Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I keep trying to think up a witty remark about that screenshot, but... I just can't. It's too damn glorious to mock.

True blue!

315g56v.jpg

Wow.

Really liking the way both characters are represented here.

Sakurai says:

I'm not trying to put a science behind it, but does this picture indicate that Sonic's spring will ultimately be higher than Megaman's? I only say this because the shockwave under Megaman seems to be dispersed more and Sonic's less but yet they are at the same height. Given, that could just be an aesthetic and reflect nothing gameplay wise.

But yeah... this picture is pretty cool.

Kinda stinky that they have the same recovery move, but hey, they both fit and both look GREAT.

I wonder what Megaman's Final Smash will be.  One of those screen-filling attacks from later in the X series?  Or maybe he'll put on the Rush Armor and...

Oh God.

Sonic and Megaman are CLONES OF ONE ANOTHER

Edited by Carl Brutananadilewski

Yeah man remember when Sonic threw metal blades at people in Brawl

Or when Mega Man did homing attacks in his games

Good times

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never really played much Mega Man beyond the first 3 and a bit of the X games

where is the dive missile from

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

... I've never really played much Mega Man beyond the first 3 and a bit of the X games where is the dive missile from
Mega Man 4

I wonder what Megaman's Final Smash will be.  One of those screen-filling attacks from later in the X series?  Or maybe he'll put on the Rush Armor and...

Oh God.

Sonic and Megaman are CLONES OF ONE ANOTHER

Good chance that it'll either be his Mega Man 6 adapter(s) or the Mega Man 7 Super Adapter. Either way, it shouldn't be close to Sonic's in design unless they really stretch the capabilities of the jet adapter.

I've never really played much Mega Man beyond the first 3 and a bit of the X games

where is the dive missile from

The joke is that it's a homing missile. An attack that homes, not anything like Sonic's Homing Attack.

I wonder if this time around they're going to give sonic a more diverse color pallet other than different shades of Blue. I can't see them doing that to Megaman so they shouldn't to Sonic this time around.

Megaman's will likely be popular attack colors; or the ones for his various moves.

I'd like to see the Sonic-bots as alts, so they're actually entirely a different color.

Megaman's will likely be popular attack colors; or the ones for his various moves.

I'd like to see the Sonic-bots as alts, so they're actually entirely a different color.

yeah, there's no reason there shouldn't be a full red and green Sonic. Whatever other color they put is totally them. Kinda hoping for Black and Purple as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason for Sonic's colours is because of how strict SEGA are over the way that he's represented as a brand. It's the same reason that the All Stars Racing games don't let multiple players choose the same character, even in online matches. "There is only one Sonic and he has these specific colours. Fan characters are not to be confused with official characters". I wouldn't expect to see any change if I were you.

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason for Sonic's colours is because of how strict SEGA are over the way that he's represented as a brand. It's the same reason that the All Stars Racing games don't let multiple players choose the same character, even in online matches. "There is only one Sonic and he has these specific colours. Fan characters are not to be confused with official characters". I wouldn't expect to see any change if I were you.

we've been over that before, but still, some find it dumb, some were okay with it. This time around to have different colors would be nice

And then there's Sonic Boom...
  • Thumbs Up 3

we've been over that before, but still, some find it dumb, some were okay with it. This time around to have different colors would be nice

I can totally understand them not wanting to use Sonic recolours, but with regards to ASR, I think using identical Sonics who all drove recoloured cars would have been absolutely fine. Sumo Rex and S0L didn't like that though, because the cars are supposed to be extensions of the characters, and I guess SEGA might have felt the same way.

So yeah, with SSB it's always gonna be "slighty different shades of blue the Hedgehog". MegaMan officially has different colour schemes depending on which power he's using and whatnot, so he should be absolutely fine.

Please let me deny it's existence. Edited by Blue Blood

What was his forward A move before?

He did a full body spinning motion horizontally, racks up and the last hit does some standard knockback.

I'd suggest you take a look at-

Goddamn it.

Also, an actual Sonic game recolors Sonic but Smash can't?

Edited by Bold n' Brash Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

315g56v.jpg

Wow.

Really liking the way both characters are represented here.

thats awsome i also just realized something

SonicUniv53var.jpeg

those crafty bastards  

• Thumbs Up 2

I took a closer look at this.

wXc9uC4.gif

Even with the gif slightly sped up, it looks like Sonic runs even faster than he did in Brawl. He covered the distance he kicked Luigi in an instant.

His starting frames of his jump seem to have been cut too.

He's gonna have an easier time comboing, for sure.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not just that, but it seems the direction which your sent flying looks fixed. Hopefully none of that weird "being sent in the opposite direction which you were hit" crap that Brawl annoying had.

... "being sent in the opposite direction which you were hit" crap that Brawl annoying had.

Gameovers Boss battle mode so many times because of that crap.

In the build up to Marvel vs. Capcom 3 I was reading about the various palette swaps of the characters and what they were based on.  Somewhere along the way it was mentioned that there were some popular costumes and whatever that they couldn't do because they were too similar to ones they were already doing, the logic being that the alternate colors needed to be obviously different from each other so that players can keep track of their characters during mirror matches.

I'm really hoping the Smash developers can somehow use that extremely practical logic to get Sega to allow better Sonic recolors.  If they do, I'd like to see colors based on other Sonic characters.  Tails Orange, Knuckles Red, Amy Pink, Shadow Black...and Vector Green, since they're probably gonna use palette swaps to signify team colors again.dry.png

Then again, Pikachu has only had shades of yellow for all of the games, so the whole idea might be fucked from the start.

I for one look forward to seeing Pac Man in Smash Bros. I really don't care if his new show is lame, that character's got history. If anyone deserves a spot, it's him.

• Thumbs Up 2