Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'd rather see Klonoa or Mr Driller over Pacman. I know Pacman is iconic and all but he has the Ghostly Adventures design and that voice ewww no thanks! ><

• Thumbs Up 2

ap7bye.jpg

Pic of the day. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it's only natural that many coins will appear in this stage… Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??

So, there's a stage directly based on New Super Mario Bros. 2, in contrast to the one based on 3D Land?

Ok, sure Sakurai, whatever.  We all know you're bringing the goods tomorrow anyway.

2h3zn1g.jpg

If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won't flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage's name is Golden Plains and it's exclusive to the 3DS version.

Ah hmm, didn't see that coming.

Edited by G-Force
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pink Gold Peach confirmed.

This is an... interesting stage mechanic. :P

On one hand, it's kinda cool that the Metal Box effect got a non-item application. On the other, I feel like players are going to waste more time hoarding coins here than actually fighting each other. =I

On one hand, it's kinda cool that the Metal Box effect got a non-item application. On the other, I feel like players are going to waste more time hoarding coins here than actually fighting each other. =I

It's no worse than the Smash Ball, and it looks like a rather unique level gimmick. As long as it's only contained to the one stage, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aw, I wanted to make the Pink Gold Peach joke.*

I wonder if they'll make Luigi turn into Silver Luigi, as is dictated by the canon, because everyone knows Mario canon is so strict and important hur hur hur not really.

Also, Gold Samus looks like a G Gundam super mode, and I am entirely ok with that.

*I'm fully aware that I could have edited it into my previous post, but I'd already edited it like five times by the time I thought of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's no worse than the Smash Ball, and it looks like a rather unique level gimmick.

A Smash Ball only equates to a brief chase, and because all attention is all on a single point at least there exists a good possibility that fighters will cross paths and scuffle over it. Here it's a collectible that's spread all over every corner of the map and never truly goes away - it's about as opposite to the psychological effects of a Smash Ball as you can possibly get. It's a gimmick that not only discourages participation in the fight at large, it actively rewards it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very interesting idea for a stage. It certainly crossed my mind that a New Super Mario Bros 2-themed stage might be included on the 3DS, but making the coins kind of a level-specific boosting item definitely gives it a unique feel from Mushroom Kingdom U and all the other stages, really. Looking forward to seeing more.

Sounds pretty neat for a stage gimmick!

Also Sakurai didn't mention E3 at all, usually if something's happening he tells people to watch it.. no Smash news at E3 confirmed.

Sounds like fun, certainly the first look we've had at a gimmicky stage on the level of Mario Bros. or Electroplankton from Brawl.  Not a stage for everyone but I look forward to having the occasional silly game on it.

It'd be great if the characters have a variety of gold appearances - silver for Luigi, pink gold for Peach... wonder what other valuable metals other characters might get.

Samus is in the pic of the day. Ridley confirmed.

Stage looks neat, though. It does look like it's scrolling, but the it's interesting to say the least. I think really slow characters might have a hard time here. 

GIMMICKS!

But it's a good gimmick I suppose. Suppose because you know nobody will focus on brawling but are too busy jumping around collecting coins.

So, wait, does this confirm the Palutena leak now? Is this the same model as the leak?

Not surprising, really. My hype DIED when I saw Mii Fighter. Then my hype shot up again when the Digital Event ended and Pac-Man WASN'T shown. He can still appear at E3, but that was the best time to show him. We'll see how things turn out...

Palutena!!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Black Pit was in the anime E3 trailer too, will he be an assistant or something??

I am so excited, I friggin love Kid Icarus

Dark Pit showed up, but he wasn't announced as playable, so I'm guessing AT.

Her model doesn't look quite...finished. Something about her face seems off.

also where is Ali Hillis  =((((((((((((((((((((((

Let's take a moment and talk about one of the focus shots:

7b0.png

Nintendo....

• Thumbs Up 7