Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

tumblr_inline_n30gkyYSvf1rvd5iy.jpg

From Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)

...I get this is a little bit of humour, but... that last sentence!

tumblr_inline_n30go67H6N1rvd5iy.jpg

Well. Just maybe. We can HOPE this is real.

• Thumbs Up 2

What is Laytons status?

He's a bit of a funny one, although the studio that owns him is third party, all his games have been Nintendo exclusive. Does that account for anything at all?

Isn't it too early for April's fool?

actualy, there was an old article that included similar phrasing, prior to E3 last year, that also said Megaman, Little Mac, and (assumably) Geno were going to be ingame to, before either of the previous two had been announced

Wait, I remember now, it was on the official layton blog

but ya still questionable

tumblr_inline_n30gkyYSvf1rvd5iy.jpg

From Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)

...I get this is a little bit of humour, but... that last sentence!

tumblr_inline_n30go67H6N1rvd5iy.jpg

Well. Just maybe. We can HOPE this is real.

The ONM was out a couple weeks ago if I recall. I think its safe to say that there's a very good indication Professor Layton is in.

Honestly, of all the possible third-parties of yet, I think that Layton is the best choice. I'd rather not have Pac-Man. Professor Layton has been a staple on Nintendo handhelds. Hell, he's a better pick than the other two handheld franchises I anticipate getting in, Golden Sun and Advance Wars! Technically Advance Wars isn't handheld exclusive, but the original console Advance Wars games never made it to the west.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ONM was out a couple weeks ago if I recall. I think its safe to say that there's a very good indication Professor Layton is in.

Honestly, of all the possible third-parties of yet, I think that Layton is the best choice. I'd rather not have Pac-Man. Professor Layton has been a staple on Nintendo handhelds. Hell, he's a better pick than the other two handheld franchises I anticipate getting in, Golden Sun and Advance Wars! Technically Advance Wars isn't handheld exclusive, but the original console Advance Wars games never made it to the west.

there was Batallion wars 1 and 2, however niether of them had iconic characters

there was Batallion wars 1 and 2, however niether of them had iconic characters

The Batallion Wars games aren't actually part of the Advance Wars series. They were completely different games they gave "Advance Wars" names to in Japan to try and cash in on the series. Other than being based on modern warfare and being a Nintendo game with "Wars" in the title they have nothing in common with Advance Wars and nothing to do with the series at all.

Technically, at most you could call them a Gaiden to Advance Wars, but its hard to justify even calling them that.

What is Laytons status?

He's a bit of a funny one, although the studio that owns him is third party, all his games have been Nintendo exclusive. Does that account for anything at all?

He's had a couple of mobile spin-offs in Japan, and Nintendo had no involvement in the movie as far as I'm aware so yeah, he is most certainly a third party character even if he's had no main full video games away from Nintendo.

tumblr_n3ah25vyOH1sntotwo1_500.png

Looks like Luigi's got a new Final Smash! I'll kinda miss the weirdness of the Negative Zone, but hey, the Poltergust is neato.

Huh, so it looks like new final smashes for some characters are confirmed! (Have they been confirmed before?)

Despite me missing Luigi's Negative Zone (It gave me a good laugh, okay?) I'm looking forward to seeing how this new move will work.

• Thumbs Up 1

About time Weegee got some ghostly influence! Nice to see that Sakurai's willing to switch some of the previous final smashes up.

Kitty Bowser for Giga Bowser FS replacement.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well of course his Final Smash is different.

The Negative Zone was created from being in his brother's shadow, which means he can't use it because of The Year of Luigi.

Yes, I know the Negative Zone Trophy doesn't mention that in other translations. Shush.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_n3ah25vyOH1sntotwo1_500.png

Looks like Luigi's got a new Final Smash! I'll kinda miss the weirdness of the Negative Zone, but hey, the Poltergust is neato.

Uhm, i wonder if it will work like the vacuum weapon (can't remember the exact name right now) of Ratchet in PSASBR.

Was hoping the Poltergust would replace his down-B honestly, since it would serve as a nice parallel to the FLUDD, which is kind of Luigi's thing, at least in Smash

Also because I rarely ever play with Smash Balls on so I find it hard to care about characters' FSes in the first place

• Thumbs Up 1

Well of course his Final Smash is different.

The Negative Zone was created from being in his brother's shadow, which means he can't use it because of The Year of Luigi.

Yes, I know the Negative Zone Trophy doesn't mention that in other translations. Shush.

Makes sense to me, Luigi got a shit ton of love last year.

Glad to see a new final smash for Luigi. This one's actually fitting and isn't fucking stupid. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Glad to see a new final smash for Luigi. This one's actually fitting and isn't fucking stupid. 

Negative Zone ruled and was awesome.

It's cool to see the Poultergust worked into Luigi's moveset, but I wish it wasn't over Negative Zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

Both are fitting for the character...Negative Zone is based off of his personality...what you can possibly build off of his personality anyway, Poltergust 3000/5000 is from the actual games...what makes Negative zone stupid?

Negative Zone seemed like something out of a weird fan ficiton. It was unique functionally but I'm glad they actually changed it to reflect actual source material. Poltergust actually makes sense to anyone who's played one of the Luigi's Mansion games. 

On that note I'd like most characters' Final Smash to actually reflect their game appearances more or take from better source material. For example, I'd like to see DK get Rambi as his Final Smash instead of the Bongos.

YES! Sakurai listened to me! XD I always wanted Poltergust as a FS move so it's great to see that instead of whatever the hell Negative Zone was supposed to be. This also means that Mario, Link, Toon Link and a few others will get a new FS too. Maybe.

• Thumbs Up 6