Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Both are fitting for the character...Negative Zone is based off of his personality...what you can possibly build off of his personality anyway, Poltergust 3000/5000 is from the actual games...what makes Negative zone stupid?

I didn't really think it was fitting for the character. I didn't even think it was particularly based on his personality either- at least, his personality in the Mario games. Luigi in his own series doesn't really have much of a "dark side" himself, and I always felt that the Negative Zone was more of an extension of Smash's weird portrayal of Luigi. 

It wasn't a bad final smash in practice, but I'm just glad to see it replaced with something that has more to do with the character. 

On that note I'd like most characters' Final Smash to actually reflect their game appearances more or take from better source material. For example, I'd like to see DK get Rambi as his Final Smash instead of the Bongos.

I agree in general, although DK did use Bongos in some games. In DK64 he can destroy all enemies within the area by using a special move with them. There's also two rhythm games and an action game on the Gamecube that are played with a Bongo controller peripheral.

Donkey_Konga_Coverart.jpg250px-Donkey_Kong_Jungle_Beat_Coverart.j

Out of all the characters who I think should get new Final Smashes, Bowser and Wolf are up there. Bowser because, once again, Giga Bowser is really exclusive to Smash Bros' lore, and Wolf because he never canonically pilots a Landmaster in the Star Fox games (and 2 other characters already have that one).

On a side note, they really need to buff Cook Kirby or change it altogether. It's so easy to dodge.

• Thumbs Up 2

Agreed that it would have been nicer as a parallel to Mario's FLUDD but ah well.

Never had a problem with Negative Zone.  Once again let us not forget that Captain Falcon's entire moveset is made out of nothing game related.  Mario and Luigi's original Up+Bs and Down+Bs were pulled out of thin air too.

Never had a problem with Negative Zone.  Once again let us not forget that Captain Falcon's entire moveset is made out of nothing game related.  Mario and Luigi's original Up+Bs and Down+Bs were pulled out of thin air too.

Is that really a fair comparison, though? If they didn't make stuff up for Captain Falcon, F-Zero wouldn't have any representation- it's a racing game. There's basically nothing to go on, unless you wanna have him attacking from inside his car somehow. The Negative Zone was silly because they could've had Luigi doing something else. Like using the Poultergust for example...

And the Mario Bros' Up and Down specials were pulled out of thin air? Well, maybe the Mario/Luigi tornado, but the Super Jump Punch was definitely based on the games.

On that note I'd like most characters' Final Smash to actually reflect their game appearances more or take from better source material. For example, I'd like to see DK get Rambi as his Final Smash instead of the Bongos.

Bongos need to be changed for the sole reason that they are literally suicide if used on moving courses. 

(and i am fucking terrible at them)

Agreed that it would have been nicer as a parallel to Mario's FLUDD but ah well.

Well, the Super Jump Punch is based on not just the fact that the Bros. are known for, well, jumping, but the act of jumping into blocks from below (hence the coins when you hit other fighters, I suppose). That's how I interpret it, anyway. True about the spin attack, but that could've easily been based on the SMW spin jump or something.

I was fine with the Negative Zone but I think the Poultergust is a fine replacement. I would've preferred it being part of his normal specials, but oh well.

Is that really a fair comparison, though? If they didn't make stuff up for Captain Falcon, F-Zero wouldn't have any representation- it's a racing game. There's basically nothing to go on, unless you wanna have him attacking from inside his car somehow.

or better yet, have the Car itself be a Fighter!

NCOJAud.jpg

and yeah, the Mario/Luigi Tornado are defineitly based off the Spin Jump from Super Mario World, except a bit Flashier than in the Original game and all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was actually surprised that the Poltergust wasn't part of his moveset at all in Brawl, it's good to see that it's finally here, I guess it's going to work with Luigi sucking the other characters in with it and either once he finally catches them they go into the Poltergust itself and that counts as a KO or they get stuck in the nozzle and Luigi can choose where to shoot them out.

It's also pretty cool to see veterans getting new Final Smashes, a lot of new material for them has been made since Brawl, like Masked Dedede and a powered up hammer.

Oh and I think my favorite part of that new picture is Donkey Kong to the right.

2nQREAT.png

That Kong always makes me laugh whenever he appears in one of these pictures.

Didn't Mario have a tornado spin in Super Mario World?

spin.jpg

It was more of a spin jump attack and not a tornado spin. They probably did base Mario and Luigi's Down+B on that move, though.

They need to either Give Mario a new Final smash or buff up his old one some more, cause I found it terribly weak.

Kirby I'm expecting a Ultra Ability like the Ultra Sword from Return to Dreamland or Hypernova Kirby, or possibly Microphone Kirby.

Pit hopefully should get either the combined 3 Sacred Treasures or the one he used to defeat hades

Dededee I'm hoping for Masked Dededee, similar to Wario Man as he get's hell of a lot more faster, powerful and more range on his moves.

Peach, I don't know what to think of for her, Cat suit maybe, but I want her Final Smash changed mainly cause her's is easily avoidable by remaining airborn or hanging from a ledge.

Bowser can keep Giga bowser, through they should make him Invincible while in effect, kinda not fair that out of all the Final Smashes, his is the only one that has him taking damage.

And Lucario and Mewtwo if back need their Mega Evolutions.

Sakurai talked about Final Smashes for the first time two weeks ago when he showed the Smash Ball, and the first Final Smash shown in these pics is the one damn near everyone anticipated and wanted. Good stuff.

So that makes 4 Final Smashes known - Zero Laser, Wii Fit Trainer poses, Giga Mac, and Poltergust. Wonder what's next.

Speaking about Bowser's Final Smash, he can go the if-it-ain't-broke route and have Kamek come in for his Final Smash, make him giant, and he can then tower over in the background and shoot fireballs and swipe at the stage with his claws. Relevant, fits the character, all that jazz.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that really a fair comparison, though? If they didn't make stuff up for Captain Falcon, F-Zero wouldn't have any representation- it's a racing game. There's basically nothing to go on, unless you wanna have him attacking from inside his car somehow. The Negative Zone was silly because they could've had Luigi doing something else. Like using the Poultergust for example...

And the Mario Bros' Up and Down specials were pulled out of thin air? Well, maybe the Mario/Luigi tornado, but the Super Jump Punch was definitely based on the games.

Based upon but not a direct representation or anything.  But yeah, I get what you're saying, I'm just saying there's tons of accepted times where Smash Bros has done original things for character moves.  I have no problem with losing them for that reason, but had no problem with them in the first place.  I'm glad Luigi's Mansion is getting rep via a move BUT I also don't think characters should use moves just because they're there to be used.  Obviously they didn't come up with a good enough gameplay idea for the Poltergust to use it last game (though also possible they couldn't use it for other technical reasons, budget etc).

Regarding Spin Jump vs Tornado Spin, Smash Bros is well-versed enough on its fanservice to use the proper name for a move if it's meant to be that move so I'm pretty sure it's an original creation.

Regarding Spin Jump vs Tornado Spin, Smash Bros is well-versed enough on its fanservice to use the proper name for a move if it's meant to be that move so I'm pretty sure it's an original creation.

So I take Falcon is a huge narcissist judging from that logic then? tongue.png

I sort of wanted the poltergust to be part of his move set.

But this is still really good. Can't wait to see what it does.

I think it was obvious he would start revealing final smashes, after showing the smash ball.

Totally fake.  No actual person would have an Other M poster on their wall.

Seriously though, the model looks decent I guess, but I can't imagine why the game would zoom in that much.  Also, I'm pretty sure that screen is too clear given the ambient lighting in the room.  And I'm sure there's a bunch of other shit wrong with it too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Leak time

*WARNING, Random middle finger for no reason*

1396315045641.jpg

... Wasn't Marth revealed already?

/totalfinalfantasynoob

don't kill me

• Thumbs Up 1

Ill miss the negative zone, but the Poltergeist is a fine replacement. I really wish it was part of his actual moveset though. I bet it could work really well as a grab or something.

I bet Luigi will be able to move around with it and suck people up, and then launch them at the other fighters.

Chrom is near the top of my most wanted list so I want to believe! 

But at the same time, april fools.

• Thumbs Up 1

wait a second, is that an Irate Gamer picture to the left of the TV?

The only thing I can see that may been photoshopped is Marth eyes but then again, Chrom is related to him so they can share some facial feature.

The problem I had with this leak is the room; like why do this person own a copy of 4?