Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Humoresque of a Little Dog and Nature/Forest Area existed in the game though. :V

Seeing that Windy Hill is a current-series stage and not a legacy/de facto stage, safe to say current-era games' music will take priority. Lost World first, then Sonic 4 Episodes I & II, Generations, and Colors' music. Everything else afterward.

I can see Starlight carnival act 1  music going well with the rainbow road stage.

If adding any songs with lyrics please have them play the whole song, it was cut down too short. 

Endless possibility would be nice to hear during battle.

Guess who's back?

8oTSZGQ.jpg

Assist Trophy, because I know someone out there's gonna be like "OMG! Starfy's playable!?"

My real question is "what's up with Pikachu?": his model doesn't look very good (maybe it's because it's in the middle of an animation).

Anyway, yeah, Starfy looks definetly an assist: otherwise we would have got a trailer and a bigger update on the site.

Pikachu looks fine to me. Certainly a bit more pudgier and a lot more huggable thanks to the deviation from the ultra-realistic look that Brawl and Melee went for.

Good to see Starfy's back, but a shame he didn't get upgraded to playable.

There was a time where Starfy was a big deal in Japan! He got like 5 games in the space of 7 years or something, but nothing since then. Maybe if he still got regular games he would have been a playable character, who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

My real question is "what's up with Pikachu?": his model doesn't look very good (maybe it's because it's in the middle of an animation).

Anyway, yeah, Starfy looks definetly an assist: otherwise we would have got a trailer and a bigger update on the site.

That's more to do with the rig than the model.  The model is leaps and bounds better than the Brawl and Melee models.  Mainly because he actually looks cute now as he's closer to his modern proportions and style.

I love Starfy~

Good to see him back, but I hope his Assist is better now. Poor thing is the weakest of the Assist Trophy bunch. D:

There was a time where Starfy was a big deal in Japan! He got like 5 games in the space of 7 years or something, but nothing since then. Maybe if he still got regular games he would have been a playable character, who knows.

Yeah, the last Starfy game came out in 2008 which was the first and only Starfy game released in the US in 2010. We haven't seen another since. Maybe we'll get a new Starfy on 3DS soon...I hope. It seems his popularity suddenly dwindled after the fifth game.

probably because his last game was terrible and boring

I haven't played the previous games.

Ahehe, I sorta agree. ^^; I've had the game for ages and I'm still only halfway through because it's so long and boring. The other games were much shorter, though I've only ever finished Starfy 4 and I liked it a lot more than Starfy 5 aka Legendary Starfy.

I guess Starfy is now in the Graveyard of disconfirmed characters.

hSWapBv.jpg

Got this image from this thread from Smashboards

But seriously though, hopefully Starfy is playable in the next game. I loved the Legendary Starfy when it came out a few years ago, and he's a painfully underused character. I also hope he isn't taken out as easily as he was in Brawl...poor guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess Starfy is now in the Graveyard of disconfirmed characters.

hSWapBv.jpg

Got this image from this thread from Smashboards

But seriously though, hopefully Starfy is playable in the next game. I loved the Legendary Starfy when it came out a few years ago, and he's a painfully underused character. I also hope he isn't taken out as easily as he was in Brawl...poor guy.

Ridley's too big for one of those graves.

RIDLEY CONFIRMED

• Thumbs Up 7

Did somebody seriously expected Balloon Fighter and Toad as playable characters? I can understand to some degree Skull Kid, but them?

Might as well hope for guys like Slippy, Prince Fluff or the Maestro from Wii Music.

• Thumbs Up 4

Did somebody seriously expected Balloon Fighter and Toad as playable characters? I can understand to some degree Skull Kid, but them?

Might as well hope for guys like Slippy, Prince Fluff or the Maestro from Wii Music.

I didn't expect him, but I wanted and still want Toad. He has no chance, I know, but he's a mainstay in the 4-player Mario games.

That and I feel like he makes no sense as a counter move for Peach. I mean seriously, he shoots out spores? Since fucking when

I didn't expect him, but I wanted and still want Toad. He has no chance, I know, but he's a mainstay in the 4-player Mario games.

That and I feel like he makes no sense as a counter move for Peach. I mean seriously, he shoots out spores? Since fucking when

Since When...? He's a living Mushroom/fungus...that was going to be a thing anyway whether it was official or not.

What's so outrageous about wanting Slippy Toad?

Since When...? He's a living Mushroom/fungus...that was going to be a thing anyway whether it was official or not.

I dunno man, I don't really see that as a logical extension of the character. Then again I never really understood Brawl's portrayal of Luigi either, so maybe it's just me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In-universe, Smash characters are treated as figurines of the real deal. Anything a character does is viewed as an extension of a child's pretend play.

Toad releasing spores may not make sense from a Mario-universe point of view, but from a child's point of view, who would presumably have real world knowledge to draw inspiration from as well as video game knowledge, it makes a bit more sense.

In other words, Mario's Toad does not release spores. Smash's Toad does.

In-universe, Smash characters are treated as figurines of the real deal. Anything a character does is viewed as an extension of a child's pretend play.

Toad releasing spores may not make sense from a Mario-universe point of view, but from a child's point of view, who would presumably have real world knowledge to draw inspiration from, it makes a bit more sense.

This just seems like rationalizing to me. Granted, Smash Bros does and should take liberties with characters' capabilities when the need arises, like many crossover games do, but I hardly think the whole doll/figurine thing that the game's framed in is really part of that decision-making process.

If it's weird for Toad to do, it's weird for Toad to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

IIR, Toads are not entirely mushrooms but only wear mushroom headgears, so i'm not sure if they could release spores.

IIR, Toads are not entirely mushrooms but only wear mushroom headgears, so i'm not sure if they could release spores.

Japanese name and meaning: Kinopio or Kinoko-zoku (キノコ族) = Mushroom People