Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

So now that they canned Pokemon Trainer and friends for solo Charizard, why did they never just call him Red? I mean most people know his name is Red if they played Gold/Silver. Always seemed weird

You can make it so everyone addresses Link with your name. They don't call him "Hylian Knight". (edit) YES I REALIZE IT'S A STUPID COMPARISON, BUT I FIND POKEMON TRAINER A STUPID NAME

Just seems odd to me :/

You can make it so everyone addresses Link with your name. They don't call him "Hylian Knight". (edit) YES I REALIZE IT'S A STUPID COMPARISON, BUT I FIND POKEMON TRAINER A STUPID NAME

Just seems odd to me :/

Unlike Red I think some (if not all) zelda games started you off with the name link when you started the game on the name entry screen, letting you know that that was his actual name but you still had the choice to change it.

Unlike Red I think some (if not all) zelda games started you off with the name link when you started the game on the name entry screen, letting you know that that was his actual name but you still had the choice to change it.

Yeah that edit was to show the comparison wasn't for serious argument. Yeah, Link is an established character(s) while Red, Ethan and co. are simply blank avatars in the usual one game they are featured. Pokemon Trainer just seems like such a generic and long name, but I guess that's what they were going for.

It's just the fan in me that wanted Red to be his name I guess :P

Are we gonna have a SSMB tournament for this game when it comes out though? That'd be rad

Yeah that edit was to show the comparison wasn't for serious argument. Yeah, Link is an established character(s) while Red, Ethan and co. are simply blank avatars in the usual one game they are featured. Pokemon Trainer just seems like such a generic and long name, but I guess that's what they were going for.

It's just the fan in me that wanted Red to be his name I guess tongue.png

Are we gonna have a SSMB tournament for this game when it comes out though? That'd be rad

Oh sorry about that, didn't see the edit while reading through it the first time.

He couldn't be the canon Red anyway since Red's only canon appearance has him as a mute.  =U

Ninja'd Ninja'd Ninja'd believe it.

Yeah, that looks great. Hopefully it's actually fun to play. I like that it isn't a scroller. 

Oh wow, wasn't expecting that. Mondays are usually boring, but this is the last week before E3. Stage is looking good, though.

Aw. I was hoping for Bowserland from 3D World. (You'd think we'd have at least one Bowser's Castle in the series, but I guess not.)

The stage is called Mushroom Kingdom U.

Pic of the day. Here's a new Wii U stage, Mushroom Kingdom U! It brings to life the worlds of New Super Mario Bros. U.

And it'll be playable at E3.

When Kamek casts a spell, the stage transforms drastically! That said, this is not what you would call a moving stage…

…By the way, this stage will be playable in the demo version of the game for E3, a game expo that starts on June 10 in Los Angeles.

Oh hey Kamek just got deconfirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet, a new stage reveal! 

But still no info on that Elite 4 Kalos League stage yet? Kay...

Makes sense. All of the previous games had at least one Mushroom Kingdom stage and this one is looking really cool. Liking that it incorporates multiple different levels rather than just one and Kamek acting as the transition between them is a neat idea. Interesting that Sakurai pulled kind of a reversal by making the 3D Land stage a scrolling level and the NSMBU stage a static one. XD

The level looks great. NSMBU had great backgrounds, but the foregrounds being 2D and prerendered was lame. This fixes that. I wish NSMBU would've looked like this.

• Thumbs Up 6

Bowser's Castle could still happen. Nothing stopping them from adding three Mario stages.

Never know, Bowser's... or Princess Peach's taken over... Castle could be a phase for Mushroom Kingdom U.  Though I'd rather have a separate Bowser Castle stage myself.

If Smash Bros U has a Mario Kart stage of any kind, petition for it to be MK8's Bowser Castle complete with a remix of that amazing music

So is this week going to be a load of stuff that's playable at E3?

If so here's hoping for a character reveal by the end

• Thumbs Up 2

So is this week going to be a load of stuff that's playable at E3?

If so here's hoping for a character reveal by the end

Well, keep in mind we already know the playable characters at E3. Although it would be cool if we got a character announcement this week.

Ohhh, I like the look of this stage. And it actually looks nicer than the game it came from! Hard to believe that E3 is only a week away and we're still getting updates. I say keep em coming!

Damnit, I was hoping the franchise that represents everything wrong with Nintendo (to me) wouldn't get represented, but ah well. I at least hope the stage is fun. 

Damnit, I was hoping the franchise that represents everything wrong with Nintendo (to me) wouldn't get represented, but ah well. I at least hope the stage is fun. 

I actually think NSMBU is the best in the series but ok. 8I

Also, there hasn't been a NSMB stage in the Smash series, so it's nice we get one now.

It'll help boost Wii U sales to advertise its Mario Bros. game in its most hype upcoming release, so it kinda makes sense.

I just hope the music selection for it is good because NSMB music ~-~