Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Something really wierd going on with his index finger though. Like, something tells me they don't bend like that.

I don't plan on putting any stock in Smash rumours either way - even if there are any legit ones, we'll only know in hindsight, and that's just assuming it isn't people relying on plain educated guesses.

Ok, so we have a new possible leak or fake, but either way its well done

http://imgur.com/a/Kmm1Z

NmHIImH.png

its an unlikely character, but that skill level has even me having second thoughts about legitimacy, guess we have to wait till tomorrow for the truth

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/dawson-crying-620x465.jpg 

Why must everything have to toy with my emotions? I want to believe it but I know its fake anyway, curse you internet and your emotion stirring ways, CURSE YOU! 

I want Klonoa in this game more than anything but it's just not gonna happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

I too, would take Klonoa over Pacman any day, but he's had a few obscure GBA games and one remake on Wii that made no major impression and was quickly forgotten about by most.  He is not happening.

Reminds me to try and track down a copy of Klonoa 2 for PS2 sometime though, since I did enjoy said Wii remake.

The GBA was just released on the VC btw, but Namco and Nintendo do have a strong relationship

Also personaly I'm rooting for this guy

Screen_Shot_2012-10-11_at_2.26.57_PM.png

Dig%20Dug.png

DigDug of course!

He said it didn't appear in the Greninja trailer (which it didn't), not the Smash direct.:

I believe it actually DID appear in the Greninja trailer, other people pointed it out.

As much as I don't think Klonoa has any chance of making it (I bring up Lloyd because I think he has a remote shot at getting in over Pac-Man), I'd have also taken him over Pac-Man.

Jeez. I'm really slow on noticing stuff. I originally thought that Yoshi was part of the first group of characters announced, and now I've just noticed that Captain Falcon isn't present in the cast yet, either. Why leave him out? It's pretty freakin' obvious he's going to be in it, he's gotta be! Unless they're saving his announcement to coincide with something else? ...hmph.

I guess they did that with Yoshi, even though his presence was also friggin' obvious. I think the only characters left from the original smash, are Ness and Jigglypuff as well. I don't see why they'd leave them out.

2527952-smash.jpg

The original 12 have always been there.

Speaking of announcements, I really thought that Wario would've been announced with Mario Kart 8 and Meta Knight being announced with Kirby: Triple Deluxe. My thirst for more smash news is not being quenched, they better have something fackin' spectacular for E3, or me become very pissed...

Falcon is a surefire return, Ness is very likely (seeing as Mother 2 is the only game to be released in all regions), but Jiggles is a little questionable.  It could go either way - she might get veteran privileges, but on the flipside she is not the secondary mascot for the franchise after Pikachu that she used to be.

The only characters who have an even remote chance of getting cut from the Original 12 are Jigglypuff and Ness. And honestly, please, don't just ASSUME that the Original 12 are always safe. They're safer than characters from the immediately previous game, but Jiggly almost got cut from Brawl and Ness barely made it into both Melee and Brawl. Ness only stuck around for Melee because Earthbound 64 was canceled.

Its possible, though unlikely, Ness might get dropped. Jigglypuff? I think its far more likely she might be cut now than ever, the only thing she has going for her is seniority. Barely anyone likes Jigglypuff, and the only thing notable she has is Rest. She's not even that popular or relevant in Pokemon anymore (Jigglypuff still appears, but isn't highly promoted and hasn't appeared in the anime for a long time).

They could just as easily represent Jigglypuff by making her a very common (perhaps unlockable) Pokeball, where she just appears in rest form. If you try and approach her she wakes up and anyone nearby goes flying (based on how Rest works normally when she's playable).

It can go either way, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jiggles gets cut.

Captain Falcon? Everyone KNOWS he's in. I think they're more worried about showing off the characters people are nervous might be cut but are still in the game first, such as Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike.

Speaking of announcements, I really thought that Wario would've been announced with Mario Kart 8 and Meta Knight being announced with Kirby: Triple Deluxe. My thirst for more smash news is not being quenched, they better have something fackin' spectacular for E3, or me become very pissed...

Mario Kart 8 isn't anywhere close to even being called Wario related game, it just has Wario in it...

MetaKnight isn't in Triple Deluxe, so it wouldn't really make sense either.

As much as I don't think Klonoa has any chance of making it (I bring up Lloyd because I think he has a remote shot at getting in over Pac-Man), I'd have also taken him over Pac-Man.

I hate to play the devil's advocate, but if a there were a Tales of rep in Smash then it might be Asbel. At least according to the previous Tales of Festival popularity polls, Asbel was voted to be one of the more popular characters. Since he came from a recent Nintendo game and a mothership title, he would most likely get in if Sakurai were to take the Japanese fans into account.

Personally, I don't want Asbel (boring as fuck main character) and would much prefer Yuri, since he's appeared on Nintendo platforms on crossover spinoff games. Buuut I wouldn't mind Lloyd as he would be a pretty unique swordsman to play as.

I wish people would stop bringing up "Namco reps." Namco is just extra manpower to make development go faster, I think people are vastly overestimating the influence they have over the game. Sakurai has already said they won't be getting special treatment. If Pac-Man gets into the game it's because Sakurai thinks he belongs in the game.

I wish people would stop bringing up "Namco reps." Namco is just extra manpower to make development go faster, I think people are vastly overestimating the influence they have over the game. Sakurai has already said they won't be getting special treatment. If Pac-Man gets into the game it's because Sakurai thinks he belongs in the game.

This. I'd rather not have a Namco rep. I'm perfectly fine with references to Namco through the S Flag, but why do we NEED a Namco character? Namco has been close with Nintendo, but they don't have any characters or anything that particularly stands out as being closely connected to Nintendo, unlike Mega Man and Sonic.

Yeah, I know Snake was added, but it was for a totally different reason. I think Snake would come back before we get a Namco rep.

I hate to play the devil's advocate, but if a there were a Tales of rep in Smash then it might be Asbel. At least according to the previous Tales of Festival popularity polls, Asbel was voted to be one of the more popular characters. Since he came from a recent Nintendo game and a mothership title, he would most likely get in if Sakurai were to take the Japanese fans into account.

Personally, I don't want Asbel (boring as fuck main character) and would much prefer Yuri, since he's appeared on Nintendo platforms on crossover spinoff games. Buuut I wouldn't mind Lloyd as he would be a pretty unique swordsman to play as.

Problem with Asbel is Nintendo fans wouldn't know much about him. Plus the roster would've likely been defined two years ago.

Nothing wrong with hoping that a namco character gets in is there?

Nothing wrong with hoping that a namco character gets in is there?

No, the problem is people assuming Namco WILL get a rep. Hope all you want, just don't assume anything.

No, the problem is people assuming Namco WILL get a rep. Hope all you want, just don't assume anything.

Whats wrong with assuming though? Unless anybody is doing it in a bad manner (which I don't think anyone has) there isn't really any point in getting worked up over people just simply hoping that their favorite character from another company gets in. Sure some of its not likely to happen but its not like its really hurting anybody if a couple of assumptions are made.

^ "Assume" and "hope" were used interchangeably there but they are very different words.

Assuming means "I expect something along these lines", hoping means "it'd be nice to get something along these lines but I am not expecting it".

Depending on the way people phrase their posts, they can be read as one or the other, but if someone seems more leaning towards the former, the realists tend to step in and remind of how unlikely it is.

^ "Assume" and "hope" were used interchangeably there but they are very different words.

Assuming means "I expect something along these lines", hoping means "it'd be nice to get something along these lines but I am not expecting it".

Depending on the way people phrase their posts, they can be read as one or the other, but if someone seems more leaning towards the former, the realists tend to step in and remind of how unlikely it is.

Fair enough, I just don't like the whole "this ain't happening because of reasons" line that crops up when someones just trying to speculate a character they want, its pretty condescending and takes out some of the fun of speculation.

There are so many fanboys out there with wild, ridiculous ideas that unfortunately it's kind of a thing where unless you clarify in your post how likely you think something is people tend to assume that your how likely rating is "99%" lol.

You know what's ridiculous?

Ridley in smash.

Serious though, I'm not sure if I want new pacman in the game.

I'll be honest, if they have some really sick CGI and pacman joins in, it'll probably be awesome like they did with mega man.

I wouldn't mind pacman but I'd prefer Rayman which is unlikely sadly.

• Thumbs Up 1

He'd be too big!

Or even worse, he's too small because they made everyone else too big to compensate for his size.

There are so many fanboys out there with wild, ridiculous ideas that unfortunately it's kind of a thing where unless you clarify in your post how likely you think something is people tend to assume that your how likely rating is "99%" lol.

Heh heh, good point.

Actualy, the one thing that makes me not entirely opposed to Pac-man getting in is that Sakurai would make it a version that embodies the entirety of Pac-man, not just the original or the new, I mean look at Mega-man, he is a balance of his various looks and fits in right next to the rest characters, and I would expect no less of Pac-man, or Ridley if he ever got in

Now I'm not saying he's getting in, fact is he has as much of a chance as say Ridley or K.Rool, but no matter who gets in Sakurai is going to do his best that the entire cast of Smash Bros embrace their differences in design, while making a unified style that makes them all work together

...would still prefer Dig Dug though :P

Actualy, the one thing that makes me not entirely opposed to Pac-man getting in is that Sakurai would make it a version that embodies the entirety of Pac-man, not just the original or the new, I mean look at Mega-man, he is a balance of his various looks and fits in right next to the rest characters, and I would expect no less of Pac-man, or Ridley if he ever got in

Now I'm not saying he's getting in, fact is he has as much of a chance as say Ridley or K.Rool, but no matter who gets in Sakurai is going to do his best that the entire cast of Smash Bros embrace their differences in design, while making a unified style that makes them all work together

...would still prefer Dig Dug though tongue.png

I wouldn't mind Dig Dug either, but only if he uses his ridiculously over-detailed Namco x Capcom look.

digdug.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6