Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It'll help boost Wii U sales to advertise its Mario Bros. game in its most hype upcoming release, so it kinda makes sense.

I just hope the music selection for it is good because NSMB music ~-~

"You will take your "BAH BAH's" and you will like it!" 

-Sakuari and the Smash 4 music team when composing music for the NSMB stage. 

That stage looks pretty. I liked NSMBU's 2D-ish backgrounds because it gave it a nice style but this looks nice too. Its weird that they're calling this the Mushroom Kingdom though. I never thought of the places in NSMBU as part of it.

We haven't had any retro-styled Mario stages yet right?  So no need to worry about too much NSMB music, remember Mario Sunshine's stage only had two pieces of Sunshine music, neither were even remixed.

That stage looks pretty. I liked NSMBU's 2D-ish backgrounds because it gave it a nice style but this looks nice too. Its weird that they're calling this the Mushroom Kingdom though. I never thought of the places in NSMBU as part of it.

While there is no canonicity to the geography of the Mushroom Kingdom, remember that NSMBU literally takes place directly in the areas surrounding Peach's Castle.

This is somewhat related to smash I guess so i'll post it here

Basically its max going over why the wii u's failure has kind of been a good thing so far in that its been getting us things that we would probably not have gotten if it wasn't, personally I agree with him on this one since it means that instead of doing the normal routine, nintendo is taking steps to get out of their shell and start doing the unexpected again and it would be really cool if they could continue on with what they've been doing. What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 6

Holy crap! That looks amazing!

The next 2d Mario needs to be like the Donkey Kong country series.

Now I want a Bowser's castle from Mario kart 8 please. I need that epic soundtrack in smash!

I'm glad were gonna see more of this soon.

6ga9et.jpg

jiyFBRsXmkoT2.jpg

Colors don't look washed out, there's sharper textures on the cliffs in the foreground, the clouds look fluffier, and the grass has been replaced by Aquatic Ruin Zone's.

All in all, a more intense look.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, loving the grass texture on the Smash 4 version. Getting rid of that glossy, plastic look was smart.

Amazing...

Can't wait to see the other ones mainly peach's castle with all the lava and stuff.

At least it's new?

No real point in giving us exciting stuff now. Better to save it till next week.

I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life.

It's time to get overly-analytical about something Sakurai says again!

• Thumbs Up 5

Not really sure what there is even to be analytical about. We already know for a fact Tortimer Island is a playable stage.

The shrunken down look is kind of cute though. I wanna see how the other stages look now.  wub.png

Not really sure what there is even to be analytical about. We already know for a fact Tortimer Island is a playable stage.

There's almost nothing to get analytical about, but people find a way. Some people on GAF are saying this could be a hint over the NFC figures. Although, the "leak" from Nintendo of France only mentioned figures for the Wii U version. Personally not buying it.

I suppose it's neat that the stages have trophies too, although this isn't anything new.

180px-Final_Destination_Melee_Trophy.png

Maybe the fact that some stages are also trophies means that some playable characters are also trophies.....maybe this means Wonder-Red isn't deconfirmed just yet? This may be grasping at straws but I really wanted Wonderful 101 characters, I want to believe.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Cute trophy! Can't wait to see more stages downsized to trophies like this one.

And I wish these trophies could be real too Sakurai! They would look great on my gaming display shelf.

Maybe the fact that some stages are also trophies means that some playable characters are also trophies.....maybe this means Wonder-Red isn't confirmed just yet? This may be grasping at straws but I really wanted Wonderful 101 characters, I want to believe.....

...Playable characters have had trophies since melee.

That is reaching pretty far. If he were playable, we wouldn't have seen his trophy first. 

...Playable characters have had trophies since melee.

That is reaching pretty far. If he were playable, we wouldn't have seen his trophy first. 

Fair point, but I wouldn't put it past Sakuari to troll us like that. Pseudo-Palutena is a thing, after all. 

Sakuari is unpredictable as fuck so really we don't know who's truly in and who's truly out until the game comes out and everyone is unlocked. 

This was quite a few posts back now but just to step in as resident NSMB series defender once again, NSMBU had beautifully sharp textures if you play on an HDTV, those are just low-quality smudgey screenshots being used to compare.  =U

• Thumbs Up 7

He is coming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltYxC0qE-k&feature=player_detailpage

Seriously though, I bet you there is a fifty-fifty chance Takamaru gets announced for Smash, most likely at E3. The Nintendoland minigame had me suspicious, the VC release in the west for the first time ever, nearly 30 years after release has me pretty confident

also if they incorporated some of his enemy's attacks into his moveset, that would be pretty sick, and could work, as a Samurai must adapt, and capturing your enemy's weapons is one way to do that

I wonder if they'll bring back wavedashing.

Brawl air dodge was confirmed a while ago so no.

Wasn't wave dash some sort of exploit?

When I see it, it looks weird, especially bowser lol