Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If anything this Thunder feels more tactical in using combos instead of just being the Star K.O fodder it's always been. Plus, a meteor smash like that looks like you could possibly do a ground recovery before you get slammed with another attack.

Kind of wish we got an early demo to test things out to be honest...

If anything this Thunder feels more tactical in using combos instead of just being the Star K.O fodder it's always been. Plus, a meteor smash like that looks like you could possibly do a ground recovery before you get slammed with another attack.

Kind of wish we got an early demo to test things out to be honest...

Thankfully E3 is only a couple of months away.  Hopefully there will be a demo of Smash 4 on the show floor and people and publications will be uploading footage of matches.

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th...

I don't know what to expect, something big obviously though. I imagine this is where they'll finally show us some of the main features of the game.

And new characters pleaseeeeee

Here's a link to the news: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796223

Pic of the Day:

Tt9EM2t.jpg

"Pic of the day. Hello fighters! I'll assist you with fresh-picked fruit from my town!♪"

So Isabelle is an Assist Trophy. I guess she gives out healing items.

I never noticed Isabelle has buck teeth. She is a dog right?

You know what annoys me, though? Isabelle is from the latest Animal Crossing, right? So, obviously Sakurai is paying attention to the latest things in the franchises, too. So why in the world have we seen nothing from A Link Between Worlds? =( No, instead we get Toon Link again and Spirit Tracks and OOT 3D stages  =(

Maybe because New Leaf has been out in Japan since 2012, where as A Link Between Worlds came out only four months ago?  There's gotta be a cut off point somewhere.

It's been out for 6 months actually. And of course it's been in development longer than that. So he could've done something with it.

At first glance, I actually thought the Smash Direct link was a reveal trailer for a playable Isabelle and got really excited.

Now I'm bummed. I wanna play as Isabelle...

There's also the issue that New Leaf is the first Animal Crossing game that has really majorly overhauled the franchise and brought in a lot of new stuff worth representing.

Rosalina didn't appear in Brawl because for a franchise with as many games to draw from as Mario, they seemingly decided to focus on Gamecube and DS stuff that didn't get repped in Melee.

I doubt we'll see much from 3D World or many Wii U games either if anything.

I doubt we'll see much from 3D World or many Wii U games either if anything.

Of course not. That would require WiiU games to exist.

troll_face_dancing_banana_by_zorkky-d3cy

In all seriousness, I'm at least counting on some Nintendoland representation, however small. Anything later than that is kind of pushing it, unless they pull a Roy and introduce content in advance of the game they're actually based on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Olimar has the whistle in his helmet, a minor detail...that's not a very significant thing.

It's been out for 6 months actually. And of course it's been in development longer than that. So he could've done something with it.

Nope, 4 months.  Well, a little over 4 months.  The game was released on November 22nd in North America and Europe and heck for the Japanese it's only been out for a little over 3.

Pikmin 3 stuff is in the game and that came out in August.

Again, the difference here is this is the ONLY new thing since last Smash that they can draw from for Pikmin.  Meanwhile other franchises have several games from last gen to cover.

EDIT: Having said this though, thus far Pokémon seems to be covering the most recent game over say, Black and White.  Still wondering (i.e. hoping) if we might get B&W Pokémon Trainer(s).

• Thumbs Up 1

Why the B/W trainers? I think the XY ones fit better as they can have alt costumes already from the game and different hair/skin color.

Ok, considering the latest pick of the day, i want to make a recap of the current assist trophies and their effects:

-Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda): effects unknow, but most likely he will summon the moon;

-Nintendog: apparently same effect as it had in Brawl, but with a different dog type;

-Starfy (The Legendary Starfy): apparently same effect as it had in Brawl;

-Mother Brain (Metroid): shoots her rainbow laser of death in the direction she faces;

-Waluigi (Wario): apparently same effect as he had in Brawl;

-Ashely (Wario): effects unknow (never played the WarioWare games, so i don't know what she's capable of);

-Andross (Star Fox): apparently same effect as he had in Brawl;

-Isabelle (Animal Crossing): she leaves recovery items;

So far they look interesting, with various effects and bringing someone new to the table while having others back from Brawl (i still wanted Waluigi to be playable though); i wonder if the number of these AT will keep rising and eventually will be the same if not superior to the AT we had in Brawl.

Btw, what charactes do you want to be back as AT and who do you want to be a new AT? Personally, my top pics are the return of Mr. Resetti and having the Duck Hunt dog as a new AT (sorry for those who want it to be playable).

The only one that could take its spot and surpass it's annoyingness is Fawful, but since i want him playable, i didn't listed it.

I was just making a joke about how much people talk in the games =P I don't actually care for him to be replaced. Though, replacing him with Fi would be hilarious.

I'm hoping for Dr. Eggman to be an assist trophy. He can have the wrecking ball from the first boss in sonic 1.

I want shadow to come back but I want him to do something different other than being like the stopwatch item from brawl.

It'd be great if Eggman could appear as an Assist Trophy with a small selection of iconic attachments for the Egg Mobile.  Maybe, I dunno, Wrecking Ball, Drill and Hammer from 1, 2 and Advance.  A nice selection that isn't overly complex and easily readable both in the midst of a fight and for those who aren't familiar with Sonic and would have trouble predicting a more complex attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I'd rather see Eggman as a boss (assuming bosses are back) and Tails as an Assist Trophy. If bosses aren't back Eggman can be an Assist.

21a0bhc.jpg

Pic of the day. An insatiable, unidentified extraterrestrial is targeting a certain peaceful town…!

*insert obligatory "the baby" joke here*

So the Metroid Assist Trophy is confirmed to return.  That's nice and whatever.  Don't have all that much to say about it.

Polterpup could be cool Assist Trophy. Like he runs around and if he bumps into someone they fall down.

21a0bhc.jpg

Cool! Samus!

• Thumbs Up 1

Polterpup could be cool Assist Trophy. Like he runs around and if he bumps into someone they fall down.

Cool! Samus!

Oh God, you're right.  It finally happened.  The Metroid vaccine finally mutated Samus completely.  She's become the very thing she was sworn to eradicate.  Welp, nothing left for her to do but drain the life out of...everyone...

But anyway, yeah I'd be down for a polterpup assist trophy.