Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

well pac man is still dumb so there

;^;

I respect this statement. So Pac-man is dumb and should instead be shafted for Tok-man.  Toc-Man_%28Pac-Man_World%29.png

Edited by Chrononego
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ice Climbers jump and that's it. Ness and Lucas are both the healers in their respective games. Pit was pretty much rebuilt from the ground up. The Villager? Fox? Dr Mario? Pichu? 

Didn't pit still actually FIGHT enemies in his original game with weapons? Pichu is a Pokemon. Almost all Pokemon get a pass because they are combat centered.

Didn't pit still actually FIGHT enemies in his original game with weapons? Pichu is a Pokemon. Almost all Pokemon get a pass because they are combat centered.

Pokemon only have 4 attacks, on a rare possibility they may even combine attacks.

Gomen for responding to a post so far back

Why? What's wrong with good ol' Jiggy?

She's fucking useless and OP at the same time.

Her fucking slap move can be abused so badly that you can slap your enemy really far off the ledge and float back, but good luck pulling it off

Her fucking sleep move just tells balance to fuck off, but at the same time it's so goddamn finicky and if you don't hit them you're a sitting duck.

Her roll move is also crap. Do you know how many times I've seen people fly off the ledge with no way to save themselves?

And worst of all, she's annoying. Her eyes are creepy, her voice is grating, and her cpu's are obnoxious.

She's a fucking joke character that is a waste of a roster slot. I want that fucking marshmellow gone.

Her fucking slap move can be abused so badly that you can slap your enemy really far off the ledge and float back, but good luck pulling it off

Her fucking sleep move just tells balance to fuck off, but at the same time it's so goddamn finicky and if you don't hit them you're a sitting duck.

Her roll move is also crap. Do you know how many times I've seen people fly off the ledge with no way to save themselves?

And worst of all, she's annoying. Her eyes are creepy, her voice is grating, and her cpu's are obnoxious.

She's a fucking joke character that is a waste of a roster slot. I want that fucking marshmellow gone.

Or they could just, you know, fix her. 

ANYWAY, all of this being said, if all these characters were given full blown movesets, there's literally no stopping Sakurai and co. from making Pac-Man a fighter.

With Namco-Bandai having a hand in the game's development, if there's any one property of theirs that's going to make it through, if there's room for one more third party character, it's gonna be their mascot, no other way around it. Pac-Man also happens to be one of gaming's most recognized icons, which is what Smash is all about - memorable icons and characters throughout Nintendo's history decking each other in the face.

It's also why we've got characters like Sonic and Mega Man. The former is the mascot and a recognized icon from SEGA, a company that was once Nintendo's fiercest rival in the industry before becoming close partners; the latter, from Capcom, had his humble beginnings as the Blue Bomber on the NES, becoming one of the most recognized icons to have ever appeared on Nintendo hardware.

There's literally no stopping Pac-Man from being in the game save for Sakurai's say so.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holding back on the control stick or d-pad is not that hard.

I thought it was already confirmed that no Namco characters are in.

He just said they weren't getting special treatment.

So now that my favorite two characters are back (Sonic and Toon Link), all that I'm really waiting for is the reveal of the Mario Galaxy stage. That Kirby pic just taunts me, especially with the comment that goes with it!:<

Oh and new characters. That to.

Gomen for responding to a post so far back

With all of that said, she is still one of the best characters in the game.....Tier 1 if I'm right. 

One of the best characters in what? Brawl? Jigglypuff is terrible in Brawl.

One of the better ones in Melee for sure tho'.

Jigglypuff's Rollout makes for hilariously fantastic edgeguards though.

Jigglypuff coming to get me? That's ok I'll just fastfall and recover on stage and wait is she B-reversing the Rollout oh crap I'm in helpless and about to eat a move that kills at 80 gg.

So satisfying to snipe Falcos with this.

I've been on the side that I feel Jigglypuff is joke fodder too and wish something else would fill her place. I've heard she's pretty popular in Japan however. I guess I, and anyone else I've ever played the game with, never uses the thing, and I hardly ever hear of a person maining Jigglypuff. Aside from the Japan thing, it's always felt like a largely random inclusion, even if she's been around since the start.

I think Jiggly's alright, and she's certainly got more reason now to be relevant than she has since... ever, basically, but I wouldn't be too fussed if she was replaced. Just as long as it was something else cute that replaced her, and not just another humanoid trying-really-hard-to-be-cool-mon like Mewtwo or Lucario. Nothin' wrong with those, but I like variety.

Of course, the best (worst?) possible thing would be for Jigglypuff to be replaced by Wigglytuff as a Mystery Dungeon rep. YOOM TAH!

Edited by Octarine

Jigglypuff is fairly unique and interesting as a fighter, but not at all as a Pokemon or representative of that series. It's not as if it's a starter, or a legendary, or something. It's got a few recurring appearances in the anime from what I remember, sure, but I didn't get the impression that it was really all that popular. Jigglypuff is only really still in Smash because it was there from the beginning. 

I think this series needs more varied representation. If we count Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle separately, Brawl had 6 Pokemon characters, and 5 of them were from Generation 1. 

ANYWAY

8x3otf.jpg

that face

Edited by Solly

Jiggy's main inclusion status in 64 = Very Popular in Japan / Joke inclusion Main inclusion status "Melee - For" = Veteran / Original 12

8x3otf.jpg

that face

and Sakurai says

"Excuse me, but I didn’t just hear you say "Sonic joins the battle," did I?"

he is visibly in Awe

Yeah.....nah, Toon Link still looks off to me.

I never got the chance to comment on Sonic's model. It's easily one of the best Sonic models ever.

I just realize that we got first footage from the new stages that has been revealed. Pilot wings stage looks so great! They all look great

Edit: It seems Olimar is only getting three Pikmin? Why? That just make him more weaker.

Edited by jordine