Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Fire Emblem has PLENTY of memorable stages. Especially if you play the older games and not just frickin' Awakening. Although, I'm not exactly sure what could be picked from past games, its hard to guess that because all games prior to Path of Radiance were in 2D, this Colosseum is a faithful recreation though.

From Path of Radiance:

Greil's Keep (also in Radiant Dawn)

Serenes Forest

Oliver's Mansion (also in Radiant Dawn)

Crimea Castle

From Radiant Dawn:

Ribahn River

Nox Castle

Tower of Guidance

Just to name a few.

But for the Colosseum (well, its actually called the arena in most games, but whatever)? Its appeared in far more games, and looks almost exactly like the one depicted in the GBA games (minus the torches and dragon statues):

The arena also SOMEWHAT resembles Shadow Dragon, but not to the same extent:

Honestly, this is a far, far better pick than just another stage from Awakening. I would've preferred something from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but I think this looks really good.

Well, IDK. I'm just not feeling it with this stage... The fact that it's a walk-off bugs me as well. Plus both this stage and Arena Ferox are arenas of some sort. Serene's Forest sounds like a cool stage idea, though.

I'm sorry, I never had enough money to buy any other FE games besides Awakening. I still think Grima would be a fun stage though, with spikes and explosive shadow balls flying at you when fighting.

Pokemon Stadium.

Pokemon Stadium 2.

People expected a Colosseum in Smash 4. And they got it. Sorta. That's gold.

So who's attending Smash Fest at their local Best Buy on Wednesday?

If the lines for it are anything like last years demo event, its going to be packed.

Leaving early for a store 1 1/2 hours away, hopefully I can get in on the action and drop a pre-order.

The lines are going to be packed wherever you go, so it's best to just head there early.

I'm going to head to either Best Buy or Nintendo World to try the demo. 

If everything goes to plan, I should be playing it next Saturday at best buy. Can't wait.

sadly I can't go myself :( its a 4 hour drive into high heat and allergies on the other side of pheonix

Yeah I'll prolly head out to it. I thought the location was gonna be far off, but turns out it's only a 20 minute drive lmao. I'm not really sure to expect when I get there other than a crowd, but should be fun I guess. I'm assuming it's either just a line to play 4 vs matches for fun, or possibly a competition (I remember gamestop had those the night before Brawl's release anyway). Either way, since I'll probably only be able to play once, not sure if I'll pick a character I'm familiar with, or use someone I've been wanting to try like Mega Man or Little Mac (I think they're playable there?).

Also I'm kinda curious what the smash updates will be tomorrow and tuesday, since I'm sure a majority of cool info will be tuesday morning at 9 or whatever

• Thumbs Up 1

Personaly, when it comes to the rate of reveals,  I think newcomer reveals will be ramping up as the release approaches following a small blowout at E3, I think we will get at least 7 more, my personal hopes are:
K.Rool
Ridley
Sami
Issac
Shulk
Takamaru

Personaly, when it comes to the rate of reveals,  I think newcomer reveals will be ramping up as the release approaches following a small blowout at E3, I think we will get at least 7 more, my personal hopes are:

K.Rool

Ridley

Sami

Issac

Shulk

Takamaru

So you're one of us?

Its possible we might get a Fire Emblem character announced at E3. I'm currently hoping for the Tactician/Robin. People keep saying Chrom, but I think the Tactician has a pretty good shot and would be a lot more unique overall. Plus tactics are a central role of any Fire Emblem game.

I also hope Isaac and an Advance Wars character (Sami) are announced. I'm not sure about a Retro character, but I've got my eyes on Lip. Takamaru is the common pick, but I dunno, I think Lip would be bring a lot new and she was considered early on. (No, Lip's Stick doesn't debunk the possibility since other characters use projectiles that are also available as items.)

We'll see, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

My predictions for newcomer are

Dixie Kong, Palutena and pacman. Hopefully not the new pacman though

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully we'll see some more Namco representation. We'd most likely get Pacman as a new character, but I'm secretly hoping for at least a Tales of assist trophy (Kratos Shining Bind anyone?) since I believe one of the Tales of battle directors is working on this game.

Hopefully we'll see some more Namco representation. We'd most likely get Pacman as a new character, but I'm secretly hoping for at least a Tales of assist trophy (Kratos Shining Bind anyone?) since I believe one of the Tales of battle directors is working on this game.

Yeah, I'm personally still hoping for klonoa and if not him the digdug guy would be a good creative fighter they could put in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Several Tales developers are working on the game, and one suggested requesting a character to appear in the game, but it'd have to be a character whose games appeared on Nintendo consoles. This was just a suggestion, though, and it doesn't mean Sakurai took it to heart. Frankly a Tales character would be a great addition and very easy to fit right into the mechanics of the game, but logically, I think that if a playable character from Namco appears and its not Pac-Man, the only option is Lloyd Irving.

Tekken and Soul Calibur don't really have a prominence on Nintendo consoles, Lloyd is highly requested and Lloyd is the most notable and signature "Tales" character.

And no I'm not being a Tales fanboy, I'm looking at things logically. Pac-Man is always the first thought, but Pac-Man's lack of interest lately and him appearing in a mech in Street Fighter X Tekken might be his downfall. I'm actually thinking we won't get a Namco character at this point (but Pac-Man will be represented via a classic Maze stage with he himself appearing on the stage).

Tekken is probably Namco's biggest franchise, but its primarily a Playstation franchise, with only about one game on Nintendo consoles. Tales and Pac-Man are Namco's biggest franchises that also have a large following on Nintendo. That said, neither is particularly associated with Nintendo, unlike Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog. Tales may be slightly moreso since it started on Nintendo, but Pac-Man had Pac-Man VS. which was co-developed by Nintendo.

We'll see how things played out, but I honestly think that if we have a Namco character, the only logical choices are Pac-Man and Lloyd. I'd rather have Lloyd by far, but more than that I'd rather not have a Namco rep at all. And no, I'm not a Lloyd fanboy, either, I don't even particularly care much for Lloyd in the Tales series, but he's still the signature "Nintendo" Tales character.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I've said this in this thread before probably but I really want Lloyd Irving for Smash as a Namco rep, though it's unlikely to happen. I mean, Symphonia already plays a lot like Smash, his moves would translate so naturally! 

How would his move set be if he did get in? Maybe have his up B be PSI tempest, his side B beast, his down B sword rain (or another variation of it) and his neutral B is demon fang (and offers a charge up that powers up to double demon fang and demonic chaos).

And as his special mechanic maybe he can chain his standard attacks into his specials but as a price he has TP that decreases everytime you use an arte in a standard to special attack chain (but doesn't consume any when used alone)?

I know I've said this in this thread before probably but I really want Lloyd Irving for Smash as a Namco rep, though it's unlikely to happen. I mean, Symphonia already plays a lot like Smash, his moves would translate so naturally! 

Yeah, agreed. Tales games already play similar to Smash Bros. anyway.

How would his move set be if he did get in? Maybe have his up B be PSI tempest, his side B beast, his down B sword rain (or another variation of it) and his neutral B is demon fang (and offers a charge up that powers up to double demon fang and demonic chaos).

And as his special mechanic maybe he can chain his standard attacks into his specials but as a price he has TP that decreases everytime you use an arte in a standard to special attack chain (but doesn't consume any when used alone)?

I'm thinking Tempest would be better off as his air standard with Tiger Blade (that gives much greater height) as his Up special. Beast would definitely be his Side Smash and for his standard attacks, they'd be his typical standard, but could be combo'd into Sword Rain with one final attack afterwards.

Lloyd's specials I think would be like this:

B: Demon Fang

Up+B: Tiger Blade (with higher vertical range)

Side+B: Rising Falcon

Down+B: Guardian

Some of his other smashes could be drawn from other character's artes, too, such as Up Smash being Light Spear. The rest of his air attacks would be based on his jumping attacks from the games perhaps with some additional artes mixed in as well.

Anyway, just my thought. Very easy moveset to come up with for any Tales characters, really, and they'd definitely be unique. Lloyd would be a bit more unique due to his dual swords, a mechanic never seen in Smash Bros. before.

Sakurai seems confused. He apparently didn't realize Meloeta appeared in the Smash Direct. Either that or he's teasing, but I think he's just confused. :P Poor guy.

Sakurai seems confused. He apparently didn't realize Meloeta appeared in the Smash Direct. Either that or he's teasing, but I think he's just confused. tongue.png Poor guy.

He said it didn't appear in the Greninja trailer (which it didn't), not the Smash direct.:

"Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment"

"Some kind of appearance"? So some Pokenon shown won't be Pokeball Pokemon?

Either that means Kalos Pokemon League, Prism Tower, and possibly some undisclosed Pokemon stage has background Pokemon, or some are simply Trophies, or both. So it's just like Brawl in that regard.

Ok, so we have a new possible leak or fake, but either way its well done

http://imgur.com/a/Kmm1Z

NmHIImH.png

its an unlikely character, but that skill level has even me having second thoughts about legitimacy, guess we have to wait till tomorrow for the truth

Ah, I have to give the guy props though, lots of skill modeling, he might go places