Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Something tells me this could end up being a pretty cheeky Kirbicide tactic against edgeguarders. Fall down far enough and you could probably just spike them with the cloud as they're trying to recover themselves.

I also have to wonder, though, if this is also a nerf in disguise. Thunder could land you a ridiculously easy star KO against an enemy already in the air - bringing them straight back down to earth will still bring them some hurt, but at least down there they have options to potentially recover and get their shit straight again.

I also have to wonder, though, if this is also a nerf in disguise. Thunder could land you a ridiculously easy star KO against an enemy already in the air - bringing them straight back down to earth will still bring them some hurt, but at least down there they have options to potentially recover and get their shit straight again.

The Nerf here is: The Cloud spawns noticabley lower than it originally did in Melee and Brawl...whether or not this is a major nerf or not is up to the individual player.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795596

Apparently Reuben Langdon is claiming to have played Raiden from Metal Gear in Smash Bros. Some say he's confusing it with PSASBR (ha) but that wouldn't make sense because he's not Raiden in that game. At least not as a VA credit. If he was a mocap credit, then it makes sense. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795596

Apparently Reuben Langdon is claiming to have played Raiden from Metal Gear in Smash Bros. Some say he's confusing it with PSASBR (ha) but that wouldn't make sense because he's not Raiden in that game. At least not as a VA credit. If he was a mocap credit, then it makes sense. 

Not likely. Either he's lying or he's thinking of something else entirely, because either Snake is coming back or he's not. And I can't see Snake coming back anyway.

As far as I remember and looked at in terms of voice game voice acting; Reuben Langdon did the voice of Ken Masters (Street Fighter IV) and Dante (Devil May Cry 3), but nothing on the Metal Gear series since Quinton Flynn does the voice of Raiden, including PASBR. I've also read that Reuben does stunt works too, so could he possibly mean he was doing stunt works for Raiden instead?

On the subject of Street Fighters.

I wouldn't object to Ryu being a playable character.

I don't even play or like the series, but if they're going to include another third-party character, a high-profile fighting game icon from Capcom wouldn't be too unfitting.

But those are just my thoughts. I'd prefer Snake to return anyway - his gadgets make for a much more variable and fun fighting style.

Even if Snake was back and Raiden was an Assist Trophy or something I couldn't imagine them needing new voicework for such a small role.

EDIT: Oh that link does mention the possibility of Codec Calls though.  Hrrrm.

As far as I remember and looked at in terms of voice game voice acting; Reuben Langdon did the voice of Ken Masters (Street Fighter IV) and Dante (Devil May Cry 3), but nothing on the Metal Gear series since Quinton Flynn does the voice of Raiden, including PASBR. I've also read that Reuben does stunt works too, so could he possibly mean he was doing stunt works for Raiden instead?

Reuben Langdon is a voice actor? That I did not know.

EDIT:

Oh... "played" as in "voiced." Sorry, I didn't catch that reference. :P

On the subject of Street Fighters.

I wouldn't object to Ryu being a playable character.

actually Sakurai himself stated that he doesnt like the idea of Fighting game characters to Smash Bros with very good reasoning too I would say. Wich in turn also rules out Tekken or Soul Calibur.

also if Snake comes back, I want two things

1) this, this, this, this, this and this and this

2) his Final Smash to be changed to him Jumping into Metal Gear REX ala MGS4

His Final Smash should just be the other fighters being mesmerized by his butt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Snake needs his final smash to be MGS 3-esque RPG spam by shooting then quick switching to skip the reload time.

Snake needs his final smash to be MGS 3-esque RPG spam by shooting then quick switching to skip the reload time.

*Imagines Snake throwing copies of Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, EarthBound, and etc all around the stage* that could work

His Final Smash should just be the other fighters being mesmerized by his butt.

His... Final Smash? Does Snake need an FS for that?

tumblr_m2s9woQqY01qlemyqo1_250.gif

why is pikachu geting buffed more

it feels like Sakurai is buffing all the characters who need nerfing and making the characters who need buffing even weaker

it feels like Sakurai is buffing all the characters who need nerfing and making the characters who need buffing even weaker

well could be worse, its not like he gave Meta Knight, and returned him with the ability to summon minions and the halbard

well could be worse, its not like he gave Meta Knight, and returned him with the ability to summon minions and the halbard

Meta Knight has nothing to do with this, he hasn't even been announced. 

It just feels like Sakurai is giving the characters who were already top tier in Brawl more significant buffs than the ones who DESPERATELY need them.

Honestly, I don't think pikachu really even need to be nerfed much anyway. If anything im pretty glad they're giving the little guy some combo potential (while simultaneously nerfing some of his range) and honestly I see this as being a pretty hard attack to set up in a combo unless you get really good at it.

actually Sakurai himself stated that he doesnt like the idea of Fighting game characters to Smash Bros with very good reasoning too I would say. Wich in turn also rules out Tekken or Soul Calibur.

>Sakurai against fighting game characters

>adds Lucario

>Fighting/Steel

>Adds Little Mac

>Boxer

Double standard is Sakurai's middle name apparently. You can argue that they're not from fighting games per say, they just have more fighting game styles to them if that makes sense.

*too tired to make sense of anything*

>adds Lucario

>Fighting/Steel

>Adds Little Mac

>Boxer

Double standard is Sakurai's middle name apparently.

Well, first of all, Lucario is from an RPG series. Sakurai didn't like the idea of adding fighting game characters. Regardless of what Lucario is he's not from a fighting game series.

As for Little Mac, it took four games for him to FINALLY add Little Mac. I think the fact that Smash only has Little Mac from fightning games (not a traditional fighting game, but Punch Out is still a variation of a fighting game) is hardly a "double standard." Its a BS comparison, 98% of the characters in Smash are from non-fighting games.

>adds Lucario

>Fighting/Steel

>Adds Little Mac

>Boxer

Double standard is Sakurai's middle name apparently. You can argue that they're not from fighting games per say, they just have more fighting game styles to them if that makes sense.

*too tired to make sense of anything*

You literally made the correct argument as to why you're wrong against yourself here lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meta Knight has nothing to do with this, he hasn't even been announced. 

It just feels like Sakurai is giving the characters who were already top tier in Brawl more significant buffs than the ones who DESPERATELY need them.

How many character tweaks have we even seen? Like, single digit? We barely know anything about this.

First of all, this is one move and it's not even an opaque buff.  Thunder being a meteor smash means that it can no longer be used for top screen KOs (i.e. the thing it was most commonly used for competitively).  It's a move with a different utility as opposed to just being a buff.  

Second of all, Pikachu isn't amazing and hasn't been since 64.  In Brawl he was pretty good, but not top tier.  Every character is deserving of balance adjustments particularly since this game's meta is likely to be different to Brawl's due to universal mechanics adjustments.  Pikachu getting "buffed" isn't an issue.

Third, where are you even getting the sentiment of characters being nerfed from?  There has been ZERO evidence of this.  Literally none. Please state an example of what you think is a nerf to a supposed bad character