Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It doesn't help that Nintendo refuses to re-release Fire Emblem games, barring the two remakes of Marth's story, one of which didn't even make it overseas, and Sacred Stones, which still is accessible to the small amount of people who bought a 3DS early. There definitely needs to be some more push for this series, starting with localizing the first six games in a compilation pack or something.

On a side note, I love how convolutedly detailed Ike is.

2rze8a0.jpg

Shiny blue armor guards for the lower legs, shoulder, and lower arms, different pieces of leather everywhere, belts galore, an olive-green leg band, blue and black undershirt, Smash is certainly matching the details RD Ike had 1:1. Standing next to a Villager provides the perfect contrast.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unfortunately the Radiant games are really hard to find and kinda expensive.. Nintendo need to really sort out their digital game ecosystem and fix that.

Also, they're hard as fuck. I'm stuck on the first level of Radiant Dawn. I mean I know I suck at FE but come on. :((

2rze8a0.jpg

Shiny blue armor guards for the lower legs, shoulder, and lower arms, different pieces of leather everywhere, belts galore, an olive-green leg band, blue and black undershirt, Smash is certainly gunning for the details RD Ike had. Standing next to a Villager provides the perfect contrast.

Yeah, he looks surprisingly detailed as well on the 3DS version. I'd say he's probably the most detailed one on that version actually.

I'm not much of an oldbie to Fire Emblem myself. Awakening got me more interested in the series but I had played Sacred Stones beforehand. 

Just...Ike being called "obscure" and "insignificant" and shit bothers the hell out of even me and I haven't even played his games yet. Like, come on. You guys must have played Brawl at least. :U

• Thumbs Up 3

What difficulty are you on? This isn't like Project X Zone and Awakening where you can just blow through the whole game, there's some definite strategy needed.

It doesn't help that Nintendo refuses to re-release Fire Emblem games, barring the two remakes of Marth's story, one of which didn't even make it overseas, and Sacred Stones, which still is accessible to the small amount of people who bought a 3DS early. There definitely needs to be some more push for this series, starting with localizing the first six games in a compilation pack or something.

2rze8a0.jpg

Shiny blue armor guards for the lower legs, shoulder, and lower arms, different pieces of leather everywhere, belts galore, an olive-green leg band, blue and black undershirt, Smash is certainly matching the details RD Ike had 1:1. Standing next to a Villager provides the perfect contrast.

Smash 4 is really impressive with the details in general. It's very pleasing to look at and I'm glad Sakurai is taking full advantage of the hardware this time.

Ok on a more interesting and most likely fake note, who's ready to look at some more """"leaks""""! (I assure you I use the term loosely!)

ix4g9l1.jpg?1

UaAv4yn.jpg?1

These make the character select screen look crazy jumbled, and having 3 rows as opposed to 4 when there seem to be so many frickin slots on each row just makes it look kinda.. well, not real. I dunno. Yeah, this is almost certainly fake, but I can't help but enjoy seeing things like this anyway.

Also, "counting" the slots in those images makes the whole roster seem around.. 50. With the final slot on the bottom right presumably being a "Random" slot. Suuper huge amount, whoever made this is a big dreamer. Still, gotta say the arrangements for this make sense. Space next to Yoshi for Wario, space next to DK for Diddy, etc.

Also for what it's worth, if this were real, it'd be the screen for E3 and it'd probably imply that the other characters aren't "locked" so much as not in the playable build yet.. If the final roster looked like this, I'm thinking everything would be unlocked from point one unfortunately.

EDIT: I'm on Normal difficulty probably, I'm just terrible at FE games tbh.

Ok on a more interesting and most likely fake note, who's ready to look at some more """"leaks""""! (I assure you I use the term loosely!)

ix4g9l1.jpg?1

UaAv4yn.jpg?1

These make the character select screen look crazy jumbled, and having 3 rows as opposed to 4 when there seem to be so many frickin slots on each row just makes it look kinda.. well, not real. I dunno. Yeah, this is almost certainly fake, but I can't help but enjoy seeing things like this anyway.

Also, "counting" the slots in those images makes the whole roster seem around.. 50. With the final slot on the bottom right presumably being a "Random" slot. Suuper huge amount, whoever made this is a big dreamer.

EDIT: I'm on Normal difficulty probably, I'm just terrible at FE games tbh.

Did the Brawl character slots have generic backgrounds, or were they color coated?

Edit: Just checked. They did.

Unfortunately the Radiant games are really hard to find and kinda expensive.. Nintendo need to really sort out their digital game ecosystem and fix that.

Also, they're hard as fuck. I'm stuck on the first level of Radiant Dawn. I mean I know I suck at FE but come on. sad.png(

Personally I think it'd be cool to see the Radiant games get the HD treatment with a few mechanics from Awakening to appeal to the Awakening crowd. Heck, they might be interested in doing that.

But regardless, all this backlash against Ike is driving me nuts. I haven't even played Awakening, but I've heard that although its attracted the casual audience (which is good), its also not considered to be very true to the classic Fire Emblem games. Its extremely easy and is also easy to get very broken due to the ability to traverse the World Map. Consequently, that makes it very similar to Sacred Stones, which I ironically loved.

But that said although Radiant Dawn is hard its by far my favorite game in the series, probably with Geneology at a close second (although Geneology is significantly easier than a lot of games in the series).

I still need to play me some Gaiden.

Another reason Ike might be so obscure to others now is because, barring Awakening DLC, he's currently the Smash rep confirmed for Smash 4 who has gone without a game the longest. Ike's last game was in 2007, whereas everyone else had at least one game between that time and now (Radiant Dawn outdates Wii Fit by a few months). Marth at least had Shadow Dragon to keep himself in mind in the west.

ix4g9l1.jpg?1

UaAv4yn.jpg?1

And here we see yet another fake "leak" image again! Nothing new here... It looks fine I guess, at least the people who fake these reveals actually try.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still need to play me some Gaiden.

Another reason Ike might be so obscure to others now is because, barring Awakening DLC, he's currently the Smash rep confirmed for Smash 4 who has gone without a game the longest. Ike's last game was in 2007, whereas everyone else had at least one game between that time and now (Radiant Dawn outdates Wii Fit by a few months). Marth at least had Shadow Dragon to keep himself in mind in the west.

I've never tried Gaiden. It sounds kinda interesting, though. Thracia 776 is hard as hell. I've beaten Geneology, all the GBA games and both Radiant games. I was never able to get past the fourth chapter in Thracia without losing a character and naturally I can't allow that.

Unfortunately the casual mode being a staple is kind of annoying to me. The mechanic I always loved about Fire Emblem IS permadeath. Naturally, you never want any characters to die so it makes you extra cautious. Removing that may make the games easier... way, way easier... and opens up to a casual market, but I feel that Fire Emblem has lost the aspect of the games that made them truly special.

I just never use casual mode when I boot up FE12.

FE13 I don't give enough of a shit about to do anything but casual mode so I don't miss any supports.

And here we see yet another fake "leak" image again! Nothing new here... It looks fine I guess, at least the people who fake these reveals actually try.

I like how it says player 3 on all of the player slots.

I like how it says player 3 on all of the player slots.

I think those are actually CPU levels.

Also, what's with the "color" option?

I think those are actually CPU levels.

Also, what's with the "color" option?

Maybe it's to change the color scheme of the menu I guess.

That seems like such pointless addition lol. Like they just needed something to put there that looked important.

'Eh, I saw both screenshots on a Youtube vid. The character rosters for each franchise line up fairly accurately. If this is accurate, that makes 54 characters, or perhaps 53 if there's a "Random" button in the lower right corner. (Actually I'm positive it is a random button.)

That basically means... 50 characters + 3 bonus third-party characters. Frankly I hope this leak IS legit, although naturally I'm questioning it. The previous "roster" leak was believable only momentarily until it was obvious that the veteran artworks were crap (and fully debunked with Ike's reveal). This one could be interesting... I really like the roster layout and of course the number of characters, but I'm questionable on it.

At least they didn't try predicting a full roster (except the count) in this one. Honestly, I'd think that they would do a full roster reveal in these kinds of things if it was actually fake, but I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting hopeful for a 50+ roster when I figured 50 absolute max, but more likely 45.

• Thumbs Up 1

They probably looked at the design in the direct and copied it here.

Creating your own design is easy. Copying one exactly isn't that easy to do, though.

Also I failed in my previous comment. The roster list is actually 50, not 53. I'm still cautious, but I'm starting to believe its legit.

ix4g9l1.jpg?1

UaAv4yn.jpg?1

Also:

OzLHRQQ.jpgNot sure why Mega Man vanishes there. 

And yes, next to Pit there is a character whose name ends with Y selected from the Metroid series. They are also inexplicably unlocked. 

Whatever it is, I don't think 50 characters is too farfetched. There's still quite a few veterans to return and I highly doubt they spoiled so many new comers to us before the game came out, or at the very least this early on. We got 30 characters up on the Smash dealeo, things like Capt. Falcon, Ness, Game and Watch, Wario, and prolly more to get it close to 40, and the rest could be new up until 50-ish. I actually counted 17 across, so times 3 that'd make 51, the one extra being Random, so 50 total. Minus 2 for the third party folks and 48 Nintendo reps would be super rad. Buuuut of course like everyone else, it's hard to believe anything whatsoever as just an image on the internet, so I'm just saying in general lawl. However, with how focused it's been on characters this time instead of "look how much shit Brawl will haaaaave!" like the teasers for Brawl was like (composers, big story, extra little modes, extra...extras, etc), I wouldn't be surprised if the roster does spit out to 50, so fingers crossed I guess *shrugs*.

Also:

*snip*

Not sure why Mega Man vanishes there. 

And yes, next to Pit there is a character whose name ends with Y selected from the Metroid series. They are also inexplicably unlocked. 

It can only be one o_o

Mom_anthonyhiggs.jpg

ANTHONY FO SHO

• Thumbs Up 6

Don't even joke about that. I'd love to have a Badass Normal like Anthony in Smash.

At least give him a Trophy.

Whatever it is, I don't think 50 characters is too farfetched. There's still quite a few veterans to return and I highly doubt they spoiled so many new comers to us before the game came out, or at the very least this early on. We got 30 characters up on the Smash dealeo, things like Capt. Falcon, Ness, Game and Watch, Wario, and prolly more to get it close to 40, and the rest could be new up until 50-ish. I actually counted 17 across, so times 3 that'd make 51, the one extra being Random, so 50 total. Minus 2 for the third party folks and 48 Nintendo reps would be super rad. Buuuut of course like everyone else, it's hard to believe anything whatsoever as just an image on the internet, so I'm just saying in general lawl. However, with how focused it's been on characters this time instead of "look how much shit Brawl will haaaaave!" like the teasers for Brawl was like (composers, big story, extra little modes, extra...extras, etc), I wouldn't be surprised if the roster does spit out to 50, so fingers crossed I guess *shrugs*.

Agreed, I think 50 is believable and its perfectly plausible that these are snapshots from the Best Buy demos which have already been sent so they're ready in two weeks for E3.

Also:

OzLHRQQ.jpgNot sure why Mega Man vanishes there. 

I believe what its showing off is an "unlock" feature built into the demo. One thing I myself was thinking of before was it'd be cool if, in the demo, you defeated Ridley on the Pyrosphere stage and then... SURPRISE! "New Challenger Approaching..." and its Ridley. I think it'd be a really cool dynamic if you could unlock characters during the demo.

Granted its hard to tell at this point, but I like the look of this character select screen. Its different, and it shows all we're getting right off the bat.

Well there is blue.

I think the "blue" is after a character is selected, the background changes color. If you look in the corner, you can see a purple curved limb of some sort. Looks like Ridley's wing wrapping around.