Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

tumblr_mu3ee9azqg1sxj4f3o1_1280.jpg

Found this while browsing tumblr. Not sure where it came from, but maybe it's an indication that Sonic's moves will have more power behind them this time around.

tumblr_mu3ee9azqg1sxj4f3o1_1280.jpg

Found this while browsing tumblr. Not sure where it came from, but maybe it's an indication that Sonic's moves will have more power behind them this time around.

SEGA shared this one the moment Sonic was announced.

and not just another humanoid trying-really-hard-to-be-cool-mon like Mewtwo or Lucario. Nothin' wrong with those, but I like variety.

take that back

• Thumbs Up 8

Jigglypuff is fairly unique and interesting as a fighter, but not at all as a Pokemon or representative of that series. It's not as if it's a starter, or a legendary, or something. It's got a few recurring appearances in the anime from what I remember, sure, but I didn't get the impression that it was really all that popular. Jigglypuff is only really still in Smash because it was there from the beginning. 

I think this series needs more varied representation. If we count Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle separately, Brawl had 6 Pokemon characters, and 5 of them were from Generation 1. 

ANYWAY

8x3otf.jpg

that face

That face with the caption from Sakurai. It's almost like Toon Link is talking to me... saying "There you go LunarEdge, your two mains are back and possibly better than ever."

• Thumbs Up 1

not just another humanoid trying-really-hard-to-be-cool-mon like Mewtwo

There's a difference between trying (Lucario) and being (Mewtwo).

Mewtwo is the epitome of badass.

Edited by Bold n' Brash Wario

Hey, I never said Mewtwo didn't succeed at what it was trying to do. I don't even have a problem with Lucario, really. I just don't want a roster that's those two plus Zoroark and Blaziken or whatever; they're all fine, but gimme some variety.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't worry. I honestly don't think that many people seriously want Zoroak(EEEEW) or Blaziken in.

They're not Mewtwo or Lucario levels of popular. 

I never got the chance to comment on Sonic's model. It's easily one of the best Sonic models ever.

Not to mention they actually have Sonic's mouth correctly placed on the side of his cheek like it should be.

As for Pokemon, yeah you won't have anyone at the same level as Lucario and Mewtwo in terms of popularity except for Pikachu and Eevee, with Charizard being the most popular of the Starters in general.

No one really gives a crap about Zoroark despite having a movie. Genesect isn't really all that either. Blaziken is problemly the most well known of the Hoenn Pokemon, but it's only a slight possibility. And no Gen 6 Pokemon is really that well advertised except for Sylveon.

The could however do a different Pokemon Trainer through, one based off Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos, but Red's popularity out of sky-rocketed after the Origins Special. Personally,  favor Hilda with Snivy, Pignite, & Samurott.

Haha, Toon Link as Sonic fan= Confirmed.

Count me as someone that likes the idea of Pac-Man as a one game novelty smasher, like Snake was.

Why was Snake even in Brawl, anyway? His inclusion seemed so strange to me right from the start.

Why was Snake even in Brawl, anyway? His inclusion seemed so strange to me right from the start.

Kojima begged. Him and Sakurai are friends.

Was that really the only prerequisite to it? Sonic and MegaMan make sense at least, from history between the companies and characters as well as fan requests.

Edited by Blue Blood

That's literally it.

Kojima and Sakurai are close friends.  Otherwise, Snake wouldn't have even been considered.

That's a pretty shit stipulatiton to put Snake in for, and still baffles me.

Kojima: "Hey bro could you put Snake in your Nintendo fanservice gam even though his history with Nintendo is almost nonexistant?"

Sakurai: "lol sure but let me ask Miyamoto"

Miyamoto: "Sounds innovative"

• Thumbs Up 3

-shrug-

So, after watching Pokemon Origins, I'd very much enjoy having the Pokemon Trainer back, but actually calling him "Red" or "PKMN Trainer Red".  Also, make Charizard's Dragon Mega Evo the new FS.

• Thumbs Up 1

The legalities of such inclusions are made less noticeable when you have connections within the companies. Snake's inclusion was seen as a nice gesture towards the history of Metal Gear on Nintendo's consoles (it was on Nintendo consoles in it's infancy, as well as some of the Ps2 titles being brought over - remember, MGS3 was on 3DS as a deal with Nintendo post-Brawl).

I'd like to see him back, personally, and I'm not even a fan of the Metal Gear series.

• Thumbs Up 2

The NES game was a terrible port of the MSX version and Twin Snakes is a remastering that a lot of people don't like. I can't think of any othe Nintendo Metal Gear games before Brawl.

Either Kojima has little interest in putting the series on Nintendo platforms, or they don't sell well enough to warrant it. I highly doubt it was done as a gesture.

MGS3D was put on the 3DS for the same price that you could get the HD collection, which had three times the content.

Whoopee.

The version of Metal Gear's history that tends to get passed around is that the NES port of Metal Gear sold better than the original MSX version, hence why Snake's Revenge happened. If one of the people working on Snake's Revenge hadn't bumped into Kojima on the subway and asked him to make a real sequel, Metal Gear 2 wouldn't have been made and the franchise might've just died there. So in a roundabout way, according to this version of events that I'm not certain has much basis in truth, Metal Gear can kind of thank Nintendo for its continued existence.

...I mean, it's better than nothing.

I love Metal Gear, but I'm not expecting to see Snake back and I won't be terribly sad if he's not in. I still think it'd be both hilarious and genuinely really cool if they just replaced him with Sami from Advance Wars using basically the same moveset.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

I couldn't care less about the stipulation at this point. Snake was in the game and he was awesome. Broken and had many stupid elements about him but his inherent design was wicked. Truly unique character.

I couldn't care less about the stipulation at this point. Snake was in the game and he was awesome. Broken and had many stupid elements about him but his inherent design was wicked. Truly unique character.

Well, I certainly hope you weren't too attached to him.