Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Wasn't wave dash some sort of exploit?

When I see it, it looks weird, especially bowser lol

Technically yes, though I'd argue in terms of mechanics it makes more sense than a lot of stuff in Smash.  It's conservation of horizontal momentum.  What made less sense was the air dodge itself.  

Looks like alot of Melee fanboys are going to be pissed.

They won't be; they've gotten over it ever since Brawl.

This was quite a few posts back now but just to step in as resident NSMB series defender once again, NSMBU had beautifully sharp textures if you play on an HDTV, those are just low-quality smudgey screenshots being used to compare.  =U

This was quite a few posts back now but just to step in as resident NSMB series defender once again,

resident NSMB series defender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDd4R_wu_s

soma was BORED

• Thumbs Up 7

Looks like alot of Melee fanboys are going to be pissed.

The lack of Eave dashing was the least of brawls problems.

He is coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltYxC0qE-k&feature=player_detailpage

Seriously though, I bet you there is a fifty-fifty chance Takamaru gets announced for Smash, most likely at E3. The Nintendoland minigame had me suspicious, the VC release in the west for the first time ever, nearly 30 years after release has me pretty confident

also if they incorporated some of his enemy's attacks into his moveset, that would be pretty sick, and could work, as a Samurai must adapt, and capturing your enemy's weapons is one way to do that

Sakurai did say he would consider if his game got a sequel/ remake. Samurai warriors 3 had Murusame mode, which was essentially a remake of Mysterious Murusame Castle.

I could honestly live without wavedashing if SSB4 is at least somewhat faster and more fast paced than brawl was (even though it was fun to use and made for some great mind games) so as long as the characters have weight and everything isn't slowed down so much I am perfectly okay with it :)

Sakurai did say he would consider if his game got a sequel/ remake. Samurai warriors 3 had Murusame mode, which was essentially a remake of Mysterious Murusame Castle.

Well, and he made that statement back in N64 days, by now Ice Climbers, and Pit have made enough of a precedence for him to be extremely likely

Mmmmneh. I wouldn't really know what exactly to think of such a character, if even possible.

Mostly cause I always really disliked Game and Watch and Ice Climbers solely cause they haven't had a new game since the NES or before. Granted, this can be applied to Falcon and Starfox, but... eh, I dunno. They just always bothered me for some reason.

Mmmmneh. I wouldn't really know what exactly to think of such a character, if even possible.

Mostly cause I always really disliked Game and Watch and Ice Climbers solely cause they haven't had a new game since the NES or before. Granted, this can be applied to Falcon and Starfox, but... eh, I dunno. They just always bothered me for some reason.

At least Falcon and Starfox were still relevant during the times of 64, Melee, and arguably Brawl. Ice Climbers could have at least gotten a nice small wiiware game to make them "known for their game"(for the lack of a better term).

Game and Watch lives on thanks to the Game and Watch Gallery games.

Isn't Ice Climber a featured game in one of the NES Remixes?

The first is a rerelease. And if I remember the box art, it even was just showing off Mario and Peach on the GBA ones. The NDS ones were just a hat, cause it was from Club Nintendo, right?

The second is more just a... well, remix of the first. And while I can see your point of arguing that 'These characters are known outside of 'That one fighter from Smash,'' I just...really dislike that. Because to me, it seems like another spot that could be someone more popular. I've been on this rant before though, so I'll stop.

Actualy, he has had a couple of cameos, and playable appearances, which include: A full Nintendo land mini-game(Takamarus ninja castle), being part of the captian rainbow supporting cast, and he was not only playable in the Wii version of Samurai warriors, but had an entire huge game mode based off his original game

If you want appearance, well I imagine it would be a little more cartoony like the original, but incorporating some of the detail from the SW3 version

original game artwork:

276px-Takamaru.png

Samurai Warriors 3 appearance

Takamaru_SW3.png

Also, he's a freaking Samurai, we don't have one of those :P, and could bring some sick stuff to the table

Oh yeah, I can completely agree that he'd be cool. Then again... we sort've do have Greninja for all the 'Ninja-ey' stuff. So...what could he do otherwise? Yes, Ninjas and Samurai are different. But judging from the picture and Eshop trailer alone, do we really need another sword dude?

Besides that, he's made cameos. And while I still sort've wish more popular, recognizable, actually getting new games in the past little while characters were there, well... that's better then nothing. And yes, I know my arguement is flawed. But then again, I also want Geno to be playable, so... Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah...

Oh yeah, I can completely agree that he'd be cool. Then again... we sort've do have Greninja for all the 'Ninja-ey' stuff. So...what could he do otherwise?

Besides that, he's made cameos. And while I still sort've wish more popular, recognizable, actually getting new games in the past little while characters were there, well... that's better then nothing. And yes, I know my arguement is flawed. But then again, I also want Geno to be playable, so... Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah...

He's a Samurai, that's very different from Ninja, ninja's were assassins  without honor, who relied on stealth, a Samurai believes in honor and technique. At the base level his moveset would be based around his Katana, and his shruikens, providing a medium range melee weapon, and a far ranged projectile, give him his Lightning bolt item from the game as some sort of area effect item(or final smash), perhaps throw in some weapons from his enemies in the original game, and you got a mix of stuff, in a mid speed character, who is an expert at breaking armor

Greninja(and sheik for that matter), are ninja's who rely on stealth and special moves. A Samurai, even on this style, relies more on his weapons and techniques, along with quick attacks with his katana and fluid movement

There is a lot to differentiate him from ninja's, or other sword characters, because a Katana varies heavily from European swords, both in appearance, use, and style.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, or come out aggressive, its just there is quite a bit of difference, like between that of an armored assault vehicle, and a Bike with an rpg and machine gun, both can move fast, and have one or two similar elements, but overall work quite differently

He's a Samurai, that's very different from Ninja, ninja's were assassins  without honor, who relied on stealth, a Samurai believes in honor and technique. At the base level his moveset would be based around his Katana, and his shruikens, providing a medium range melee weapon, and a far ranged projectile, give him his Lightning bolt item from the game as some sort of area effect item(or final smash), perhaps throw in some weapons from his enemies in the original game, and you got a mix of stuff, in a mid speed character, who is an expert at breaking armor

Greninja(and sheik for that matter), are ninja's who rely on stealth and special moves. A Samurai, even on this style, relies more on his weapons and techniques, along with quick attacks with his katana and fluid movement

There is a lot to differentiate him from ninja's, or other sword characters, because a Katana varies heavily from European swords, both in appearance, use, and style.

Verily, it could be somewhat different. But Greninja bears Shruikens as well, which is what I was getting at. Granted, I know not of this lightning bolt... but some research should fix that.

So... his lightning is a screen nuke? Well then. Besides the Katana, he doesn't seem very... different. Granted, I know one swings katanas different from other swords, but I still can't see him bringing 'Quick sword' attacks when Marth already does so.

However, We may never know. After all, we're talking about a character that hasn't and may never be announced. XD

So... his lightning is a screen nuke? Well then. Besides the Katana, he doesn't seem very... different.

It bears saying that Smash has taken characters that play basically identically and still given playstyles unique enough to justify. Remember, not too long ago everyone had their doubts about Rosalina (me included admittedly) on the basis that they couldn't imagine her playing any differently from Peach, and for all they've done for Luigi over the years it's kind of difficult to tell he and Mario were essentially the same character once.

I'd like to make a bigger case for Takamaru, but to be honest I don't even fucking know how he plays ahahaha. Consider it a Marth-esque curiousity of what I've been missing out on exactly.

Whatever the case, I'm...really hoping we get that 'Character Reveal' Idea at E3 someone mentioned here. o 3o

Y'know, where at the end of the tounament, 'Challenger approaching!' Screen appears with new reveal. Cause that'd be sooooo awesome.

Suddenly, Boomerang.

el75vp.jpg

Looks like Miss Fit has been updated to have pupils in her eyes too. But that could just be the angle of the picture.

Pic of the day. Here's a new item that we've thrown in--the boomerang. As you'd guess, it'll fly back into your hands after you throw it, and if you keep catching it, its attack power grows with each throw! However, opponents can nab the boomerang out of the air, so it might be an easier item to use in Smash Run.

So the Boomerang offers beneficial returns if you catch it each time. But opponents can catch it too, so you need to be crafty with your throws.

• Thumbs Up 1

Suddenly, Boomerang.

Looks like Miss Fit has been updated to have pupils in her eyes too. But that could just be the angle of the picture.

So the Boomerang offers beneficial returns if you catch it each time. But opponents can catch it too, so you need to be crafty with your throws.

It looks like Mr. Fit does too. So seemingly they have pupils now.  Anyways... huzzah, new items.

Oh, okay, Sakurai. Just keep on giving us new stuff. (No, really. Keep doing that.

I'm gonna like this new item. (So is it just a generic one, or one from a Boomerang Flower?)

It looks like Mr. Fit does too. So seemingly they have pupils now.  Anyways... huzzah, new items.

Wii Fit Trainer's always had pupils. They're just gray on white, so it's hard to see.

Wii Fit Trainer's always had pupils. They're just gray on white, so it's hard to see.

I'll bet. They've just not been this clear until this picture... whatever the case, not like we'll see them when smacking people with the power of Yoga.

I'm pretty sure its the Boomerang Flower, and it was already shown off after the Smash Direct anyway.

Troll logic: find a desolate corner in the map, spam-chuck the boomerang at a wall a few times for a cheap power boost.

emoticu-lol-face.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, they've always had pupils, but they've probably made them more obvious and easier to make out now.

I'm still having a pet peeve over the fact that Mr. Fits facial structure has been completely redesigned, and looks like female WFT with the males hair and body. Nothing horrible, but still strange.