Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Sakurai could just not give a fuck and add him again. I'd honestly rather have Snake return before a lot of other characters.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just really like the way Snake played.

put MGS5 on the Wii U or something and we'd be in business. 

They could retain the play style without Snake by adding Slippy but we don't live in an ideal world.

They could retain the play style without Snake by adding Slippy ✰~RIDLEY~✰ but we don't live in an ideal world.

theeeeerrre we go

Snake was fun to play and the fact that he was a "WTF" add to Smash brothers was a plus. I loved placing down claymores and c4 every year and randomly setting them off. Especially when you're in a close match and your opponent(s) forget that you placed that c4 down awhile ago and "NOW!" VICTORY!

admittedly, Slippy as an ultimate tech/weapon character would be cool.... though on the other hand, why couldnt they turn Wolf more into that? hes a merc, no reason why they couldnt up his arsenal

Wouldn't they add "Big Boss" though? Considering he's more relevant and has had quite a focus on for the past few years. The last major title Solid Snake was in was MGS4, which released around the same time as Brawl. (All this is me just assuming IF he even gets in.)

No. Snake or nothing. Accept no substitutions

Raiden confirmed for Snake replacement.

If Snake comes back, what stage would he have?

I mean, I wouldn't mind Snake, but I kind of would want to see Big Boss more. I don't know, I was always more fascinated with his story over Snakes. Either way, seeing a Metal gear character with SSB4's visual update would be cool. 

Oh and Raiden would be awesome!

Well IF Snake returned, something from Metal Gear Solid 4 seems plausible for a stage. Perhaps the ruined city from the first act of the game, or

SolidSnakevsliquidOcelotHD.jpg

Edited by Hedgehogs Parkour

Can they just keep Snake? I know he's not really related to nintendo.....but come on. That moveset is awesome.

Can they just keep Snake? I know he's not really related to nintendo.....but come on. That moveset is awesome.

What if they gave part of his moveset to Wolf? but with assualt weapons, I mean that would be a way to really differentiate him!

I'd assume Big Boss could be pretty similar to snake aside from maybe one or two of his weapons. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd assume Big Boss could be pretty similar to snake aside from maybe one or two of his weapons. 

Big Boss would just be Solid Snake with a more CQC and 60's-70's weapons oriented moveset. 

Seeing Snake return would be weird. He was only in Brawl because Kojima personally wanted to see it.  It seemed like a one-time thing, and Metal Gear Solid as a series couldn't be much less related to Nintendo. Literally every game to appear on one of their systems was a remake or a port, and even today, games like Peace Walker, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and MGS5 are all on everything but Nintendo platforms. Having him would practically be advertising for competitors.

People wouldn't even think of requesting Snake if he weren't in Brawl- which was already out of the left field. I like him and all, but I'm not gonna be bothered if he doesn't come back.

• Thumbs Up 6

Big Boss would just be Solid Snake with a more CQC and 60's-70's weapons oriented moveset. 

Exactly. Already better in my eyes.

Solid Snake was already a bit of a stretch for some people when it came to fitting in with the rest of the Smash cast, and he's a nice guy in a silly spy catsuit. Replacing him with Big Boss, who wears regular camo a lot of the time and was recently featured in a trailer for his most recent game choking a child to death seems... unwise.

If you had to put in a character from Snake Eater 3D because that's the most recent Metal Gear thing on a Nintendo platform and you're desperate for '60s goodness, The Boss might make at least a tiny bit more sense, since she's got a goofy outfit and she rates a lot lower than BB on the Hitler scale.

Solid Snake was already a bit of a stretch for some people when it came to fitting in with the rest of the Smash cast, and he's a nice guy in a silly spy catsuit. Replacing him with Big Boss, who wears regular camo a lot of the time and was recently featured in a trailer for his most recent game choking a child to death seems... unwise.

If you had to put in a character from Snake Eater 3D because that's the most recent Metal Gear thing on a Nintendo platform and you're desperate for '60s goodness, The Boss might make at least a tiny bit more sense, since she's got a goofy outfit and she rates a lot lower than BB on the Hitler scale.

Forget that,Forget Big Boss, Forget even Snake! lets put Otacon in!

OtaconMGS4.jpg

Edited by Hedgehogs Parkour
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't she be OP, though? I mean, she was pretty much nigh-unstoppable in that game...

Wouldn't she be OP, though? I mean, she was pretty much nigh-unstoppable in that game...

She does have some weaknesses, like her inability to see things three feet in front of her if they're in tall grass.

...which I guess would make Pokemon Trainer her natural counter, since that's his home turf.

• Thumbs Up 4

I felt Snake fit in fine for Brawl because they did it in a nicely campy way, putting focus on some of the sillier aspects of the franchise first and foremost.  His very first appearence was hiding in a cardboard box, and the whole presentation of him in the game felt very... respectfully aware that there is a world that exists outside Nintendo's consoles and that he is a beloved character by many.

I'm not into Metal Gear at all, but I'd KIND of miss him in Smash 4.  Not much though.

• Thumbs Up 2