Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Okay, just jumping back on the subject of Takamaru, but... Daaaaaamn, how come I never heard this song in Brawl?

Because holy crap, this is catchy.

• Thumbs Up 2

That song played on the Mario Bros. stage in Brawl, so I don't blame you for not remembering it.

Pic of the day:

animalcrossingstage_zps7a05f36a.jpg

"Pic of the day. Brewster brings The Roost back to Smash Bros. Nothing beats watching a battle of famous fighters with a freshly brewed cup of coffee"

Well Brewster is back c: I wonder if K.K. will be back too?, I loved his concerts, it was a nice touch  smile.png wouldn't it be awesome if you could actually sit in one empty seat, and perhaps Brewster tosses a cup of coffee, which would act as food ? (health recovery)

Also was this pic so boring that no one bother to post it? cause by now I'm normally beaten to it, unless I missed it somewhere? tongue.png

I think it'd be very weird if K.K. wasn't around on Saturday evenings.

Under a week to wait now guys :') I'm expecting at least one veteran reveal.. hopefully a newcomer too. Maybe more!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it'd be weird if we didn't get at least one newcomer, with the hype E3 has, I'm sure they'll use that to reveal someone.

Maybe even a character that has been anticipated. by anticipated I mean someone like Mewtwo or Ridley (yeah I still have my doubts even after seeing his shadow) but Greninja was the last newcomer along with Charizard so I don't think it would be another Pokémon.

Which newcomer would you expect? I'd say someone big, I know most people (me included) would get hyped (and fangasm) for a long time enough to wait for the 3DS version if they showed Ridley. But I think they might show a DK newcomer or perhaps a Zelda newcomer.

EDIT: Does anybody know how to make the "Pic of the Day" title closer to the image itself? it always happens when I attach a picture :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay Brewster is back! KK should be back too then, since his singing on Saturday nights is super cute. :3

For next week, I hope we see one newcomer and a returning veteran. Perhaps MetaKnight?

For newcomers I'm expecting Pac-Man, and Mewtwo if he counts. Mewtwo is probably the most hyped/requested character (for some reason) so E3 would be a good place to capitalise on that hype.

I'd love to see Palutena too, but eh. I think 2 newcomers is the maximum we'll get at E3 and I generally don't wanna get my hopes too high incase of disappointment.

Also really hope we see Wario and Ice Climbers as far as vets go.

I could see us possibly getting more than one newcomer since they revealed three last E3. Maybe announce another third-party character during the Digital Event and reveal another legit Nintendo character at the end of the tournament? I also have a feeling that we'll definitely get more than one veteran confirmed.

I could them doing two big characters as a joke for the newcomers, then one normal or small sized, like say:
Ridley, K.Rool, and Ray mk1 from Custom Robo

For newcomers I'm expecting Pac-Man, and Mewtwo if he counts. Mewtwo is probably the most hyped/requested character (for some reason) so E3 would be a good place to capitalise on that hype.

I'd love to see Palutena too, but eh. I think 2 newcomers is the maximum we'll get at E3 and I generally don't wanna get my hopes too high incase of disappointment.

Also really hope we see Wario and Ice Climbers as far as vets go.

Haha you're right I counted Mewtwo as a newcomer, what the heck is wrong with me :P 

But you're right, we still have to see a KI character, I think it's safe to assume there will be at least one, right?

and if he does announce MK, I kinda hope he does just so he comments on his OP status, maybe something like "MK has been said to be a bit too powerful, so we powered him down considerably ... *screen fades* Nope! Jk!"  lol that would be the ultimate slap in the face, troll move ever.  But seriously I doubt it :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay Brewster.  I wish his little square was a little more detailed and cosy, had like a lil wall or something but I'm a sucker for adorable diorama scenery lol.

I'm sure K.K. will be back, but I wonder if we'll get any Club K.K. representation after 8pm generally?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay Brewster.  I wish his little square was a little more detailed and cosy, had like a lil wall or something but I'm a sucker for adorable diorama scenery lol.

I'm sure K.K. will be back, but I wonder if we'll get any Club K.K. representation after 8pm generally?

Oh wow you're absolutely right, didn't even think about it. Now I'll be disappointed if that doesn't get included. xD

Hmmm, actualy I've been thinking about it even more, and I think we could get 4 newcomers at E3, for 2 reasons: A) this is the last E3 before release, and they want to make a bang, and B) It makes a full set for a battle

Now in regards to breakdown, I think it could go like this:

2 newcomers from represented franchises (Ridley, K.Rool, Dixie, etc)

1 newcomer from an unrepresented, and most likely primarily handheld francise(Sami/Andy, Issac, etc)

1Newcomer from an unrepresented franchise, either third party, or console (Pac-man, Digdug, Nightmare, etc; Ray Mk01)

think there is also a decent chance of it being half huge characters, and half normal/small characters for the biggest presentational effect

I think except for Ridley, they wouldn't show off a newcomer from an unrepped franchise. The biggest unrepped franchise character reveal would probably be Isaac or Shulk. I think Isaac is still far more requested that Shulk, but I'm still not sure. Or they could do both, but its questionable.

If we have an additional third-party character, they'd be revealed at E3. If Ridley is playable, he'd be revealed at E3 as well. I'd imagine no more than 4 newcomers at E3, but its highly likely to only be 3. And I'm still not set on Takamaru's conclusion; for the past two games we had a Retro rep and a Hardware rep.

I think we've already got both; Little Mac had one brief come back, but that doesn't make him any less of a Retro character I think. And Wii Fit Trainer of course is the hardware rep; its just the first time the hardware rep wasn't also a retro rep.

• Thumbs Up 1

Veterans I'd like to see are Mr. Game & Watch and Ganondorf. Newcomers, Palutena and Isaac would be cool. Palutena is pretty likely, I think. I wouldn't mind Takamaru either.

I think except for Ridley, they wouldn't show off a newcomer from an unrepped franchise.

Why do you think that?

And Ridley isn't from an unrepresented franchise.

I think we've already got both; Little Mac had one brief come back, but that doesn't make him any less of a Retro character I think. And Wii Fit Trainer of course is the hardware rep; its just the first time the hardware rep wasn't also a retro rep.

How is Wii Fit Trainer a hardware rep? R.O.B. was actual hardware, WFT isn't.

Unless you're talking about her butt. Then, all I can say is, I'd like to try that hardware out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm personally hoping for just veteran reveals at E3 honestly, I want to see how much they've changed since brawl and I would really like it if some of the newcomers were kept under wraps until release.

aaaaagh, it seems to close, yet so far away!

Personally, I'm hoping for a few reveals myself. Ridley and Geno are sort've my 'I dunno but I'd like 'em' Characters, whilst Meta Knight would be the vet reveal I'd like.

Veterans I'd like to see are Mr. Game & Watch and Ganondorf. Newcomers, Palutena and Isaac would be cool. Palutena is pretty likely, I think. I wouldn't mind Takamaru either.

Why do you think that?

And Ridley isn't from an unrepresented franchise.

How is Wii Fit Trainer a hardware rep? R.O.B. was actual hardware, WFT isn't.

Unless you're talking about her butt. Then, all I can say is, I'd like to try that hardware out.

Wii Fit Trainer represents Wii Fit, like how Mr. Game and Watch represents, well, Game and Watch.

And apparently you missed how I said "EXCEPT" for Ridley. Because Ridley has been teased for so long, if he's playable, he'll probably be the only newcomer from an existing franchise to be announced. I think they'd promote other new unrepped franchises first like that did last E3 (for example Golden Sun, Advance Wars).

For newcomers from an existing franchise, they'd probably be unlockable characters and not announced until after the game's release.

Wii Fit Trainer represents Wii Fit, like how Mr. Game and Watch represents, well, Game and Watch.

And apparently you missed how I said "EXCEPT" for Ridley. Because Ridley has been teased for so long, if he's playable, he'll probably be the only newcomer from an existing franchise to be announced. I think they'd promote other new unrepped franchises first like that did last E3 (for example Golden Sun, Advance Wars).

For newcomers from an existing franchise, they'd probably be unlockable characters and not announced until after the game's release.

Wii Fit isn't hardware. The Balance Board is. Wii Fit even had parts where you didn't need it. The Balance Board is in her level, though. I don't think she's supposed to represent the hardware.

Game & Watch could fit that, but I think he simply represents the character. R.O.B. is the only one who was actually hardware.

I didn't miss anything. You may have meant that, but it's not what you said.

You said, "I think except for Ridley, they wouldn't show off a newcomer from an unrepped franchise." and not, "I think except for Ridley, they wouldn't show off a newcomer from an already repped franchise."

Either way, I don't agree with your argument. I don't think all newcomers from represented franchises will be hidden away until release. We've already seen Rosalina and Greninja, so I don't see why it'd be different for E3.

And Ridley isn't being teased. In fact, Sakurai already confirmed him as being a stage hazard.

Wii Fit isn't hardware. The Balance Board is. Wii Fit even had parts where you didn't need it. The Balance Board is in her level, though. I don't think she's supposed to represent the hardware.

Game & Watch could fit that, but I think he simply represents the character. R.O.B. is the only one who was actually hardware.

I didn't miss anything. You may have meant that, but it's not what you said.

You said, "I think except for Ridley, they wouldn't show off a newcomer from an unrepped franchise." and not, "I think except for Ridley, they wouldn't show off a newcomer from an already repped franchise."

Either way, I don't agree with your argument. I don't think all newcomers from represented franchises will be hidden away until release. We've already seen Rosalina and Greninja, so I don't see why it'd be different for E3.

And Ridley isn't being hinted at. In fact, Sakurai already confirmed him as being a stage hazard.

Ah, I wrote that out right. My mistake. I double checked and I still didn't catch it when I saw your reply.

If we get a newcomer rep, its probably Namco. I'm honestly thinking we may have all our third-party reps already, though, and I honestly don't care much. We've already got the biggest third-party characters that have huge close ties to Nintendo already anyway. I'd rather have more Nintendo franchises repped instead of getting another third-party character.

I can see Wii Fit Trainer being of the same vein as R.O.B. and Game & Watch.  I mean, don't even pretend you considered her to be a "character" before Smash Bros came along.  She had no personality, and was a swappable user interface to show examples of how to perform excercises with her male counterpart.  Barely more a character than the hand holding the Wii Remote on the safety screen at the start of Wii software.

...Hand holding the Wii Remote on the safety screen at the start of Wii software for new Classic Mode final boss make it happen Nintendo.

...Hand holding the Wii Remote on the safety screen at the start of Wii software for new Classic Mode final boss make it happen Nintendo.

Can only be beaten once wrist strap has been securely fastened.  

• Thumbs Up 4