Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

To those who still think so, how would you like for the makers of this game to change Sonic's final smash this time around?

Less damage, less knockback, or less speed. It wasn't balanced - his generally weak toolkit was counterbalanced with an incredibly powerful final smash that had no available counter play.

Most of the other final smashes had some way to be countered, whether it be by being quick on your feet or dodging it in some manner. Sonic's didn't, unless you were playing a really fast character (i.e. Falcon or Sonic).

Remember: Taking power out of his final smash would allow them to apply more power to his toolkit overall, making him more fun to play and more rewarding to actually use outside of his smash.

Those voice clips sounded more like they came from Generations to me. I definitely heard the "Ha!" he says when boosting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very happy with this :D  Sonic VS Mega Man is possible now! If the online is improved then I can see myself playing this game a ton more than Brawl.

I'm pretty sure one stops if you charge it for too long. Sakurai referred to it as a "pop".
Nope, neither do. I know this for a fact. Though Side B requires you to hold B whilst Down B quotes you to mash.

Now, I think bets are on if a second Sonic character will make it in XD

It's not going to happen, dude.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic also happens to be the first revealed character whose respective game release to coincide with the reveal comes out on two platforms.

We've already seen Windy Hill in the Wii U version. Will we see Windy Hill in the 3DS version?

Edited by Joshua

Nope, neither do. I know this for a fact. Though Side B requires you to hold B whilst Down B quotes you to mash.

I'm gonna have to try that out, but I'll take your word for it.

Looks at thread. Yeah um give me 2-3 hours to post my proper reaction

The best thing about this Sonic reveal is that we know he's been in there from the start this time, while in Brawl he was presumably a somewhat late addition. Now hopefully that means we'll get more that one badly remixed piece of music this time, and possibly a second assist trophy or other items. Wouldn't hold my breath for a second Sonic character though. That'd really be pushing it.

And echoing what Joshua said, we'll probably see a level other than Windy Hill on 3DS. They seem to really be going for stage variety, so the field is open. I hope they don't pick Green Hill though.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

The best thing about this Sonic reveal is that we know he's been in there from the start this time, while in Brawl he was presumably a somewhat late addition. Now hopefully that means we'll get more that one badly remixed piece of music this time, and possibly a second assist trophy or other items. Wouldn't hold my breath for a second Sonic character though. That'd really be pushing it.

And echoing what Joshua said, we'll probably see a level other than Windy Hill on 3DS. They seem to really be going for stage variety, so the field is open. I hope they don't pick Green Hill though.

Desert Ruins for 3DS smash stage please and thank you

Despite my fairly recent distaste for the game, I wonder if they'll pick a level from the Sonic Rush games for the 3DS version. Leaf Storm wouldn't be a bad choice.

It's just his back air. And it's GFX not SFX. SFX is sound effects.

Ahhh youre completely right, I got confused there for a sec. Silly me tongue.png But yeah... its just the back air, we can actually see it in the trailer too.

Edited by dabbido

It won't be Green Hill since they don't recycle levels. Green Hill Zone can possibly be in the Brawl Levels section, though.

I hope they show us more of Windy Hill tho :<

Now all we need is Pacman and Knuckles (I wouldnt entirely rule it out, or if you wanted a portable ref Blaze would be an option)

Also heres a thought, with the 3DS version you would think we would get some reps from portable only francises, any thoughts?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Now all we need is Pacman and Knuckles (I wouldnt entirely rule it out, or if you wanted a portable ref Blaze would be an option)

Also heres a thought, with the 3DS version you would think we would get some reps from portable only francises, any thoughts?

Both versions are confirmed to have the same roster

so no

Though I am stoked that Sonic is back, I am mad that they copy and pasted his move set from Brawl. Would it have been so hard to throw in some moves from sonic battle or wisp abilities to give him some good killing power?

Both versions are confirmed to have the same roster

so no

So? nothing wrong with the character coming to both, its just more likely since there IS a portable version there should be at least one portable francise represented(other than pokemon or kirby)

lol at everyone saying that Sonic's moveset is absolutely the same based off of one trailer.

We have yet to see more than all of that footage, we even have yet to see his final smash.

Just give it time.

• Thumbs Up 1

We can't even tell how powerful his moves are, since we can't see the damage percents in the video.

Sakurai already stated during the Peach reveal that some moves will be altered or replaced as time goes on. I doubt Pit and Bowser will be the only veterans to have moveset alterations.

• Thumbs Up 4

So? nothing wrong with the character coming to both, its just more likely since there IS a portable version there should be at least one portable francise represented(other than pokemon or kirby)

Mario, Luigi, DK, Yoshi , and Sonic have been in main portable titles or will be (Yoshi) so there you go. 

Mario, Luigi, DK, Yoshi , and Sonic have been in main portable titles or will be (Yoshi) so there you go. 

I mean ones that are primarily portable, ones that have rarely been on consoles, like say Golden sun