, and Ganondorf acting like the warlock swordsman he is. In the same trailer, a newcomer people are pretty much expecting will be shown like the Villager was. Whether it's Chrom, Robin, Palutena, or someone else, who knows.

Then the CG trailer kicks off and Pac-Man/Isaac/Ridley's left wing/Ash and Misty/Takamaru/etc. enters the fight and the internet explodes.

>Ash and Misty 

Hahaha lets not get too crazy. Ash has already gotten his butt handed to him by Pikachu a number of times in the show.

I can't think of many newcomers I'd care for less than Ash. Or anyone from the Pokemon Anime cast really. 

Especially since Pikachu is kind of half of Ash's identity and he's already doing his own thing, sooo...

It would rather hilarious to see the shitstorm if fucking Ash somehow got in and not Red

Pictures of the day (Can't post because Cloudfront)
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSA-H2gFkY5e0-
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSA-ICgcucZOgr

OH MAN, who's the hot chick?!

Sakurai's comment:

Pic of the day. Here's Ike, Marth and…a brand-new stage!

We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms.

Marth's eyes are gigantic in comparison to Ike's. It looks really odd.

The new stage looks awesome, kinda hope there are people sitting in the coliseum and you can actively hear them cheering more often than you would a regular match.

"Everyone, look at me~"

omg Marth looks so feminine now when you put him next to Ike. Those eyes. XD Anyways, the stage looks great but what i'm most looking forward to are all the amazing FE remixes, especially the Awakening ones.

Welcome to Fire Emblem Coliseum. Wager's 860 Gold. Make sure you don't get yourself killed out there.

Bring on the epic Fire Emblem remixes. A coliseum stage demands nothing less.

I know it's exaggerated to do a comparison just for that, but what is this talk about Marth's eyes being bigger?

mathikeyes_zpscd561ef7.png

Ike's eyes are a little bigger in fact, now girlier? then yeah, you're right on spot :P

Seriously though, I love how they look in comparison, it's a good contrast, and that arena looks amazing definitely gonna be one of my most played stages. ~ I haven't even looked at it completely but I love it already.

It's the pupils. Ike's seem to be a bit smaller in comparison to Marth's.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

...walk-off edges. Damn it, not again. =\

This shit is still a thing...

Ash would be my main.

Anyway, eughugh, FE stages are so generic. Why not Grima as a stage? Too spoiler-y?

Ash would be my main.

Anyway, eughugh, FE stages are so generic. Why not Grima as a stage? Too spoiler-y?

This is a stage that embodies something from every FE game that has appeared in them all, and takes a bit of all of them to make one sick stage, seems like it fits smash to me 

This is a stage that embodies something from every FE game that has appeared in them all, and takes a bit of all of them to make one sick stage, seems like it fits smash to me 

It's not that it doesn't fit Smash, it just seems like a generic arena stage. Fire Emblem doesn't really have any locations that strike me as memorable, except for Grima's back. IDK, it seems dull to me. Those dragon statues are pretty cool looking, though, and I guess it can't be worse than Castle Siege.

I know it's exaggerated to do a comparison just for that, but what is this talk about Marth's eyes being bigger?

mathikeyes_zpscd561ef7.png

Ike's eyes are a little bigger in fact, now girlier? then yeah, you're right on spot tongue.png

Seriously though, I love how they look in comparison, it's a good contrast, and that arena looks amazing definitely gonna be one of my most played stages. ~ I haven't even looked at it completely but I love it already.

Ike's eyes are bigger in relation to his face. Let's also not forget that Ike's slightly closer to the camera.

It's not that it doesn't fit Smash, it just seems like a generic arena stage. Fire Emblem doesn't really have any locations that strike me as memorable, except for Grima's back. IDK, it seems dull to me. Those dragon statues are pretty cool looking, though, and I guess it can't be worse than Castle Siege.

While Fire Emblem certainly has a fantasy world, it's very grounded in terms of locations when compared to other Nintendo franchises- but I consider this a good thing. The stage isn't as fantastic as something like the Mushroom Kingdom or even Hyrule, but it doesn't need to be; it looks like something from Fire Emblem. It especially does a good job of representing the series' aesthetic considering a Coliseum/Arena has existed in some form in many Fire Emblem games. I consider that a lot better than them just picking something gimmicky from the most recent game. 

On top of that, Awakening already has a stage. Arena Ferox is on 3DS. They don't need to do more plugs for that game.

Fire Emblem has PLENTY of memorable stages. Especially if you play the older games and not just frickin' Awakening. Although, I'm not exactly sure what could be picked from past games, its hard to guess that because all games prior to Path of Radiance were in 2D, this Colosseum is a faithful recreation though.

From Path of Radiance:

Greil's Keep (also in Radiant Dawn)

Serenes Forest

Oliver's Mansion (also in Radiant Dawn)

Crimea Castle

From Radiant Dawn:

Ribahn River

Nox Castle

Tower of Guidance

Just to name a few.

But for the Colosseum (well, its actually called the arena in most games, but whatever)? Its appeared in far more games, and looks almost exactly like the one depicted in the GBA games (minus the torches and dragon statues):

The arena also SOMEWHAT resembles Shadow Dragon, but not to the same extent:

Honestly, this is a far, far better pick than just another stage from Awakening. I would've preferred something from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but I think this looks really good.