Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Soo....does anyone think Little Mac and Mii still have a good shot at being in this game, or is this just another rumor that should just die?

Soo....does anyone think Little Mac and Mii still have a good shot at being in this game, or is this just another rumor that should just die?

Do people really want to play as Miis?  I mean... the appeal of playing as a character is their unique moveset, and the idea of playing as "yourself" is kind of lost when you have the same moveset as everyone else playing as "themselves".

I still would love to see Miis replace the generic fighters for Multi-Man Mode.

• Thumbs Up 4

Do people really want to play as Miis?  I mean... the appeal of playing as a character is their unique moveset, and the idea of playing as "yourself" is kind of lost when you have the same moveset as everyone else playing as "themselves".

I still would love to see Miis replace the generic fighters for Multi-Man Mode.

I wouldnt want miis in this for the same reason I wouldnt want them in M&S over new characters, they just arent that iconic or special

I wouldnt want miis in this for the same reason I wouldnt want them in M&S over new characters, they just arent that iconic or special

I would say they are more iconic than Wii Fit Trainer.

if we get Mii's, I would like them to be basically a little side Option, that Doesnt count towards the overall Roster, kinda like how Mario Kart 7 did.

for Moveset, I would Imagine them to be like the Mokujin of Smash, randomly adapting a random smash characters Moveset, for Added Bonus have some of the Wii Sports/Play items appear as needed (i,e. a Bokken or something in pace of Link/Marth's swords)

The Mii's could randomly take on the playstyle of another character, kind of like Charade in Soul Calibur II.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who needs snake when you have............................Bayonetta? Am RIGHT?

>_>
<_<

*leaves topic.*

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd really much rather that Miis be a showcase of Ninty peripherals with a fantasy touch rather than having a bunch of arbitary sports implements shoehorned onto them. There's a few obvious options, like using a Wiimote and/or Nunchuk for the majority of their normals, maybe even the WiiU pad itself for a special move or two, but if you reached back further you could bring back the Super Scope and NES Zapper as projectile moves, and if you were really daring maybe you could even find a use for the Power Glove in there.

...but really I just want Miis as an excuse to fling around the Nunchuck like an actual nunchaku, which to me is awesome enough to warrant a character on its own.

I wouldn't mind Mii's if like.... Sakurai let you customize their moves, like you can choose to have Sonic's UpB and Mario's side Smash, kinda like Emerl in Sonic Battle....but I can see that leading to complications and broken-ness XD

I'd really much rather that Miis be a showcase of Ninty peripherals with a fantasy touch rather than having a bunch of arbitary sports implements shoehorned onto them. There's a few obvious options, like using a Wiimote and/or Nunchuk for the majority of their normals, maybe even the WiiU pad itself for a special move or two, but if you reached back further you could bring back the Super Scope and NES Zapper as projectile moves, and if you were really daring maybe you could even find a use for the Power Glove in there.

...but really I just want Miis as an excuse to fling around the Nunchuck like an actual nunchaku, which to me is awesome enough to warrant a character on its own.

I was kind of hoping that moveset would go to Reggie....if he ever got in...which he won't. *goes into a corner and cries while people stomp on his dreams*

admittedly, Slippy as an ultimate tech/weapon character would be cool.... though on the other hand, why couldnt they turn Wolf more into that? hes a merc, no reason why they couldnt up his arsenal

Because Slippy's main purpose is to be the techie of team Star Fox? He invents the majority of the weapons they use. How does it suit Wolf more than Slippy?

Edited by Chooch

Because Slippy's whole main purpose is to be the techie of team Star Fox? He invents the majority of the weapons they use. How does it suit Wolf more than Slippy?

Wolf has been in previously, and was slightly a clone, him with heavy weapondry would make him slightly less of a clone(also, we are talking about a guy who keeps a plasma cannon on his ship)

Wolf is like the last guy who needs heavy weaponry. His decent speed contributed greatly to his playstyle as a heavyweight. It makes heavy weaponry based attacks pointless.

That aside Slippy is the last guy I ever want to even see in this game ever, so if they want to keep Snake's moveset, just fucking keep Snake. If he can be in once, he can be in again. 

Well, I certainly hope you weren't too attached to him.
I wasn't but nonetheless he was a great addition to Brawl's roster.

Wolf is like the last guy who needs heavy weaponry. His decent speed contributed greatly to his playstyle as a heavyweight. It makes heavy weaponry based attacks pointless.

That aside Slippy is the last guy I ever want to even see in this game ever, so if they want to keep Snake's moveset, just fucking keep Snake. If he can be in once, he can be in again. 

Ya I can understand that, however I do kinda wish they would give him his double pistols from Assualt, and gerandes as well

I wasn't but nonetheless he was a great addition to Brawl's roster.

Those Codec calls were great fun. It's like what the Star Fox stage easter eggs should be. <3

Personally I feel like Slippy (or Peppy for that matter) would be weird as playable characters, since in the games they usually seem more like, not really fighters. I feel weird putting it that way but Slippy is usually the butt of trouble that needs saving or help, while Peppy seems to be the wise person of the group. I mean they fly around and shoo's da guns too, but I guess they're less portrayed as hearty warriors of space and craziness like say Fox, Falco, or Wolf. Giving Slippy a bunch of tech gear as a character would feel odd to me personally, since he's hardly been in that situation to be shown fighting in that sort of style. He may invent things I guess, but it's hard to see him waddling around planting futuristic C4 on the battlefield. Maybe it's just me.

As for the Wolf talk, although he's a merc or whatever, his nature seems to be more "I'm gonna rip ya face open bub," so I personally like how he was portrayed in Brawl. He fights with his claws like a savage animal and is more of a raw powerhouse than his clone brethren characters, substituting for their speed. He was half-way refreshing by being a little more original than Falco (though not by much), so I'd love to see him further explored if he would return. However that said he's kinda been in my mind's "top list of characters probably not returning" thingy since he's such an odd inclusion and kinda down the ranks in terms of popularity in his own series. Also with Star Fox hardly being as relevant anymore, I guess I want to believe that only Fox and Falco would return but idunno.

Would love for him to return though, animal favoritism aside he was my main because he's awesome :U

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Snake didn't return. I always felt he was a little bit out of place in Brawl but that's just me.

And with no MGS games coming out on Nintendo consoles anytime soon what's the point of having him in this SSB anyway?

Yeah Snake did felt kinda out of place in Smash, I mean I did enjoy him and all, but I felt like a Castlevania rep, a Konami series which had far longer and more notable history on nearly every Nintendo console deserved the spot more. Either that or Mystical Ninja main character Gaemon or whatever his name is.

There is no point, there wasn't really a point last time either. Him returning here is entirely up to Sakurai and that's if Kojima doesn't mind him being included again. Its not like the outcome will require heavy thinking.

I still feel people only liked Snake's addition to the game because of his coolness factor. Odd too because most of his audience doesn't own a Nintendo product.

I still feel people only liked Snake's addition to the game because of his coolness factor. Odd too because most of his audience doesn't own a Nintendo product.

that or it was because he just seemed so out of the Nintendo universe with his "past." Shame he never used blades or a gun XD

I was wondering: has there ever been an attack in this series that dished out more damage against aerial opponents? Or perhaps a character whose attacks dealt more damage or knockback whilst airborne? That could be an interesting mechanic.

Seeing Snake return would be weird. He was only in Brawl because Kojima personally wanted to see it.  It seemed like a one-time thing, and Metal Gear Solid as a series couldn't be much less related to Nintendo. Literally every game to appear on one of their systems was a remake or a port, and even today, games like Peace Walker, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and MGS5 are all on everything but Nintendo platforms. Having him would practically be advertising for competitors.

People wouldn't even think of requesting Snake if he weren't in Brawl- which was already out of the left field. I like him and all, but I'm not gonna be bothered if he doesn't come back.

Brawl was the reason why I even heard of snake.

Is that sad?

Edited by jordine